Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning TigerNet!! Going to be a busy day!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,214

Good morning TigerNet!! Going to be a busy day!

Aug 17, 2019, 8:40 AM

working a little, taking Myfavjr. to a birthday party then off to the hospital to check on my Myfavmom. (broke her hip Thursday, surgery yesterday). Heading home to mow some grass (not the smoking kind), grill salmon and scallops and watch the race with MfOjr.

What are your plans?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm taking my last kid to college, his senior year

Aug 17, 2019, 9:36 AM

I had three in college at the same time. The raises keep coming as they finish. One more to go. 9 more months, maybe a couple more helping with insurance etc until he gets settled. Then it's just me the wife and the dogs...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shout-out to your Mom MFO & a speedy recovery!

Aug 17, 2019, 9:42 AM

Broke mine at Clemson at beginning of my last senior semester in Jan 1966...had to be in metal bed traction device 2 months, a full body cast 2 months & on crutches 2 months but graduated in mid August for diploma..since hip point area shattered into 20 small pieces thus no pins could be used..

but with normal break & pins, the patient can be up & out very quickly!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shout-out to your Mom MFO & a speedy recovery!

Aug 17, 2019, 11:50 AM

Ouch ! Does it ever hurt ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shout-out to your Mom MFO & a speedy recovery!

Aug 17, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Shout-out to your Mom MFO & a speedy recovery! ]

Wow ... what a tough semester/year - LBB !! I finished in August ‘66 also .. but I can’t blame my delay on a broken hip !! .... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Hope your mom has a speedy recovery.

Aug 17, 2019, 9:41 AM

Brighten her day the best you can.

??

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best wishes to your Mom

Aug 17, 2019, 9:45 AM

for a speedy recovery.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do today. In retirement, every day is Saturday. Like a golfing buddy once said, "I have to go to church on Sunday to calibrate the day of the week."

Hope you and MFO Jr. have a great day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Good morning TigerNet!! Going to be a busy day!

Aug 17, 2019, 10:27 AM

You made good on your promise!!

Glad she is recovering. I’ve got one at a b-day party, one staying with a friend and the other attached to my hip while the wife and I catch up on Facebook (not me) and I Tnet ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 11:44 AM

Good Morning - Myfav !! Now that’s more like to it ... thanks for the post!! Sounds like you and Myfavjr have a great day ahead ! Prayers for Myfavmom for a quick recovery. Just yard work for me today - between the rain drops..., -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 17, 2019, 12:04 PM

Regret to hear about your Mother. But the good news is that you will be surprised how fast one can recover with the excellent rehab available today, and the hip will be stronger.

Have already been out to get prescriptions refilled and to Post Office to send four packets of WW2 "stuff" to children of my WW2 buddies. This afternoon I will attend a memorial service for a wonderful lady who was even older than me --- she was 98 back in February.

In today's mail I received an invitation to attend a rehearsal dinner at the Bar Harbor Yacht Club, Bar Harbor, Michigan, on Oct. 4. I plan to be there.

Have a few minor tasks that await my action. Have several push buttons from which to choose in regards to action. The most often used button reads (Remind Me Later).

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 12:38 PM

Busy day for you too - Joe ! I like the “Remind Me Later” push button the best also .... lol

Hugs, Love and Prayers to MyfavMom!!!

Aug 17, 2019, 12:09 PM

She's a special lady . . . I can tell by her lineage!!!

Hauled off 29 Contractor's Garbage Bags full of "stuff" from my son's house to the dump this morning . . . (three trips in my short bed F-150) . . . Sprayed his ditchbanks and two more backpacks full in my gravel drive and natural areas for vegetation control . . .

A quick shower, then whipped up some sausage, egg and cheese biscuits . . . Once my belly was filled and the body was clean I joined this lovely crew to tnet a while . . . golf on the tele ALL afternoon!!!!!!!

Enjoy MfOJr . . . They are grown much too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

Best wishes for your Mom's complete recovery. Today will include some housework, then finish up mowing and watch some of the BMW. Normally have about 3/4ths acre to cut here north of Charlotte, but three weeks ago hired a young local guy who started a lite landscape business with his father. Charges just $25 to cut most of it with me doing the trimming and the remainder behind my backyard fence. Have been mowing since the age of 12 when I was cutting with a push mower 3/4ths of an acre about 300 yds from what became the Belks parking lot at Haywood Mall. When Dad retired and I got busy with college and then the USAF, he bought a rider. Decided to sub this out for the remainder of the cutting season and save some back ache after 60 years.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Aug 17, 2019, 1:33 PM

Prayers for a speedy recovery for the Mrs. Not looking forward to my afternoon, the Mrs. is looking at new cars. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Aug 17, 2019, 1:43 PM

Tell her she can look but not touch... It won’t work, but is sure to make her mad ??

Aug 17, 2019, 2:39 PM

Pray for a speedy recovery for MyfavMom. Hope you and Jr. have a fantastic time.

Tell her ever'body over here in TNetTown wishes her the best

Aug 17, 2019, 3:25 PM

and to get well soon.

Pic of mom or it didn't happen.

Aug 17, 2019, 6:22 PM

J/K, tell her she's on my short prayer list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic