Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me

Nov 24, 2017, 11:47 AM

This guy promised me a parking pass for 150 on Tuesday. He just texted me this. His name is Todd Olds and he is an city councilman in Charleston. He is also coming to the game.

That being said, does anyone know where I can get a parking pass? Preferably gated? If not, at least lot security. Even those where I can just drive up and pay at?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me

Nov 24, 2017, 11:55 AM

nice.... did he respond to your comment ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

capitalism strikes again***

Nov 24, 2017, 11:55 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone's word should mean more than that.***

Nov 24, 2017, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: capitalism strikes again***

Nov 24, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to capitalism strikes again*** ]

That’s not capitalism that is just lies and cheating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not cheating. It's dishonorable, but if you care about

Nov 24, 2017, 1:36 PM

$100 more than your word and reputation you're an idiot who has it coming anyway.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2020, 2:21 PM

uhh a politician. Its what they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 12:16 PM

When you dance with the devil you get your toes stepped on! Been like that forever!

Nov 24, 2017, 12:02 PM

He isn’t one of our city councilman, I’ve never heard of him.

He is in North Charleston...District 5

Nov 24, 2017, 12:04 PM

N/M

Well then...

Nov 24, 2017, 6:58 PM

he won't be getting MY vote.

Nov 24, 2017, 12:02 PM

No way I'd ruin my rep for $100 or any amount for that matter.

Nov 24, 2017, 12:03 PM

Unfortunately that scenario happpens on both sides. In today’s culture people can’t grasp that their word is a reflection of their character.

The electronic communications gives people the sense that they’re not talking to real people and thus they don’t see it as giving their word.

What I hate is that the internet makes it possible to find the buyers and strike a deal, which is a great asset. But then unprincipled people like this guy want to turn it in to an unregulated auction by continuing to look for a higher bidder after they have made a deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 12:10 PM

He even told me this morning he put it back on there for 250 and is still getting calls. Then he said but I gave you my word Tuesday so I’m going to sell it to you. He said I’m leaving shortly from Charleston to stay at my condo in Columbia call me back about 1145 and we can meet. Then I got this text. No, he has yet to reply.

Nov 24, 2017, 12:27 PM

I sent him a text that if your story is true I hope this finds it’s way to the news and that he was acting like a typical coot fan with no morals and no character. What he did is not Capitalism but just lies and cheating. Typical of a politician.

Sorry you got screwed but Karma is a bit$&!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I texted him too and said he had zero honor or character

Nov 24, 2017, 1:53 PM

and that I hope he chokes on that $100

Nov 24, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me ]

B U L L S H I O T! ! ! Your word is your word on the phone, on your computer, it's no different than face to face. It's coming from the same heart and mind regardless of how it's communicated!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 12:11 PM

That really sucks. I will make sure my State Rep knows about him Incase he runs for State Office. We don’t need his kind in any government office.

Nov 24, 2017, 12:15 PM

It's full of those type, please wake up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 12:12 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding why you thought that a city councilman's word would be any good. Most people know that people in politics has to be liars and cheats, and especially liars. If they aren't, their co workers will find ways to get them out. Local politics operate by lying, cheating, and stealing from the people they serve, and the federal government isn't any different!!!

Nov 24, 2017, 12:15 PM

I didn’t bother looking him up until after he screwed me over.

Nov 24, 2017, 12:21 PM

Money talks....

Nov 24, 2017, 12:28 PM

Your word is your word, and there is no way I would ever go back on my word for such a small pissy amount of money. If anybody ever says that I went against my word, they should also be able to tell that I'm a rich man also. And it would take a big pile of money to sell the most important thing that I have, and that is my word!!!

Nov 24, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me ]

Yeah even when it shouldn't sometimes.

Have been burned by tnetters twice

Nov 24, 2017, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I know... “fool me once yada yada...” ... fwiw, there will be no third time...

Sorry bmoore!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Have been burned by tnetters twice

Nov 24, 2017, 12:34 PM

Ahh not that big of a deal, we will park that beautiful orange suburban somewhere in Columbia. There’s a couple of places that are first come, little cheaper but a little further.

Re: Have been burned by tnetters twice

Nov 24, 2017, 2:35 PM

And more of a risk of coots disfiguring it if it represents Clemson in anyway. I have road my Harley to the baseball games he in cootlumbia many times, I always parked right where the guys are at the entrance, I will tear a $20 dollar bill in half and give it to one of the guys working the parking area and tell the guy I will give him the other half if no damage has been done while I'm away from my scooter. It has never been harmed, but I would never leave it if I wasn't able to make a deal with a parking attendant for it's safety!!! Once the guy told me that he couldn't stay there until the game was over, and that nobody would bother it. Being that I only live 10 miles from their baseball stadium, I took my Harley back home and drove my truck back and watched us lose that game.

Typical Garbage Coot....I Bet He Would Pimp His Wife Out

Nov 24, 2017, 12:52 PM

$100 You should ask.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I texted the number

Nov 24, 2017, 1:56 PM

Can’t confirm it is in fact Tood Olds; if I could, I would put this out on social media. I live in Summerville.

Re: I texted the number

Nov 24, 2017, 2:02 PM

Look at the number, google it, you see what it comes back to, prime properties of Charlotte, then look at his Facebook profile. He owns the company. There is no doubt it’s him.

Nov 24, 2017, 2:11 PM

At least the guy told you he was taking a better deal.In hindsight the guy should have just said he decided to use it instead.

Nov 24, 2017, 2:12 PM

What a jerk. But at the same time you kinda have to be that way to wanna be involved with politics anyway. Which SHOULD be the most honest people in our country. Unfortunately it’s the opposite. If he’ll go back on his word for $100 then who knows what he’d do in office for far more money being offered to him.

Nov 24, 2017, 2:42 PM

He will do what he has been doing, selling the people's trust in him for coin!!!

Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

Nov 24, 2017, 3:43 PM

Ok, a disclaimer first. I've known the pass seller's parents for over 30 years (his mother and I worked together at the Charleston Naval Shipyard before closure) and him since his his high school days.

When I read this post it didn't sound like him not to sell if agreed to and especially not to respond at all. I reached out and it appears there were in fact other texts and attempts to reach the buyer by phone. Twice in fact, with no response. The buyer then states in a text "I believe I misunderstood the fact you were selling to someone else in Charleston for more money. I didn't need to take a phone call for that to be clarified." The seller then responds in a text "You made a bad assumption as to the purpose of my call . . . sorry (buyers name)."

So, there are always at least two sides to a story. It does appear the buyer may recognize he has not been entirely forthright in the picture that was painted in one of his later posts where he states:

"Ahh not that big of a deal, we will park that beautiful orange suburban somewhere in Columbia. There’s a couple of places that are first come, little cheaper but a little further."

So, I think I agree with him it's "not that big of a deal!"

Let's have a good game tomorrow and may the better team win!

Not sure I understand

Nov 24, 2017, 3:48 PM

So he DIDN’T agree to sell it for $150 and then change his mind and sell it to someone else for $250?

Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY

Nov 24, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY ]

You are exactly correct in what was said, but when I said I beleive, I meant to say “ I don’t beleive”. You can clearly interpret that from the rest of the texts. Also that happened hours after the original text. I already found another place to park and figured this wasn’t worth arguing about. I also figured if he had substance to say it would have been done in a text and not via a phone call. I made no misrepresentation about what happened.

Here is the rest of it, it looks weird because he screenshotted what was said and sent it back.

I didn’t bother picking up the calls because to me there was no point and he had already sold the pass. I really had nothing to say. Maybe he was trying to correct his mistake. I will never know. Just a bad taste in my mouth from a city councilman from a city I Love, unfortunately he had to be a gamecock too.

Nov 24, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock fan/charleston city councilman just screwed me OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY ]

To agree to $150 and then reneging on it is slimy and you are too if you don't see it. His parents too since they didn't teach him better. Abundance of low lifes.

sexual harrassment***

Nov 24, 2017, 3:49 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some reason he is not answering his phone.***

Nov 24, 2017, 4:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 5:46 PM

Probably not smart to post a guys phone number on here. Just move on

So... you expected a politician to do the right thing???***

Nov 24, 2017, 6:03 PM

Nov 24, 2017, 7:01 PM

Here’s the ######

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Nov 24, 2017, 7:41 PM

Please do not confuse the city of Charleston with the slum known as "North Charleston". Hereinafter referred to as "Upchuck".

Todd Olds is a city councilman from "Upchuck". I tried to do a business deal with the city. He became involved under the guise of creating jobs for Upchuck but as it turned out he only wanted the commission on the deal. He is a died in the wool redneck coot. Which actually looks good next to a scumbag city councilman on the take.

A politician lies!?

Nov 24, 2017, 7:56 PM

Wonders never cease.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic