Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame Scouting...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,704

Notre Dame Scouting...

Dec 27, 2018, 10:34 PM

So after watching some film on some of their games, I think we are in pretty good shape here.

Defensively
They run a lot of 2 deep safety and will blitz one a lot...especially on obvious run plays. Their DL is a little undersized and depends on their speed to gain an adanvatage around the edge. LBs are physical and kind of undersized as well...The corners are just not very good at press coverage. You will see teams like Pitt, VT, and USC just eat them with slants...I like our chances on the outside here with Higgins especially on that skinny post we like to run in particular. They aren’t very good at stopping the run although they are very disciplined....ET should have some success.

Offensively.
Books is a pretty good QB...not gonna lie. He’s very quick in the pocket and has a decent arm...His decision making is where we are going to need to exploit. When pressured he tends to do too much and force throws into odd coverages. The OL, liKe their DL is undersized but are very very physical. We can get pressure on Books between the tackles but containment will need to be key as he is good at buying time. I love our matchup with our LBs here...they could have a field day given the right scheme.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Great analysis...

Dec 27, 2018, 10:40 PM

but does Brian Kelly give the Irish a strategic advantage?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great analysis...

Dec 27, 2018, 10:44 PM

I don’t think so...No bigger advantage then what BV gives us. Our defensive is just much more physical and athletic then what they have offensively...If this were the 15’ team ND team with Kizer, Prosise, and all those #### good receivers like Fuller, then maybe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

LOL.***

Dec 27, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Great analysis... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

..... pssssst..... hey, ash4trek! ..... don’t say anything

Dec 28, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Great analysis... ]

to jsebe, but, you WERE kidding, right?

I mean, just between us girls....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,704
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic