Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Jul 24, 2017, 6:17 AM

Pretty much meh and I'm good with that.

Cut some grass, did a few things around the house but nothing too strenuous.

8/10 but still dat natty doe

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fun to quite fun

Jul 24, 2017, 7:01 AM

Fri - Phantogram and Tycho at Highland Brewing. Solid show.

Sat - Wife horsing around at Tryon Equestrian all day. Jumping under the lights at night.

Sun - Wife horsing around all day. Eat Moes BBQ then watch soccer all night.

7.77 / 10 wood dew agayn

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spent in PA with the in laws. Good overall.

Jul 24, 2017, 7:13 AM

Last non-running weekend before marathon training begins.

Went to Knoebels amusement park Friday - always fun.

Family reunion and post - reunion beers Saturday.

No pool because of rain.

Hard drive home yesterday.

Do it every summer. 9/10.

Dat Natty doh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which marathon are you going to train for? 18 weeks?***

Jul 24, 2017, 8:00 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Richmond. Nov.11. 16 weeks.***

Jul 24, 2017, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went by too fast

Jul 24, 2017, 7:23 AM

Friday - Cut grass, dinner, the to mom's for time in the pool
Saturday - Up at 5 a.m. to fish the Saluda River. Lost the big one but still caught a 3.5. Then to in-laws for lake time and grilled chicken.
Sunday - Church in the morning, worked around the house, took it easy.

Hot as f**k

Jul 24, 2017, 7:24 AM

Friday night took daughterof out for a daddy daughter date (NOT THAT KIND OF DATE STEVE!) at the YUM Creamery. Its one of those build your own ice cream place. It was pretty neat to watch but the guys had zero enthusiasm about their job. The place has them behind a glass wall on display so you can watch your ice cream magically come to fruition. I could have been the line that was 25 deep and only two guys making the ice cream. It took about 5 mins or so for each order to be made. I guess $7/hr isn't enough.

Saturday was National Hammock Day. In the heat of 100 degrees we decided to build a hammock stand for Sonof's Eno. It only took about an hr but I sweatergod I lost 10lbs in sweat. After that the kids went to a chitty pool bday party with their mom for their grandma turning 69 lutz and I went to the Flounder Fish Camp for fried err'ythang.

Sunday, skipped church b/c not a hypocrite, cooked babyback ribs on the BBQ crockpot all day. Took the kids to tube on the Greenr River, got home and added roasted red potatoes, corn on the cob, baked beans and rolls to the ribs and followed that up with a brownie and food coma.

Intense. Currently Tucker Israel'ing it out as I type

Jul 24, 2017, 7:29 AM

Dat Open doe.

Re: Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Jul 24, 2017, 7:35 AM

Sunday - overnight flight to london
monday - tired as shid from baby crying on flight. seriously jetlagged. walked down oxford street dragging my feet
tuesday - found a cool gin bar in london with hand crushed ice
wednesday - went to paris
thursday - walked around paris a lot. their crepes are amazing
friday - went to brussels for the night. their waffles are pretty good
saturday - went back to london
sunday - walked around london.
monday - walked around london
tuesday - flew back to the states
Saturday - replaced the other half of my privacy fence that was rotting out. The vines from the neighbors yard pretty much rotted the fence out by retaining moisture. Rightfully returned the cut up vines back to his yard
Sunday - ran errands

Jul 24, 2017, 2:23 PM

Next time, skip Brussels and go straight to Bruges.

Pretty good for a change.

Jul 24, 2017, 7:59 AM

Left work Friday and wife wanted to head to the big city of Clover, SC to do a meet and greet / book signing with York Comprehensive High School's most famous alumni NOT named Greenr. My kids got a book signed by Ivory Latta of the Washington Mystics and they got their picture with her as well as a signed frisbee. We are considering putting them on eBay to finance college, but we may hold on to them for retirement. Also, found out one of the dogs can actually catch a frisbee.

Saturday morning hit the gym and ran on a treadmill and watched some of Rogue One instead of running outside in the heat. Went to Nishie G's for Brunch and then to the grocery store for some weekly vittles. Everyone home for naps and to recharge. Left after naps for dinner at Showmar's and to the USNWC for an Acoustic Syndicate show. Place is super kid and dog friendly, although we did not take the dogs. Kids were a little crazy but had a great time (for the most part). It was their first concert and before we left, my 4 year old asked when we could go to another concert (same kid wants his next birthday party to be a Grateful Dead birthday party). Daughter got to feeling sick on the way home and she threw up once we got to the house. Pretty sure she just got overheated, but it scared me a little. She was fine after that and slept like a log.

Sunday morning woke up to go run with friends then said fuckit and went back to sleep. Got up for church and a trip for lunch at Salsarita's and back home for naps. Watched a nice storm blow through then went next door to my parents house and hung out a little. Had a chicken cooking in the crock pot but it wasn't quite finished, so we ordered pizza and saved the chicken for tonight. Watched the Reggae Boys free kick their way into the Gold Cup Finals over El Tri.

Wednesday night, USMNT vs. Jamaica for the Gold Cup, 9:30
Let's get some revenge for that 2015 Gold Cup loss.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Jul 24, 2017, 8:24 AM

Friday, Washed fire engines. Watched my cousin's band play at the park in town on Friday night. Watched the one-hit wonder Julie Roberts. She sucked. Drank too much.

Saturday, rode in officers compartment on the fire engine in the parade. Got scolded by the chief (i.e. my dad) for making too much racket. Apparently I ran the siren so much that little kids were crying and old people were complaining to town council members. Lutz.

Sat up at the festival area and worked golf cart patrol. People wanted free waters because they were hot. Lol no ####.

Hosted a party at the house, won $100 in a cornhole tournament, got drunk enough again that I've decided to take it easy for a while.

Sunday, went swimming and had a nice Hibachi meal at one of our favorite spots after cleaning up junk from the party.

7.5/10

Watermelon festival?***

Jul 24, 2017, 6:33 PM

10-4***

Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 AM

True story:

Jul 25, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Watermelon festival?*** ]

RH Tig came in second at the 1991 Watermelon Festival Seed Spitting Contest. Lost by a couple of feet to an enormously large filthy-looking dude wearing overalls, no shirt, and no shoes.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busy, not really, relaxing, hot, no dragons.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:40 AM

Friday dinner with my parents and then sipped Angels Envy for a little while before going to bed early.

Saturday up early and off to the in laws for a big day of moving heavy things. Moved giant dresser to my place from their place. Moved washer and dryer from their place to their other place. Moved the old washer and dryer from their other place to their place. Got home and went to the pool for a bit. Drank some beers, but the pool was hot and not quite as refreshing as I would have liked.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEKEND PROBABLY: Went to Swamp Rabbit Cafe and had their pizza. It was good, but their garlic parmesan pull apart bread was the real MVP. Imagine monkey bread, but instead of sugar and cinnamon it was garlic, parmesan, and a #### ton of butter and it came with their homemade marinara sauce. Do recommend.

Sunday slept in a little and then got up and started cleaning/organizing. We still had a small mountain of wedding presents that were just in our sunroom gathering dust. They all needed a permanent home so that we could reclaim the room. This involved a complete tear down and rebuild of the kitchen and several storage closets as well as many thorough discussions on where things should be and why. With one small break for lunch and another to go back to in law's place and move the washer again we cleaned and organized till 9pm. Cumulatively I would say close to 10 hours of cleaning and organizing. Luckily the wife started feeding me beers around noon to keep me happy, but our A/C struggles to keep up in these warmer months so it was sweaty work. More on that later. Finally started GoT about 9:50, no dragons, but some #### so that helped. Wife kept asking me questions I did not know the answers to though so she is not allowed to watch with me anymore.

5/10. Too much work in the heat.

ROH

Prettay...prettay.....prettay....

Jul 24, 2017, 8:42 AM

good.

Took Friday off and headed up to Clemson with Dad in the am to try to get to the IPF before they shut the doors at 1pm (something made up about needing the rest of the day/night to cool it off for the Ladies' Clinic starting at 7am). Dad managed to shoehorn all of his pen15s and stuff in his last-life crisis car he got a week ago, an Infiniti Q60. I averaged about 87mph on the way up when not stuck behind godawful traffic, but the traffic still made it a 3 hour trip on the nose.

Dad has a fran in Moncks Corner named "Huck", a 78 year old naval shipyard retiree who has been making knives for 35 years or so. He's made 10 or so knives from the stadium white oak, and a handful of oyster knives. He made a knife especially for Dabo, and his only request was to get a pic of Dabo with the knife if possible.

The LC organizer brought Kathleen Swinney by on Friday when we were setting up to show her the knife. She thought it was the coolest thing, and tried to get Dabo over that afternoon, but we never saw him in the IPF. I don't think that woman is crazy, like Gus Malzahn-wife crazy, but I do think the possibility exists that her purse is mostly filled with methamphetimine. She is a million mph. Always. Robbie Caldwell's wife and daughter stopped by and chatted with us for a half hour or so. That woman is a trip, and she ended up doing most of her Christmas shopping at our table. I know what the entire Caldwell family is opening on Christmas morning now. She had a bunch of stories about their time at NC State (had to do their own landscaping on campus, admin wouldn't replace the lights in the weightroom because too expensive, etc.), Auburn, and Vandy. Asked her if they were happy enough to stay for the rest of his career, and she said "if he doesn't drop dead on the sideline or get fired, we'll retire here." Kathleen and Nora Lynn spent $700, before the Clinic even opened up the next day. Went on buddy's boat on Hartwell for a few hours--was scorching hot, and the lake looked super-inviting, until we jumped in and realized it was a warm as piss. About 5' down, it was quite refreshing, but there's less available oxygen at that depth, I've found. Buddy's 12 year old daughter is a gymnast who can do a standing backflip, and she challenged me to a backflip contest. I stuck the landing. She stood on the edge of the boat and hemmed and hawed about hitting her head on the boat since she's used to jumping up and not out. I'm fortunate to not have that problem being a non-athlete who never pondered a standing backflip. She finally did it, and....hit her head on the boat. Scared her more than anything, nice little knot on the back of her head, and didn't hear the end of it for the rest of the weekend because we're a bunch of old men who talk shit to ANYBODY, including 12 year old girls. Dinner at Blue Heron was pretty friggin' good. That place was Niffer's that last time I was in it, if that tells you anything.

Got to IPF at 6:30am (woof). They opened the floodgates at 7:30 or so, and it was CHAOS for about 90 minutes. Dad sold more before 9am than he did the entire day last year. Just nuts. And they played the Clemson-USC game on the IPF big screen. Like...the whole, unedited game. Best Dabo quote of the day: "Everybody talks about us being 'defending national champions'. I don't want to hear that. We ain't defending nothin'. We're 'ATTACKING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS'."

Brad Scott stopped by, got to chat with him for a bit. I informed Dad that Brad is, or should be considered, the unheralded architect of our national championship. His connections in Florida, along with his prowess at gaming the camp/HS coach system over the last decade (all legally until the NCAA closed that loophole recently) is how we get the Sammy Watkins and Tony Stewards and the Stephone Anthonys. Dad gave him a pen in light of this discovery, and Brad was pretty psyched.

Dabo was too slammed to stop by and grab the knife during the day, but Kathleen and a handful of other folks got us up to his office after the even was over. He saw Dad and was like "you're the pen guy!" Made Dad's year.

Did dinner at Calhoun Corners that night, which is now tradition. Sent Dad home and barhopped a little with buddy. TD's and Backstreets looked like Clemson looks in the summer, maybe 15 people in each place. TTT looked like Clemson on a game weekend. Still have no idea how they do it, but it was packed. We were the creepy 40-somethings. No effs given.

9.5/10 weekend.

Some random pics:

This is supposed to show the tiger paw in the middle of the IPF so you can see where we were set up, but enjoy the accidental LBOD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iave Patthews Fand?***

Jul 24, 2017, 8:46 AM

Buddy of mine up here has 10 knives from Huck

Jul 24, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Prettay...prettay.....prettay.... ]

They are all awesome. I want one of his oyster knives as I feel I would use that more than all the others.

ROH

I like his knives ok, not blown away by them.

Jul 24, 2017, 9:17 AM

He doesn't forge, but that's pretty standard--people actually forging steel are few and far between. Quintin Middleton is working on my knife now. He's actually out there with a hammer and an anvil smashing high-carbon steel rods into blades.

He posted this pic a few days ago:

I'm almost 100% certain the handle is white oak from Clemson, but he hasn't confirmed it yet. I ordered the standard high-carbon blade, but I'm secretly hoping that he upgraded me to Damascus and this is actually my knife. Probably not, but hey.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw that knife on BuddyBook and got a raging boner

Jul 24, 2017, 9:21 AM

Now that I know it might be THE Clemson White Oak and one day 19B may hold this knife in his soft, supple hands, my boner will not go away.

If that's actually my knife (it probably isn't),

Jul 24, 2017, 9:25 AM

I'll make sure it finds its way to YOUR soft, supple hands as well.

I J.O. to his knives at least once a week*

Jul 24, 2017, 9:28 AM

*hour

That knife is beautiful.***

Jul 24, 2017, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I like his knives ok, not blown away by them. ]

ROH

Was great - Phish shows x3 and lots of heady beers

Jul 24, 2017, 8:44 AM

I am tired this morning, but will make it. Two more this Tuesday and Wednesday - and the same next week.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm looking at 2 tickets for 5 Phish shows in MSG

Jun 4, 2017, 10:51 PM

that Mumbette's son had purchased, along with a receipt for two plane tickets and an AirBnB in lower Manhattan that will never be used.

The odds were slight that I would ever be a Phish fan in any event, and are practically nonexistent now.

And its OK for their fans, I know they're loyal and not all are druggies, but the prevalence of drugs in their fans is just too hard for me to overlook, in the wake of Mumbette's son's passing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Re: Sheetrock work sucks....

Jul 24, 2017, 8:49 AM

Call me jaded, but t'hell with a trade that causes that much stress and pays that low.

Been on stilts all weekend, ankles hurt, and hand is cramped up from spreading sheetrock mud for 3 days.

I will be so glad when I finish this remodel!

Jul 24, 2017, 8:53 AM

Patience is key. Hope you're using the dust control pre-mix.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:57 AM

Yeah, I did spring for that this time. Learned that lesson with last bathroom. It was a much smaller project, as this one includes the whole master suite area. Hung 54 boards the last few weekends, and finally about ready to sand second coat and then skim coat.

Eff them stilts! My ankles are already bad. Feel like a #### driven in the side of my foot today!

Jul 24, 2017, 9:02 AM

54? Thats yuge? Sounds like a 2000sf master suite

Jul 24, 2017, 9:22 AM

nah, not that big. It's more like 1,100 with the bathroom and walk-in closet.

Just covered the ceilings with 3/8" over the old popcorn. Tried removing the pop corn crap in another room. Next to impossible after it's been painted. Much easier to just cover and finish new boards.

As much as I hate this sheetrock part, it was the plumbing that slowed it all down a lot. Slab house, digging up the concrete to move drains and supply lines, re-plumbing all new p-traps and valves.

Be so glad when this is done. My stubborn #### won't contract it out. Too fruggle with my money!

Jul 24, 2017, 8:55 AM

Friday - Left work at 2pm. Started boozing. Sent the kids to the in-laws and got shiit-hammered with the wife and the other t-ball coaches and their wives from this past season. Pre-gamed in the parking lot. Then to Mexican restaurant. Then to Krafty Draft.

Saturday - Slept 'til 11am. Wife's hot friend brought her kids over and they played in the pool. I rigged up a water slide for them. Ate Little Caesars. 90% sure that all three of my pigs are preggers. One is laying around and groaning. Should deliver this week.

Sunday - Ribs at the grandma-in-law's. Grocery shopped. Replaced busted radiator hose fitting on wife's POS van. Watched Platoon and the Simpsons movie. Made grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup.

Had ##### once.

8/10, wood dew again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

About as meh as it could have been.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:55 AM

Didn't get the job. So I'm still poors. Looks like I'll be living off Trumps teat. # unemployment.

Rash on under arms is still there. Slowly going away. Still burns like gonorrhea.

All I did this weekend was clean out my refrigerator, laundry, play video games, apply for jobs, and watch GOT and Iron Fist.

No sexy time, no golf, only drank 3 beers.

Fukg dis shat. Can't wait for football to be here.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Firm and stable in shape, not liquid or fluid.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:56 AM

Friday, Mrs. and I took RH Mom and Joonyer and his girlfriend out to eat at a restaurant owned by some good friends of ours. Food was excellent (as always), got the VIP treatment from owners (as always). Went home and drank Puff, Jai Alai, and crashed. Find out the next morning that the restaurant was smash and grab burglarized over night. Hard to believe considering where it's located, but people are brazen these days.

Saturday, long stroll around the estate with pup early because I knew it was going to be H O T, then chores around the house. Then, chores at RH Mom's. Took off to look for a new pair of shoes for work, then came home to get Mrs. Tig to go to the Whitewater Center and see Acoustic Syndicate. She wasn't feeling it, and quickly acquiesced to her desire not to go because heat was brutal. Decided to go to Full Spectrum Brewery in Fort Mil instead. GREAT little taproom, the staff there is pretty cool, had a nice long chat about beer and breweries with the brewmaster. Most of their beers are good, but not great, with the exception of their Carolina Reaper Amber Roast Ale. Freaking fantastically complex beer using ingredients sourced in Fort Mill, and the reaper burn is strong but controlled enough not to be overpowering. Took a sixer home with me. Definitely not a beer you'll drink more than a pint of at a sitting, but impressive nonetheless. Left the taproom and went to Papa Murphys for a pizza, went home and watched Serenity on TV, crashed.

Sunday, got up and spent the morninglooking for new bands to listen to, did some housecleaning of music files on the external drive (or, The Bible, as I call it) then did a few house chores until grocery store time. Made grocery run, thought I had he11ish thunder storm beat but got dumped on by monsoon rains as I pulled up in the driveway and took groceries in with the umbrella. Rained about 30 minutes, and quit just in time to load up the bass and go to band practice. Played for about 2 hours, went home and ate falafel with sour cream cucumber sauce, and couscous. Praise Allah. Cleaned up kitchen, spent the rest of the night converting some .FLAC files to mp3 so I can play them in the car. Then, crashed.

After the final tally, the weekend scored a very respectable 9.8/10, deduction for the brutal heat. Although, it's wasn't really the heat...it was the humidity. As us Sandlappers are wont to say.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busy and a job left incomplete

Friday - Daughterof- had a sleep over at a friend's and a gaggle of 10 year olds watched the premeire of Descendants 2. Better their place than mine. Sonof- stayed home but we somehow also managed to watch same show. WTFF.

Saturday - Sat and stared at my running shoes for about a half hour before deciding it wasn't going to happen. Wifeof- went to get her hair did, I started putting in the new head unit and back-up camera on the 2005 Pilot that I inherited when we traded the Focus for her new car. Install went OK. Put a wireless transmitter/receiver for the camera, all worked OK.

Sunday - Church, Target, stop to get dog food. Back-up camera stops working. Open up dash and find the video receiver (which is wired in the "always hot" feeder line to the radio) is hot to the touch and won't power on. Bah. Read a little on line, it's a problem with that unit. Pull the receiver out then spend the rest of the day running a composite video line through the car up to the dash. Stock cable sent with the camera is 20 feet. Ends up I need 23 feet. Cable is ordered.

Ended the night with Big Brother and GoT. Seems like there's another badass that's been brought into the fray. Over under on episodes until that character dies? I'd say 2 1/2.

Message was edited by: jroberts®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

That character is supposed to be more ruthless than

Jul 24, 2017, 9:02 AM

Joffery or Ramsey. But I think in a different kind of way. More like a loose cannon, shoot 1st ask questions later.

A little meh

but got my Excursion running again, and that makes me be like

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic.

Jul 24, 2017, 8:59 AM

Im lying. I have continued my working every waking hour trend the past month or so. Last weekend took a little time off at Mclubs, this weekend took a little time of Sunday to rest... the end.

Work to live, don't live to work.

Jul 24, 2017, 9:07 AM

Sage advice my old man told me years ago who I consider the hardest working dude I know...but he always makes time to do what he enjoys.

This is just a busy time.***

Jul 24, 2017, 2:26 PM

Really meh

Jul 24, 2017, 9:16 AM

Oldest breaks scapula for the second time in two months and I realize I consume weigh too alcohol.

too little or too much***

Jul 24, 2017, 11:24 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Jul 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

Yay! Turns out to be a deep bruise.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Really meh ]

A break that it's not a break.

Weekend improved.

Jul 24, 2017, 9:34 AM

Friday - cookout with some beers consumed. Lots of playing outside and pool time with kiddo.

Saturday - go to pool, eath lunch and then fly to Greenville to see my parents. Get to Greenville late, meet up with a Jounger and get HAMMERS.

Sunday - wake up and go spend the day with my parents/family. Luckily I didn't have too bad of hangover.

Monday - flying back home.

1/10 would do my weekend again. Moms days are limited. Tough to see.

(10/10 on the 3-4 hours of drinking with jounger. Good times)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2017, 10:01 AM

Friday - drove to MB and sat on beach drinking beer with friends

Saturday - watched the Open, worked out, sat on beach drink more beer with friends, dinner with same friends

Sunday - watched the Open, helped son with flipper home, dinner, drove back to Cola.

10/10!

Attended the AIC. Cured wife's hiccups. 9/10***

Jul 24, 2017, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

entertaining

Jul 24, 2017, 10:45 AM

went to pool on friday for beers and swimmings

saturday up early for Princess and Pizza at Mellow Mushroom. Saw Belle, 2 yr old was thrilled.
Mowed grass, cleaned some garage stuff out, Riverdogs by night

Sunday dodged princess party, vacuumed, cleaned kitchen, did laundry, ate sushi, napped. dinner party at neighbors house

a lot of live streaming of phish intermixed in there as well.

fluff be like

Jul 24, 2017, 11:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKOK2MhGVk

Continued to bleed money

Jul 24, 2017, 11:01 AM

Had to buy a new stove, second cheapest flat top was still $500. Died a little inside from that. Put the boat in, realized my shifting problem is getting worse. Once it's in gear, it's fine, so that just means pee breaks have to be taken while still moving. Kind of exhilarating, makes you fee like a pirate. Anyway, I'm sure that won't be a cheap repair. All of this comes on the heels of major service on truck last week.

Any of you thinking about getting married and have to fund the wedding, just take my advice and don't do it. The amount of money spent for a 3-4 hour event isn't worth it, and will continue to bite you in the asss well after it's over.

Oh, also discovered aFrontier on Netflix. Pretty awesome so far, kind of reminds me of Black Sails a little bit. 9/10 will continue watching because we can't afford to go out and do anything else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Continued to bleed money

Jul 24, 2017, 11:13 AM

I can save you lots of money on the divorce. Let me know!

I can't bisch too much, kind of got to have a stove/oven

Jul 24, 2017, 11:17 AM

I don't think I'll ever get over spending that much money on the wedding, though. 30 years from now I'll still be pissed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck with your cast iron skillet cooking goals in 2017***

Jul 24, 2017, 11:23 AM

Re: Continued to bleed money

Jul 24, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Continued to bleed money ]

This may have already been hashed out, but is it the shift interruptor switch? You have a Merc outdrive? Or OMC. Doesn't really matter which one. You can adjust the neutral cutoff too.

I may be late to the party here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mercruiser Bravo 3 outdrive

Jul 24, 2017, 11:20 AM

It'll go ever so slightly when I put it into gear, but takes a few seconds to really catch, if you get what I'm saying. Not to point any fingers here, but someone left it in gear twice when helping me put it on the trailer, and the problem started right after the second time. I'm thinking it's a bent shifter foot. Once it catches, it's fine, no slipping or anything, so I don't think it's an issue with the cone clutch.

Could be a cable adjustment.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:42 PM

Or the cable may have stretched and is getting ready to break.

That would probably be cheaper than a bent shift rod.

I'll check this out new netflix out this week.

Jul 24, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Continued to bleed money ]

I have heard they WILL be doing a Treasure Island at some point.

reached 50% point in garage cleanout so 5/10

Jul 24, 2017, 11:22 AM

to dang hot to work

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Long and hard

Jul 24, 2017, 11:22 AM

Since it started last Tuesday and made it allaway to Mexico. Well, Gulf of anyway. Mexico Beach on the panhandle was a first for me.

Picked up sweetthang way down in gawga and continued South on Wednesday. Saw St. Jo Bay and Cape San Blas from the water on Thursday. Ate our way from Appalachacola back to Mexico Beach. Best seafood tour evah. Had cobia taco at Killer Seafood and came back again for softshell crabs before we left.

The hard part was the drive and my dink (but not for long). Put 1200 miles on new truck. Guess I'll keep it. Gas mileage drops considerably running on interstate. Oh well, need it to pull new boat getting this weekend. Retirement pushed back few years!
9.8/10 must do again. Only docked points because no necked women on boat.

bertday weekend was excellent...

Jul 24, 2017, 11:33 AM

Got back from NYC Friday after helping make golf great again at trumps ferry point. Took wife and daughter of (no evidence) for Mexican. The switch was ON, so a great night for the bull.

Saturday once the lazy teens got moving we grabbed breakfast out then got crispy on the lake. Went to Epic Chophouse for 48th bday dinner. The switch was ON again. Another good night for the bull.

Sunday played gold from 10-2:15. Hotter than hayull, but managed to play the last 5 holes like Spieth and finished with a decent round.

Watched the open, went for burgers, had cake, then zonked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not bad.

Jul 24, 2017, 11:58 AM

Friday - went to the Brea Improv and saw Chris Titus. His show is great.

Saturday - Went to the Angels vs. Red Sox Game as a company outing. Game was fun overall.

Sunday - Went bowling with the gf and her family friends. Bowled for ####. went to dinner at downtown disney afterwards. Dinner was a ###########. 6/10.

Met up with hammers and got hammered.***

Jul 24, 2017, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, thanks for asking***

Jul 24, 2017, 12:08 PM

Jul 24, 2017, 1:26 PM

Quite fine, actually.

I installed the AC condenser, radiator, WP pulley and fan on the diesel. I also installed the engine shocks and alternator w/wiring and PS pump w/belts. I added six quarts of rotella oil and adjusted the solid lifters. I put the vac hoses on where they belong. I'll be finished with the engine bay this week.

I also started a precedence diagram (in my head) for the interior work including dash installation, new leather seat skins from Gahh, refinishing the door panels, refinishing the wood trim and cleaning the headliner and carpet. Oh yeah, I have a new left front door and have to change it before I install the dash. Thanks for reminding me.

Good weekend and you had one as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic