Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 762

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 22, 2019, 7:53 AM

Friday night, chilled at home getting to rest up for Saturday.

Saturday up bright and early to meet up with the RH and fam. Still left 30 minutes late for the Macon adventure. Went to the Allman Brother Band Museum in a house the band lived in from 71-73 I think it was. Amazing how much stuff somebody held on to over the years. Old contracts, rent checks, roadie credentials...just all sorts of stuff. Of course, Duane's gold top Les Paul was there. After a bit to eat we were off Rose Hill cemetery to pay respects. A quick stop at the Macon Beer Company, then off to the Macon Bacon game for Allman Brothers night. 90 year old stadium, seats made for 125 pound people, but a lot of great music in between pitches. Then we saw Allman Brothers tribute band End of the Line. They were excellent.

Sunday breakfast at H&H to complete the festivities, then drove home to be lazy. The grass still awaits today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonderful. Hot. Lazy

Jul 22, 2019, 7:58 AM

in that order.

Did some grilling Saturday. Set up a rack of ribs right around 2. Slow cook and pulled off around 6pm. Tater salad and green beans......shiiiiiiit. I'm good.

That highlights it all. Some little cleaning and laundry to fill in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 22, 2019, 8:00 AM

Friday - bought kid of a 2008 RAV4.

Sattidy - meh

Sunday - Watched the Open, grilled steaks later

Pretty boring weekend...

3/10 (+1 for good Malbec last night)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Allsome WEnd and to be responding to this again!

Jul 22, 2019, 8:06 AM

Steaks by Keowee Fri nite, good but expensive growler beer ;)
Boating Saturday morning, tested out buddies new boat lift; lunch outside at Lighthouse
Esso, then Blue Heron (once more before they tear it down) Sat nite
More drinks back at lake house, hammers....
Nice ride around campus Sunday....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so bad

Jul 22, 2019, 8:08 AM

Fri - Went to dinner at Creekside BBQ with family

Sat - Fished Keowee in the morning to practice for upcuming tournament. Met fam at wife's parents' house for "family reunion" with a total of 15 people.

Sun - Went to church in the morning, loaded up the boat and drove way up to Keowee for a friends get together. Kids played in lake, I caught a smallmouth. Good times.

Good

Jul 22, 2019, 8:12 AM

Friday: Took care of the yard stuff and prepared some food for Saturday.

Saturday: Went to the God-Daughter's bachelorette party. What should have been a five minute walk home seemed to take an hour. Maybe Maria and I were abducted by aliens or maybe we were just FUBAR.

Sunday: I did some wash and not much else. Maria went shopping with the SIL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Played golf, won a LOT o' $ gamblin' on golf(The Open),

Jul 22, 2019, 8:19 AM

and even won $ draft kingin' on neckar

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 22, 2019, 8:27 AM

Friday: stayed home.

Saturday: went on a walk, watched The Open, met my daughter and SIL for late lunch at 1801 Grille down by the Colonial Life Center. Will not do again. Quiet night with the wife.

Sunday: watched The Open. Boring!!! Took nap. Early to bed.

Friday night, went up to lake. Saturday drank beer only

Jul 22, 2019, 8:34 AM

Swam. Kids water skied, hydroslid, and tubed. Cooked supper Satdiddy night. Mainly leftovers from everyone else's week at the lake. Was ok. Sunday woke up cleaned the place up and left. Got back home and unpacked. When kids left for church in the evening, wife of and I did a Chinese fire drill and swapped two bedrooms in the house. Broke down a king and double bed. Moved one room into my office, another into the empty room, then all the stuff from my office back to the other room. Assembled and made beda, only rearranged the furniture 4 times for wife to make sure she liked it. Anyway, kids got back from church before over and it was pandemonium for the last hour. Took long hawt shower and went to bed.

Oh, broke my toe, again. Dresser ran over it. Otherwise hurting this AM. I'm too old for this ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweaty

Jul 22, 2019, 8:36 AM

Looking forward to the cool down this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Tasty

Jul 22, 2019, 8:45 AM

Fri - the usual, running errands and such, a little karaoke that night

Sat - pretty lazy. Stomach was jacked up, didn't want to wander too far from a bathroom. Felt better mid-afternoon. Wife wanted to do date night, so gutted it out and ate at Malia's downtown Aiken. Delicious as always.

Sun - pretty lazy. Celebrated some good family news in the evening by eating at Casa Bella. Chicken parm was delicious, and have leftovers for lunch today.

Tasty, but evidently pretty lazy and fat. 9/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Jul 22, 2019, 8:53 AM

Wednesday was more physical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 8:55 AM
DSC08956.jpg(135.5 K)

I can't recall Friday at all.

Saturday started our last weekend of sailing camp so we were up at the asscrack of dawn to get to Hartwell by 830AM. I wandered around camp taking pics then hung up my eno in the shade and relaxed. Got home to a house with no food so I dropped daughterof off with her mommer n em to visit and I picked up some groceries. Got real lazy b/c longass hotass day at the lake. I snapped this creeper pic of this couple at the lake. I think she found her lighter or at least his gf's lighter

Sunday was our final day of sailing camp. As usual up before the rooster to hit Hartwell. Had a picnic lunch with the fam on the shore while the kids sailed. Dad took his boat out to watch but I stayed behind as I had to set up my 1st ever gig with the photobooth. The camp has a ice cream social every year to close down, parents show up, and kids get "at a boys". We got tons of compliments on hand out a few business cards. Its pretty amazing to hear people tell us how this would be a hit at their (insert annual event) where they work. I like that b/c they haven't thought of this before. Like Meet the teacher day, or alumni events etc. I think these booths have been thought of as just a wedding reception sideshow. I spoke to a lady at Clemson this weekend who wants to put us in touch with some folks that put on events at Clemson such as the Ladies Clinic, next year obviously.

After we closed up shop we headed home and I as in bed before 8. /weekend

Fair to middlin'.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:06 AM

Friday: boy's 11th (how the shit did THAT happen?), so I skipped going up to Clemson with Dad for Ladies' Clinic for the first time in 3 years. Went bowling, had dranks, went home, had ice cream cake and more dranks, played some cornhole with frans.

Saturday: pool party at frans' house designed to wear kids out. 9 kids in pool for 4 hours. Got them out at 6:30, dried them off, put them in clothes, and put a movie on. They remained docile for hours. It was amazing. Had dranks to celebrate the docility.

Sunday: drove to Cola to see my only older cousin (and only male cousin out of like 9 of them) who was in from North Dakota with his fam. Learned that the Fighting Sioux are no longer the Fighting Sioux, they're the Fighting Hawks, and this happened like 4 years ago, so shows how much I've been paying attention. Kids swam for hours again. 6 year old daredevil decided she was going to learn to dive, so she did. Was diving off the board through life preserver floaty in no time. Drove home, traffic MUCH better on the way back.

8.2/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Freaking Amazing

Jul 22, 2019, 9:09 AM

Friday - Pirates vs. Phillies game. Baller seats and free booze and food. Went to a tiny dive bar afterwards and didnt hit the sack till 4am.

Saturday - fly home, go to pool with kids, naps, pool again with kids. Pizza dinner.

Sunday - flag football, son scored his first touchdown!, church, naps, grilled out and played football in the back yard.

Beer everyday and liquor everyday. Still feel good this morning.

12/10 - cause my son outran all the other kids, scored and just laid down the ball. He is almost 5 but out ran the solid 5 year olds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiring

Jul 22, 2019, 9:33 AM

Friday: Got drunk after work at the bar with a few coworkers. Had leftovers for dinner. Shrimp and rice bowls.

Saturday: Started building shelves for the linen closet in the renovated master bath. Got the wood and various other materials at the local box store, cut to length, sanded and primed. Had Moes for dinner as Red was out of town until late and she just picked it up when she got home. My small fan in the shed did very little to combat the heat.

Sunday: Assembled shelving with some kreg screws and wood glue. Installed in the linen closet after painting all the cleating and shelving. Had grilled chicken salad for dinner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

E P I C

Jul 22, 2019, 9:44 AM

Thursday, Thirsty Beaver to see Stevie Tombstone, but he had van trouble and cancelled. Drank a few beers and chatted with a guy that was at a bunch of shows I was at back in the day at the Milestone, Double Door, and other long-gone Charlotte venues. Mrs. Tig had to drag me away from that conversation, LOL.

Friday, off to Greenville to taste test Smoke On The Water as Joonyer's wedding caterer. The owner and catering manager were awesome, sat and chatted with us through the whole thing, brough enough food out to be Thanksgiving for a large family. EXCELLENT food, EXCELLENT people. They'll get the gig for next June. Left Greenville and trekked through the back roads to Macon. It was storming when we got there so Robert Lee Coleman show on the rooftop at Amici was cancelled. Went there and had a snack and beers, then downtown to Ocmulgee Brewing, then back to hotel.

Saturday, aerozeptallica covered pretty well. Big House Museum, Rose Hill Cemetery, Macon Brewing Company, Macon Bacon baseball game, End of the Line concert after the game....LONG day but HUGE fun.

Sunday, brunch at H&H Soul Food, everybody went separate ways so Mrs. and I went to find the Otis Redding statue, then to Augusta to find James Brown statue. Finally got home around 6:30 and only left the Big Chair to pee the rest of the night. Watched Fear The Walking Dead then crashed.

Work computer got hacked over the weekend so I'm busy doing all the clean up of getting no corporate network e-mail since Thursday night, so my morning has been a little busy, but the memory of Allman Brothers Weekend will carry me through.

11/10 plus 7. Would do again, because Macon is actually a pretty cool town.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Escaped the heat (and the kids) to the mountains

Jul 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

Wife and I had annual "Love weekend" (I doget it more than once a year dangit)

Went to Bryson City to a nice riverside campground. I think I could live up there and be a dirty hippie if I had to.

spent quality time at Nantahala Brewing Co

Hiked deep creek waterfalls.

Shopped downtown.

Skipped out on the moonshine train ride we had planned.

spent more time at Nantahala Brewing

Went over to Franklin to a little craft art festival.

Found a nice bar and had awesome lunch and more beer.

grilled out, built fires, listened to river, enjoyed quality peace and quiet with wife.

Also listened to the rain on the roof of the RV and played nekkid adult games.

10/10 wood due again.

Sunday, came back to the suffocating heat that is SC

Busy Busy Busy

Jul 22, 2019, 9:48 AM

Friday
Left work early, cleaned and primed my Lawn Jockey. Sharted my pants when I picked up the Lawn Jockey after downing some Popeye's chicken. Changed the hydraulic hoses on the excavator. GOT MY TRUCK RUNNING for the first time in 3 months. Changed the PCM/ECU.

Saturday
Took daughter to Waffle House, painted my Lawn Jockey to look like Trevor Lawrence... Next think is to cut some of SarahAdidas's hair and add it to the Lawn Jockey. I'm just glad our star player isn't black. I'm not sure how that would go over as a Lawn Jockey. Took family to Mexican restaurant and got drunk.

Sunday
Went to go use the excavator to do some cleaning up around the place. Major oil leak from the oil pan seal caused me to pull the engine, remove the oil pan, and reseal. All 22 bolts were rounded off and had to be fought out. Took all damnnnn day. Had to pull the engine, remove the pump, coupling, flywheel, etc. Nearly tore the entire engine down. Luckily my help showed up during the final hour of work..... Then I cut grass and washed the Mustang.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Ongoing.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:48 AM

Maybe this is the first signs of middle aged onset alcoholism, I don't know. Maybe I just don't give a #### about my job anymore because I don't think I've done this since my early 20's. I work from home, and am calling in sick because I can't function. I desperately need sleep, and will get some as soon as this conference call I'm on is over.I'm still drunk, and have been since yesterday afternoon.

I stayed out all night until lat night until i got kicked out of the bar when they closed. I watched a band starting around 4 and then later ended up talking to the lead singer about the motivation for all their songs. After that, apparently I came home and attempted to cook a lean cuisine. The next thing I remember was feeling up my wife, then passing out. I woke up about 20 minutes ago, still drunk and with a headache.

i'm going back to bed.

Oh yeah--Friday sat on the couch and went out on the boat Saturday.

You seemed fine when we were chatting around 6:30.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:22 AM

I guess it went downhill from there, LOL.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAY downhill

Jul 22, 2019, 1:56 PM

I'm still sobering up. That's like almost 24 hours ago.

I walked outside a few minutes ago and thought someone had stolen my truck--it wasn't in the driveway. I had forgotten I drove it down there, and walked back home.

Pretty fair.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:15 AM

Friday, found out gender of twins. Saturday, told lilmissgrouching she was gonna be a big sister to two boys. Disbelief, disappoint, and excitement all flew through her eyes 400 times in .3 nanoseconds, thought her head was going spin off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucked. APM is not meant for bachelor life.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:43 AM

The Bible is right - it is not good for man to be alone.

DEM NATTIES DOH!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Costco Sunday Morn

Jul 22, 2019, 12:04 PM

Lotta "potential" there on a Sunday morn.

How was your weekend?

Jul 22, 2019, 12:57 PM

Well pretty quiet. Thanks for asking.

Friday. Wife and I celebrated 38 years together.

Saturday. Grass grew. Went through round and round with new phone. Found out it will not work on Verizon network. Put new battery in old phone. Now old phone no longer cutting off and on. Saturday night made lasagna.

Sunday. Grass grew more. Waited for buddy to come help me fix mower. He never showed. Had his own set of problems. Made Instant Pot chili and white rice. Watched western and then Star Trek.

Monday. Watching physical therapist run wife through exercises. Posting on Tnet now. Making spaghetti tonight. Grass still growing.

Friday: Took son down to a dirt landing down

Jul 22, 2019, 1:21 PM

a long dirt road while wife of took daughter of shopping.

Get down there and start swimming and I hear a metal banging in the woods. So I look around and notice there are two skinny guys in the woods hunched over hiding and banging something metal. After getting the gun and walking back, they start crawling around still hiding.

So we pack up because the place is bad for junkies. Call the land owners and cops.

Saturday: Pool day

Sunday: River day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

2 guys hunched over and banging?

Jul 22, 2019, 3:38 PM

I guess we know how TXtigerfan's weekend went.

Eh, was hot

Jul 22, 2019, 2:07 PM

Friday:stayed late at work again. Insert your own disparaging remarks about my manager...er...people leader

Saturday: drove to Cootlumbia in the mawn (did I do that right, ATL PAW MAN® ?)My son is getting his coaching license, so we drove to Daniel Island....traffic on 26 weast was the biggest tdrake® show I have ever seen until we got to 95, hit Daniel Island, son classed a bit and we toured back to to luxurious North Charleston.

Sunday: Son classed a bit, get home late afternoon, worked until 10PM on something I am certain I will get yelled about.

1 to 10 it was a Lounge 5, real life 7

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry dawg. It’s “da mawn”. There’s no “the”.***

Jul 22, 2019, 3:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning! Great in one way, not so great in another

Jul 22, 2019, 4:17 PM

Friday: Myfavjr. and I golfed. He attended a clinic this week. He's getting better!! Me, still suck!

Saturday: Didn't work and let Myfavjr. sleep in a little. Made pancakes, played some PS4, went to Wally World, read some, threw football and "night swimming".

Sunday: Church and dinner with Myfavjr. and my mom. Took Jr. back to his mom's for a couple of days (the not so great part). Bush hogged and listen to the race. Grilled salmom and squash before bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh...up and down

Jul 22, 2019, 4:37 PM

Friday night took wife of out to dinner and to watch a band for her birthday. Had a great time - Baan Sawan in Cola and the White Mule to see The McKenzie Butler Band - not great but fun and easy to listen to.

Saturday AM Wife took daughter of to a soccer camp at COC in Charleston so she was gone from early Saturday to Sunday evening. Other daugher of and other son of were at their Dad's house - so it was just my 10 month old and my 15 year old son. Hung out all day Saturday and bought stuff to do a brisket on Sunday. Prepped Brisket and Grill to make Sunday easier. Watched 12 Strong that night and started Bad Night at the El Royal. Thumbs up to 12 Strong.

Sunday 3:30 Am get up and start the grill. Set everything up and get the temp controlled at 225. Decide to add some more wood chunks to the central part of the fire before adding the meat and end up cracking the platestter in the egg. Son of wakes up and comes downstairs at 4:20 to me cursing. Jury rig the platesetter with a framing square and get the meat on the grill at 4:45. Stay up to get temperature under control again until 6:15. Wake up at 7:45 to feed the baby and realize temperature is out of control and closer to 350, probably for the last hour. Brisket is already at 110 degrees. get the temp back under control, but go lower to 205 to try and slow down the cook. Ends up working somewhat, but still finish it around 2 hours early, so I buy a whole chicken and smoke that too.

Second Brisket - Point was good but flat was too dry due to excessive heat. Good Smoke ring and decent bark. Also chicken was excellent.

Gave 12 strong an 8/10 - BTatER a 6/10. Brisket a 5.

Daughter of had a great time at Soccer camp but realized college soccer is not her bag.

Wife of and I celebrate our 2nd anniversary tonight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fine except those mangey origin errors***

Jul 22, 2019, 6:09 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 762
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic