Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta ask
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Gotta ask

Dec 31, 2017, 10:38 PM

I’m as happy as anyone about our success. We are in a good spot. BUT...I’ve read some posts on this site that question the recruiting success of programs that “came out of nowhere”. As much as I hate to admit it, Clemson was an “Ole Miss” Type program not too long ago, but then started recruiting well. What separates Us from the rest? Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What separates us from the rest? Dabo!***

Dec 31, 2017, 10:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they say there’s no such thing as a stupid...

Dec 31, 2017, 10:49 PM

... or wait, are you just trolling?

Seriously, Dabo has been bettering this program since taking over. Our success hasn’t been overnight - or out of nowhere.

I truly dislike when someone calls another poster a coot. And I REALLY hate when they call ME a coot. But my friend, you certainly have set yourself up for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Really?

Dec 31, 2017, 10:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really?

Dec 31, 2017, 11:36 PM

Homey don't play that!!

Re: Gotta ask

Dec 31, 2017, 10:54 PM

Extremely low Coaching turnover. Excellent production from players. We’re either getting fantastic Coaching or the “recruiting experts” have been way wrong about who is and who isn’t good. I suspect there is good bit of both of those things.

What makes Clemson special? Something in those hills. DUH!

Dec 31, 2017, 10:55 PM

Ask any Clemson student or graduate what makes Clemson so special.
Great campus.
Great college town.
Good academics.
And now we have Dabo who understands what makes Clemson special, and he embraces it and he has created an amazing culture in the football program.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Ole Miss" ? Pleeeeeeeese!

Dec 31, 2017, 10:56 PM

RUFKM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell coot***

Dec 31, 2017, 10:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2017, 10:59 PM

That was a lousy comment that infers cheating.

Dec 31, 2017, 11:00 PM

Hey man,

I’m not quite sure of the question/allegation/comment/opinion that you actually asked or inferred, so, please allow me.

Explain what you mean when you say that it wasn’t too long ago that Clemson was like Ole Miss.....................................

I’ve been closely attached to the Clemson football, baseball and athletic development of all types since the mid-1960’s and I’ve NEVER seen Clemson College or University Athletics anywhere close to what has happened more than once at the University of Mississippi. There was a time that we committed to never being “outbid” by any other school, and we were sanctioned and penalized. Exactly what are you inferring?

Please enlighten me.

Jan 1, 2018, 12:34 AM

I think my question may be taken the wrong way. I was just pointing out that we have kind of come out of nowhere (relatively speaking). Lots of folks on this board throw accusations around when other programs start to have success. I was pointing out that, until Dabo, we were an “Ole Miss” (eg: insignificant program). Some of you “coots” may get upset with the question, but why? I’m just trying to get an honest explanation of why we should be viewed in a different light when we come out of “nowhere” (last few years) and start doing well. Just to set the record straight- I’ve never accused another program of cheating. I’m just curious why some folks do accuse others of cheating, when they come out of”nowhere”.

Sounds like a question a Butthurt Coot

Dec 31, 2017, 11:03 PM

On FGF would be posting!

You wouldn't be a Butthurt Coot?

Dec 31, 2017, 11:03 PM

> I’m as happy as anyone about our success. We are in
> a good spot. BUT...I’ve read some posts on this site
> that question the recruiting success of programs that
> “came out of nowhere”. As much as I hate to admit
> it, Clemson was an “Ole Miss” Type program not too
> long ago, but then started recruiting well. What
> separates Us from the rest? Go Tigers!!

What a dootsh bag you are! Put the bottle down and go to bed. It’ll all be clearer tomorrow afternoon or evening for you.

Dec 31, 2017, 11:11 PM

Coot mentallity in your case!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Owning coots.***

Dec 31, 2017, 11:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 31, 2017, 11:23 PM

really ? wow - might just be most ridiculous/clueless post of 2017, but you have a little time to try to top it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was Clemson ever an Ole Miss type

Dec 31, 2017, 11:43 PM

Program? Ole Miss was over ranked at one time & by the end of the season exposed to be average. Clemson has been steadily gaining ground & proving its legitimacy with consistency over teams like LSU, Ohio St, Florida St, Oklahoma, etc... Ole Missy’s only claim to fame was their fluke win over Alabama & they needed 5 Alabama turnovers to beat them. What an insult to compare Clemson to that trash heap!

All the coots want to ask about Dabo's overnight success

Jan 1, 2018, 12:16 AM

in recruiting. They forget Dabo was recruiting for Clemson for 8 or 9 years prior to being named head coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is only one answer and it is true EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Jan 1, 2018, 12:40 AM

It starts with a head coach. Look back on any program that turns the corner or returns to greatness. It starts with a coach...

I think you're a little off base here... Clemson didn't go

Jan 1, 2018, 11:30 AM

from like the #64 recruiting class year to #1 the next like Ole Miss.

Re: I think you're a little off base here... Clemson didn't go

Jan 1, 2018, 11:57 AM

We have a coach that has won 10+ games 7 years in a row. Only other team is Alabama that has done that. Consistent staff and recruiting, building a unique culture (really a counter culture, unlike most schools) have not exactly been accomplished overnight!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Failed attempt at subtle troll...

Jan 1, 2018, 12:07 PM

Can spot you coots a mile away. You must be getting PO'ed at the amount of Tiger trolls on FGF. Now, I don't condone a lot of it, but FGF HAS turned into another Clemson site...so hard to blame them.

If you really have to ask what makes us different, then you're either new to Clemson, or completely oblivious by being unintelligent or trolling.

I'm not going to answer such an obvious question to us fans...we shouldn't have to.

We were having recruiting success under Bowden

Jan 1, 2018, 12:24 PM

One of the reasons he was fired was talent not translating into championships.
The narrative that we all of a sudden just started recruiting good players is something Scar fans made up to make themselves feel better by accusing us of cheating.
Davis, Spiller, Bowers, Sapp, Corn, these are all a few names that were national recruits under Bowden.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic