Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Halfway through!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Halfway through!

Dec 4, 2018, 6:41 PM

Ok so I never posted about this on here but back in September I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I'm only 27 so it was not something i wanted to hear. But if there was any positive about it, it was that I got to move back home for the time being and go to Clemson sporting events for the first time since spring of 2013.

Today I had my halfway point chemo treatment. My PET scans have been very positive and the cancer cells in the neck lymphnodes and spleen are being eviscerated. My doctor says it's going about as well as possible so far. I always feel pretty tired and just overall not great for the few days after chemo but I start to feel better by the weekend usually.

Just wanted to say that Clemson sports and the discussion around them have really been a great distraction and help. And this place tigernet actually helps me as well!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh wow. Hang in there. That's a tough one.

Dec 4, 2018, 6:46 PM

Sometimes its okay to let people know where you are. It helps a little. Now we won't bug you about tennis either ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Halfway through!

Dec 4, 2018, 6:47 PM

Great News! I am praying for continued positive results from treatments and your quick and complete recovery. Go T_I_P and Go Tigers!!!!

Sorry for what you are dealing with but glad that you have

Dec 4, 2018, 6:49 PM

found the silver lining...and that you are WINNING!

FWIW, you must be wise and mature beyond your years. I would have guessed (based on my TigerNet interaction with you) that you were 15 or more years older than you are.

Glad you have the Tigers to lean on. If you ever need a sports buddy, I have a son who is a sophomore in nursing, and goes to EVERYTHING! Prayers for continued success in your battle.

Merry Christmas and GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 6:50 PM

best of luck. all the best in your fight.

I can see that Tigernet has many purposes! It has helped me also. Keeping a positive attitude does more than you would think! You are in my thoughts and prayers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are Welcome T_I_P!

Dec 4, 2018, 6:55 PM

Guess my off the chart, foolish, who cares, meaningless, stupid & way too many posts had an unknown reason after all! LoL.

Seriously, so saddened to hear of your health issue Tiger but glad to feel your positive & healing vibes coming thru my screen from Utah (?) and will be pulling for you 110% now!

Bright wishes & Merry Christmas to You & Family!

Cheers, “LightBulb” BiLL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 6:54 PM

You’re still a young man. Put up your dukes and fight this. You can win. Just look at James Conner. Stay strong and know my prayers are with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fight Tigers, fight tigers...

Dec 4, 2018, 6:55 PM

Glad things seem to be going well. Keep your spirits up. These TNet folks are always good for a few laughs a day.

Dec 4, 2018, 6:58 PM

Like it or not buddy, you've been added to my prayer list!

Thanks for sharing where you are in your fight.

When you feel alone, you won't be. When you think no one cares, we will.
When you think there is no hope, there is. When you think you can't stand anymore, you can.

More people than you'll ever realize will wash you in prayers daily.
You are covered!!!

Fight like he-ll damm-it, AND WIN!!!

Dec 4, 2018, 7:08 PM

Hang in there buddy. Had 2 friends battle the same disease. Both stage 3 and both clean scans for several years. Keep your head up and try to maintain a positive attitude. Remember that lethargy means the treatment is working. Saying a prayer for ya man

Good for you!

Dec 4, 2018, 7:11 PM

Kick Ass!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

keep your eye on the prize and hang in there!***

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Congratulations. Will pray for your continued recovery.***

Rooting for you T_I_P !

Dec 4, 2018, 7:12 PM

Hang in there bro and thanks for sharing.

That's great news!

Dec 4, 2018, 7:24 PM

Pulling for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 4, 2018, 7:27 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Thanks for sharing.

Dec 4, 2018, 7:28 PM

Thoughts with you sir TIP! Fight it like the Tiger you are!

Dec 4, 2018, 7:41 PM

Wow! I’m so glad to hear it’s going so well. You have a great attitude! Keep it up!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Though you did not ask

Dec 4, 2018, 7:45 PM

Prayer lifted for you. I do pray for your complete healing - mind, body, and soul.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Dec 4, 2018, 7:48 PM

Congrats to you! Going through treatments builds perseverance and gives you a greater appreciation of simple things.

God bless you!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 7:58 PM

Hang in there T I P. Thanks for making us aware of your problem. We are a team and each one of us has you in our prayers. Sometimes we appear to be people filled with hate but I have come to believe we are filled with compassion and we can see it demonstrated in these posts. Staying active on his board is excellent medication. It will definitely strengthen those muscles we use when we laugh.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing that with us

Dec 4, 2018, 8:00 PM

Dec 4, 2018, 8:03 PM

T_I_P, I hate to hear you are having to go through that. Keep up the fight and you will be through this before you know it. I will keep you in my prayers.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:09 PM

Keep fighting the fight!!! You can beat this. I will keep you in my prayers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 8:10 PM

Prayers for your continued success in your battle.

Dec 4, 2018, 8:10 PM

Halfway is a great turning point - on the home stretch for completion of the treatments!! Praying for your full and complete recovery, T_I_P!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 4, 2018, 8:12 PM

Love and prayers!!!

Dec 4, 2018, 8:14 PM

Stay tough Tiger!!

Dec 4, 2018, 8:18 PM

Cancer survivor here. Stay positive, pray to God for healing. “For we are healed by his strips”. My God Bless you my fellow Clemson fan.

Re: Rooting for ya, boss!

Dec 4, 2018, 9:02 PM

Great to enjoy these times with our Tigers, but perspective when I hear someone's story like go way farther than football.

Glad you're at a great milestone! Keep your head up!

TS

Dec 4, 2018, 9:12 PM

Fight the good fight brother !

DB23

Prayers for you fellow Tiger. Be strong and faithful!***

Dec 4, 2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Prayers for you fellow Tiger. Be strong and faithful!***

Dec 4, 2018, 10:33 PM

I have learned this board is good medicine in several different ways. Will keep you in my prayers young man. Sounds like you are making the best of things getting to take in some Clemson football.

I was literally stunned but uplifted

Dec 4, 2018, 10:37 PM

reading your positive post.

Your TigerNet friends, including me, will stand with you in this fight, and I know that prayers are being offered now in your support.

God bless and keep you.

Harry

Prayers for you, my friend!

Dec 4, 2018, 10:40 PM

Here's to continued success in your defeat of cancer, once and for all. God bless you.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 4, 2018, 11:00 PM

So glad you shared with the Tiger family so we could all lift daily prayers for you. Sounds like your treatments are working and am praying that you get better with each one until you are completely healed. God bless you.

Dec 4, 2018, 11:05 PM

Hey TIP, thanks for letting us know what's going on in your life. Chemo can be kind of a bizarre experience and affect you totally different from how you would have imagined it. Glad to hear you have family around you and that you and your doctor both have a positive attitude. We know you have the heart of a Tiger and you are fighting this battle with youth and strength on your side. Prayers for you and your family!

Dec 4, 2018, 11:09 PM

All the best man! All the best!

Dec 4, 2018, 11:11 PM

So sorry you have been having to deal with this. It sounds like you are getting pretty positive feedback from your doctor. I know your parents are thankful they can be there to help you through this journey. Just remember that positive thinking and determination are great healers also. Prayers for you and if this Tigerette can be of any help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Keep the fight strong, Go Tigers

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

may God bless you and continue to heal you...***

Dec 4, 2018, 11:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may God bless you and continue to heal you...***

Dec 4, 2018, 11:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news man, sorry to hear you're going through this, but glad for your progress!***

Dec 5, 2018, 1:08 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Dec 5, 2018, 1:37 AM

I will surely pray for you, and I'm pretty good at it bc I can talk God's ears off....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep fighting T_I_P! You got this!***

Dec 5, 2018, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Great news! Keep fighting***

Dec 5, 2018, 9:35 AM

Prayers for you and anyone else undergoing treatments for

Dec 5, 2018, 9:53 AM

different forms of cancer. At least, you caught one that there is an established treatment plan for, so consider yourself fortunate in that sense. I just lost my older brother to a form of cancer that only afflicted about 4 in every 10 million people. So, there was no set treatment plan. He fought it for 9 years, as little parts of him were slowly carved away.

I firmly believe that there is a common link out there in all forms of cancer. One day, in a small, privately funded altruistic lab, that answer will be found. Unfortunately, I do not think it will come from a giant government funded lab, because, then, they would be out of business. But, as long as it comes from somewhere, that is all that matters. Cancer is the most insidious killer there is. I pray that God will allow me to still be alive to see it eradicated in all forms.

If this place helps you, you need better Dr’s ..... and

Dec 5, 2018, 10:10 AM

better friends !!!!

lol .....

Great news !!! Stay positive !!!! CRUSH this thing like a straight set whitewashing !!

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Good Luck!***

Dec 5, 2018, 10:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Praying...

Dec 5, 2018, 10:42 AM

for continued healing and God's comfort!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a Stage 4 to a Stage 3...

Dec 5, 2018, 10:52 AM

I know that chemo is no fun. Learning how it treats you is a major part of the battle. Your mind and heart are the two most powerful weapons you possess, other than the Grace of God. Believing you can overcome this is a very integral part of the battle.

I know what I have--NSCLC(non small cell lung cancer)--several doctors told me I wouldn't make it past Christmas 2017 and here I am, 3 weeks away from 2018 and now in a Phase 1 clinical trial scheduled for two years. I plan on finishing it and going on to Phase 2. We know the infusions are a treatment, and mot a cure at this time. Who knows what tomorrow brings. That's why Sandy and I live it one day at a time.

If you ever need to vent(and we all do sometimes), T-mail me and we'll get together.

Ron/71PR, the smart alec

Just got through reading this thread

Dec 5, 2018, 11:00 AM

You and I are extremely fortunate to have so much support from Tiger Nation and Tiger Net. These are the finest people you could ever ask for, and they mean what they say.

BTW, my NSCLC is my third different cancer since 2001. If this old f a r t can beat it, so can you, being 42 years younger an a whole lot better looking....

my best friend

Dec 5, 2018, 1:27 PM

had that same type of cancer. He was 20. He's been cancer free for almost 15 years now! Prayers to you and keep kicking Cancer's Azzz

Dec 5, 2018, 3:23 PM

Never, ever, ever, give up - keep fighting. You will beat this. You will be in our prayers.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:20 PM

Keep going and fight the fight! Praying for you!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic