Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had lunch Friday with an Alabama couple, (Long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,832

Had lunch Friday with an Alabama couple, (Long)

Mar 31, 2019, 1:19 PM

asking them about their experiences of out of state tuition with their kids. I’ve known them since 93’ and they’re a wonderful family. They have two daughters and both daughters graduated from bama(2nd one in May).

Interestingly enough, the oldest came down to bama and....Clemson. She chose bama because she was going on the ski team and bama had a top water ski team in the country. As a freshman she broke her leg and her career ended.

She applied for an internship on Nicky’s staff with 1,500 other kids for 2 spots. She got it, and now works for the school as a liaison between the school and donors who give over $100,000 a year. The school flies her all over the US mtg these people. It’s incredible, I remember literally throwing her across the room to my brother when she was two. She loved it.

They are diehard bama people obviously but are incredibly impressed with Clemson, the campus and the culture of the program. And they are not shy about saying there’s two programs and everyone else.

After hearing some inside stories of how things are done there, it’s no surprise how they’ve had the success they’ve enjoyed. Like them or not, most bama fans I’ve run across who aren’t drunk are very complimentary of Clemson and the program. Just thought I’d share

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my experience is similar

Mar 31, 2019, 1:26 PM

Bama fans are congratulatory...bama coots are coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had lunch Friday with an Alabama couple, (Long)

Mar 31, 2019, 2:34 PM

Good post. Interesting read. Bama fans have had a great ride, and they are formidable competitors. And the fans you describe sound first class.

And Nick Saban will be 68 yrs old on 10/31. This means the hair dye , fitness and plastic surgery can keep him in the game at least 4-5 more years if he can mentally maintain. Saban is not "old man" Paterno or "out of shape" Bowden. He stays as young as he can, and he stays laser focused on winning. This does not mean the talking will not start soon. The rumors and messages from rival programs, especially Auburn and LSU, true or false, that will underscore Coach Nick Saban has slipped and/or is planning retirement.

The only resolution is to win. And Nick knows how to win. But Dabo, Deshaun, BV, Power Rangers and now TL, and many Clemson skill players are proving to be a challenge. So did the Bama fans mention anything about Saban's age or Dabo being a potential Saban replacement? This dynamic is the next sound bite of college football right after can Clemson win another. Thanks for insights and go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had lunch Friday with an Alabama couple, (Long)

Mar 31, 2019, 4:25 PM

Yes, they are going to make a run at Dabo. But they don’t know what he’s going to do contrary to what the uofsuck would have you believe.

The thinking in Tuscaloosa is 4-6 more years for lil’ Nicky

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,832
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic