Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gold Star to Saban for How He Handled His QB Comp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,766

Gold Star to Saban for How He Handled His QB Comp

Sep 26, 2018, 10:32 AM

The media was waiting for the Alabama QB situation to implode, but it looks like Saban handled his situation perfectly. Instead, Dabo's handling of Clemson's QB competition and KB's interview will cause a media circus and distractions. Hope TL stays healthy and the team stays focused and unified through it all. The media will be talking about Clemson for the rest of the week leading up to the Cuse game. Waiting to see how the team responds on Saturday. An implosion at this point in the season would be such a letdown because this team has so much potential.

Gotta give Saban credit.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GMAB Saban is an ###***

Sep 26, 2018, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gold Star to Saban for How He Handled His QB Comp

Sep 26, 2018, 10:33 AM

When he's finished with you do you help him down off the step ladder or nah ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Ha ha

Sep 26, 2018, 10:55 AM

Nice one!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really think it was a competition at Bama?

Sep 26, 2018, 10:38 AM

Saban gave the job to Tua after the chip last year. Dabo and company gave Kelly EVERY chance to succeed, excel, and win the job of starting QB. Instead Trevor surpassed him. Also Kelly didn’t have to give the interview and say how he felt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:43 AM

LOL - Saban probably told Hurts a bunch of crap to make him believe there's a chance. I don't trust any SEC coach as to how they handle their recruits/players in getting them on board or keeping them around. No - I won't give Saban any credit on this. I won't even accuse Bama of rewarding Hurts in other ways. Oh wait...I guess I just did.

I can be highly critical of the coaches, but the only...

difference is Kelly and Hurts. I guess Dabo could've demoted Kelly prior to the season like Saban did, but he still would've transferred. Kelly pondered it prior to the season, and opted to take the chance.

Wait, what?

KB and TL were nearly 50-50 in my eyes. I was leaning KB after A&M because TL was not ready... but GT said otherwise. Considering how BAD 'Cuse is against a passing QB, TL was as much of a tactical choice on top of his GT performance.

At Bama, it was never really a question that JH days were numbered.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:44 AM

This has nothing to do with the coaches Saban or Dabo.

It has to do with the character of the players. Bamas QB has some, KB with his comments shows he doesn't!

Sep 26, 2018, 10:53 AM

The difference?? Saban would have likely names KB the starter this game. you know, the senior QB that once he puts one cleat on the field after this week, will have ZERO college football eligibility remaining. CDS treated KB like he would want a coach to treat one of his kids. "Here is all the information you need... here are your options.... Here is the honest truth..."

A lesser coach could have manipulated the situation, had KB start the Syracuse game and then the kid would have no option other than stay with the team as the back up. Looking at the big Picture, this is good for the program.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,766
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic