Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fwiw Todd Ellis will never be as classy or as good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Fwiw Todd Ellis will never be as classy or as good

Nov 6, 2018, 6:52 AM

at his job as an announcer as Bob Fulton. I am Tiger through and through but Fulton could call a game. I miss Jim Phillips as well!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fwiw Todd Ellis will never be as classy or as good

Nov 6, 2018, 6:54 AM

Can't believe you used Todd Ellis and "classy" in the same sentence! You're right about Fulton, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:17 AM

This! I can not stand to listen to Elli at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 7:09 AM

Poor Todd doesn’t have a clue how pathetic he sounds! Way to many “o my” and “can you believe it?” and the excitement seemingly over every GC accomplishment make one want to laugh out loud as he makes an utter idiot of himself. His stupidity knows no bounds in his comment that the chickens have “the best entrance in college football.” What a joke!!

Bob Fulton is rolling over in his grave.

“Dandy Don” Munson will never replace Jim Philips in his prime, but he at least has improved every year. Somebody needs to teach him how to prounce “afternoon” and “Carolina,” properly, but he is considerably better than Todd Ellis. I often feel sorry for Tommy Suggs who has to bear Todd’s over enthusiastic calls.

Go Tigers ??!!

Nov 6, 2018, 7:21 AM

I was listening to some of Jim's call of the first orange pants game. No one holds a candle to him. He was great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Fwiw Todd Ellis will never be as classy or as good ]

Todd Ellis on the call,

Jake hands off to the running back, he turns the corner, he's going, going, going. Oh my the defender gets one hand on his foot and trips him up for a 3 yard loss.

Tommy that should have been a touchdown!

Nov 6, 2018, 9:52 AM

LOL - your post reminds me of those old Harry Carey games. (and for any Cubs fans, I know it's probably sacrilege, but I loathed that old sausage with blue coke bottle glasses.

"Sandberg pops one up!! Oh my goodness! This one's got some height to it!! It could go.. ALL.. THE.. WAY.. The left fielder shields the sun as he runs back.. Still going.. It's still.. and caught by the shortstop just beyond the pitcher's mound.."

But yea - Ellis.. his grunts and growls as he calls those games, it sounds like he's trying to pass a VW-sized deuce..

As a broadcaster for 41 of my 55 years, Munson is so bad....

Nov 6, 2018, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Fwiw Todd Ellis will never be as classy or as good ]

... I wish they'd hire a consultant to work with him. Potential is there, but he's one of the worst in the industry... I just feel that "Best is the Standard" should apply to everything...

BTW, Ellis is worse.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: As a broadcaster for 41 of my 55 years, Munson is so bad....

Nov 6, 2018, 7:54 AM

While I agree I think w cable and the internet now radio isnt the big source of coverage it was before. Hence why you give someone like this the mic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellis couldn't carry Bob Fultons spittoon. I had immense

Nov 6, 2018, 7:39 AM

respect for Bob Fulton, He was the best of any announcer in our area. Our own Jim Phillips was great as well, but with a touch more "homerism". Fulton was the consummate professional. I still remember when we honored him by having him in our announce booth to call some play by play for the Tigers one time. I have a sneaking suspicion TOOOOOOODDD will never be given that honor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Todd Ellis is a

Nov 6, 2018, 7:53 AM

effing moran.

hth

null

Toad Ellis is an absolute imbecile...

Nov 6, 2018, 8:49 AM

He's just as mouthy, ignorant, and deluded at the entire u5c fan base which is exactly what they want; a homer who only tells them exactly what they want to hear rather than the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The guy they fired in order to

Nov 6, 2018, 9:07 AM

give Ellis the job, Charlie MacAlexander, was pretty good.

Charlie Mac was the one...

Nov 6, 2018, 9:16 AM

who broke the story that Lou Holtz had already informed his staff that he would be retiring at the end of the season and that Steve Spurrier would take over.

Lou adamantly denied the report saying, "That is absolutely untrue, absolutely untrue," only to announce his impending retirement a few short days later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 6, 2018, 9:19 AM

Between Todd Ellis' wheezing hyperbole and Suggs' marble mouthed drawl, they make for an astronomically unlistenable game calling pair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the Macho Man of football play by play.

Nov 6, 2018, 9:24 AM

He is absolutely un-listenable. Most #### fans that I know agree with this sentiment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

They let a great opportunity

Nov 6, 2018, 9:41 AM

slip by with losing Andy Demetra. He did their baseball and basketball calls and was really good. He left for GT. That dude is really good.

Touchdown Clemson!***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:45 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic