Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many more years does Brownell get to get us to the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

How many more years does Brownell get to get us to the

Feb 16, 2015, 9:20 PM

NCAA Tourney?

How many more years does Brownell get to get us to The Dance?    [Results]

None - he should be gone after this season if we don't make it.
1 more - that's it.
2 more - tops.
As many as it takes. He's a good coach and we should keep him forever because we couldn't possibly do any better.
2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Who would you replace him with,who we could reasonably Get

Feb 16, 2015, 9:22 PM

Don't say Smart, he would;t come

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who would you replace him with,who we could reasonably Get

Feb 16, 2015, 9:25 PM

they never have an answer to this question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Because it is ridiculously hard to answer this question.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:35 PM

If you want to know who someone would get if they could get anyone in the world, then hypothetically that would be an easy answer to come up with.

If you want a realistic answer it is almost impossible to give until the vacancy is announced. Usually this is done at the end of the season. At that time you can see which coaches are available and obtainable.

I'm not saying Brownell should get canned yet. But if he did, and Clemson ponied up some dough, I bet we'd have a decent pool of obtainable coaches to contact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely. I'm not saying he should be canned anytime soon

Feb 16, 2015, 9:46 PM

either, but it is downright foolish to think that we could not get another good coach at Clemson. And he wouldn't necessarily have to be "better" than Brownell; at some point if Brownell doesn't get it done, it may just be unfortunate but necessary to move in another direction to breathe life back into the program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

go get Larry brown

Feb 16, 2015, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Who would you replace him with,who we could reasonably Get ]

He has coached everywhere else and has SMU in top 25. BTW the who can we reasonably expect to get is the dumbest question ever posed. The next great young coach is out there if you have an AD who can find him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take Michael White from La. Tech***

Feb 16, 2015, 10:29 PM

My first choice of someone who would actually maybe come

Feb 16, 2015, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Who would you replace him with,who we could reasonably Get ]

is Archie Miller. Also look at someone like Frank Haith potentially. Also maybe Derek Kellogg

For those who don't know these are the head coaches at Dayton, Tulsa, and UMass currently

Message was edited by: tigerfan22334®

wasn't Haith fired from Miami for cheating?***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:38 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was caught up in the Nevin Shapiro thing

Feb 16, 2015, 9:40 PM

but I wouldn't entirely place that on him. He came in when that was going on and kinda got a bad rep for it. He was suspended for 5 games from the NCAA for it and was watched carefully at Missouri where he was never found guilty of any wrongdoing. I'd be willing to give him a chance so long as they keep an eye on him.

Also he was never fired. He was hired away to Missouri.

Message was edited by: tigerfan22334®

Re: He was caught up in the Nevin Shapiro thing

Feb 16, 2015, 10:02 PM

It was a mutual parting with Mizzou - plus, Missouri fans were for the most part happy to see him go because they had a recurring theme of losing close games late, over and over and over again, and he refused to coach discipline and defense. Obviously the new hire hasn't worked out for them this year but he's headed in a better long-term direction than Haith ever was at Mizzou.

Also, he was suspended his first 4-5 games of his last season there due to involvement in the Shapiro case.

Miller is a good shout. What about Marshall?***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:50 PM [ in reply to My first choice of someone who would actually maybe come ]

Marshall wouldn't leave Wichita to come here.***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:53 PM

Re: Marshall wouldn't leave Wichita to come here.***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:58 PM

he is a c$$t!!! do not want him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haith was a bum at Miami***

Feb 16, 2015, 9:52 PM [ in reply to My first choice of someone who would actually maybe come ]

I have no idea who would or would not be interested.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Who would you replace him with,who we could reasonably Get ]

Obviously, you could rule out certain big names like Pitino, Kryzwsqrtxvski, etc., or anyone that is hugely successful and happy where they are, but that's ALWAYS the case for almost everybody (with very, very few exceptions). That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of good coaches that would be interested in Clemson if we are truly interested.

I really do think Brownell is a good coach, and I like him a lot. However, at some point the program may need new life, and it's absurd to hang onto Brownell forever based on the false belief that we can't get another good coach.

- H. L. Mencken

His contract says he's here for awhile. Link:

Feb 16, 2015, 9:33 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/brad-brownell-s-six-year-extension-is-a-gamble-for-clemson-170817710.html

Our current AD - Mismanaged GT basketball Coach Staff

Feb 16, 2015, 9:49 PM

And their salaries. GT Basketball has been set back at least five years due to him. Clemson Basketball is trending on the same line due to same leadership. Downward!

Re: How many more years does Brownell get to get us to the

Feb 16, 2015, 9:34 PM

Lol. I would bet my life 117 was the one ##### that voted "as long as it takes".

He needs at least 3 more

Feb 16, 2015, 9:53 PM

DRad will give him an extension after year 8 when he interviews with Arkansas and then we'll fire him 6 months later.

We're a football school with a basketball team.

Feb 16, 2015, 9:55 PM

It would be nice to see our bball team win more, but at the end of the day...

We're still a football school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear that all the time, and it's a horrible excuse for not

Feb 16, 2015, 10:01 PM

having a good basketball program.

- H. L. Mencken

I don't disagree. Like I said, I would like to see our

Feb 16, 2015, 10:05 PM

bball team win more...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many more years does Brownell get to get us to the

Feb 16, 2015, 9:55 PM

2 maybe 3 maybe 10 who knows

Archie Miller, Gregg Marshall, Shaka Smart, Oliver Purnell

Feb 17, 2015, 11:02 AM

There is 3......all would take $$$$.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic