Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a fun spat with a coworker today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,345

Had a fun spat with a coworker today

May 24, 2019, 3:34 PM

He says without Lawrence we're MAYBE a top 10 team.

So the obvious response I had was were we maybe a top 10 team the year before without Lawrence and our skill guys are leaps and bounds better now then they were in 2017... He stuck by what he said without anything to back it up after I said I honestly believe we would be able to compete for a title and win without Lawrence but with him we're obviously much better.

What would you rank Clemson without Lawrence this year? Playoffs still? Title game with a good chance of winning? Or do you think we would miss the playoffs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a fun spat with a coworker today

May 24, 2019, 4:08 PM

Chances are, if we didn't have Lawrence, we'd be going into the season with Hunter Johnson as our QB with two years in the system under his belt. I think we would still be pretty good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

May 24, 2019, 5:19 PM

I mean with our roster exactly as it is right now.

I would have said

May 24, 2019, 4:15 PM

"Without a fluky ACC championship in a season 50 years ago in which you lost a handful of games, you would be without argument the worst Power 5 program in history"

How can you possibly project what we would look like without the starting QB that won us a championship last year and is 100% available for this year? Sounds like a stupid argument to have.

If they didn't have their best player (who is that, by the way), they would be an even bigger doormat.

If we lost TL to injury tomorrow, we would probably slide outside the top 5, to maybe 7 or 8. I think it is impossible to say where we would be ranked if he had never enrolled at Clemson. Would we still be coming off a national championship?

Unanswerable question, kind of like "what would my kids look like if I had married someone else?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have said

May 24, 2019, 4:39 PM

You should have asked him that with that logic, if we had had Lawrence in 2017, would we be on a 3pete natty run?

Re: I would have said

May 24, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to I would have said ]

I respectfully disagree with you.CB is better than most will
believe but I think that if TL went down(hope he doesn't) I
believe that Chase could keep us in the Chase, no pun intended.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t see where we disagree

May 24, 2019, 5:44 PM

I think we would still be a major factor even without TL. My point was that today, we have TL. If we suddenly LOST him, it is inevitable that we would take a hit in the polls, and we would not be the same team. Close, but not the same.

The so-called experts would see a much bigger impact than I would, but there would be an impact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 4:26 PM

Is this a bama fan?

sounds like a bama fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And what if we lost not only TL but

May 24, 2019, 4:44 PM

a cornerback and a starting WR while every other team in the ACC lost one DL and a RB while in the SEC they all lost both safeties and their TE? And if the SEC played their games in the snow while the Big 10 deals with record heat. And the fans for all teams simultaneously get laryngitis? What then? Would Clemson drop out of the top 25 while USuc moves up to the top 10? SMH Silly chicken playing silly games.

^^Happy Hour came early!

May 24, 2019, 5:26 PM

Well done!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,345
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic