Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny, Hillinski(sp?) sounds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,114

Funny, Hillinski(sp?) sounds

May 15, 2018, 11:14 AM

Like he might not be to happy with muscrat. Tried to attach link but my phone not agreeing with me. It's on secountry. Basically they offered another QB and he didn't know about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i read it

May 15, 2018, 11:22 AM

sounds like the kid even reached out to the coaches to ask questions and they hadn't responded to him. Also sounds like Muscoot likes to send out generic text messages to kids about "great day to be a gamecock"

I don't know how Dabo does it but seeing as how all the recruits call it a family type atmosphere I find it hard to believe Dabo would just send out generic texts like that.

Re: i read it

May 15, 2018, 11:25 AM

Yeah the text thing sounded odd too. Sounds like muscrats head is up his a$$, a player reaching out and u send a generic text. Boom.

If he’s smart he will bail now

May 15, 2018, 11:23 AM

That way he can avoid constantly being sacked for the next for years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think he winds up at UCLA personally

May 15, 2018, 11:30 AM

I didn't understand the commit to USCjr when he committed. I think he'll stay west coast.

Re: i think he winds up at UCLA personally

May 15, 2018, 11:35 AM

Ohio State offered recently too .. so they may become a serious player .. because tOSU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: i think he winds up at UCLA personally

May 15, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to i think he winds up at UCLA personally ]

I don't think he fits with Chip Kelly's offensive identity but you never know.

Re: Funny, Hillinski(sp?) sounds

May 15, 2018, 12:00 PM

"Great day to be a Gamecock" ....... If he says that , that's proof he is lying!

May 15, 2018, 12:06 PM

TigerLinks --- You failed to complete your quote. It should have read, "Great day to be a Gamecock de-commit".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 4:19 PM

.... in which case it would be a great day!

He's a decootment waiting to happen for sure...

May 15, 2018, 12:10 PM

...his comments made that seem inevitable.

And also, is this guy such a prima-donna that he thinks they shouldn't even offer another quarterback since he's "their guy"? Last time I checked you need 3 or 4 QBs on a team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: He's a decootment waiting to happen for sure...

May 15, 2018, 12:15 PM

You have to be honest with recruits though. If they told him they were only taking one and then offered without another without a heads up that's bad. If they are expecting a transfer or planning on moving Joyner to another position then it makes sense but you still should still notify the guy to have, even if for nothing more than managing his commitment.

Re: He's a decootment waiting to happen for sure...

May 15, 2018, 12:17 PM

"Have to be honest" is a poor operative phrase. "Should be honest" is better, but this is the SEC and Muschamp. "Selling ice to Eskimos" as he liked to put his recruiting ability implies a certain level of dishonesty.

Well of course you have to be honest, but...

May 15, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: He's a decootment waiting to happen for sure... ]

...I haven't read where he was told they were taking only one QB this class. If so, that is wrong.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

May 15, 2018, 1:56 PM

They offered another QB after telling him that they wouldn't. But they offered another QB as an athlete and he was unaware of that fact too. USuC blowing this would be great because he also is teammates with a high end 4 star nearly 5 star CB who's seriously considering them to stay with Hillinski.

May 15, 2018, 2:52 PM

I just want to see a meltdown in cootville. When it hits the fan down there is so much fun to watch. Maybe I'm a bad person.

May 15, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny, Hillinski(sp?) sounds ]

The CB is a guy he plays against in 7vs7 not a teammate and he isn't coming this far I promise you that. Also to other post above Muschamp pressures these kids into committing meaning he is willing to say anything to get these guys to commit. A lot of coaches are like that and they use it as publicity and to recruit other kids. Recruiting is an attention base product where getting your name out there is the name of the game so they use kids commitment, after riding these kids hard to commit, for headlines to shove in other kids faces. You look at their o-line recruiting and the number of guys they have brought in and have committed this class and 2020, they are trying to flip the talent but they are going to leave players in their wake in the process. Its Muschamp style. Throw as many offers out there, tell the kids whatever they want to hear and even if they commit continue doing steps 1 and 2. Dabo tries to talk kids out of commiting. It has been well documented and thats why Clemson has the fewest decommits the last 5 years because when a kid commits to Clemson he has evaluated all his option and is making a decision based off information and not an in the moment reaction. Everything has been spelled out to him in that he is expected to shut things down and if not that is fine but don't commit. that is why Clemson doesn't run into the problem you see above.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic