Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum

Apr 29, 2019, 4:27 PM

and callers about 15 minutes to knock DaBO down 20 Notches!

Ha..was worth watching & listening to (wish I’d had a Whisky) and I will agree Coach is Not 1 of 5 best HC’s in entire history of game, but he surely may be sooner than later.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats a little far fetched but

Apr 29, 2019, 4:44 PM

he's rising the ranks quickly. I'd give him top 10-15 now, just as a quick guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thats a little far fetched but

Apr 29, 2019, 5:09 PM

With two national championships, Dabo seems to be tied for 16th. (ncaa.com)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many head coaches won their second NC at 49

Apr 29, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Thats a little far fetched but ]

years of age? He has won 2 at a younger age than Saban. Saban won his first title in 2003, at 52 years old. He won his second in 2009, at 58 years old.

Dabo is a decade ahead of Saban.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny, ESPN Writer just called DABO 1 of 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum

Apr 29, 2019, 5:58 PM

Who else has taken a team like us and done what Dabo did? We're certainly were not considered a "major college football power" until Dabo took over. Look at all of the schools who have dumped money into coaches and programs and failed to rise to the top. Sure, Bama, OU and 0SU have been there, but that's expected, like the sun rising and setting and UGA losing to Bama... Michigan, ND, FSU, LSU and other have flirted with top level success. But Clemson? Clemson?

But now we're there. You can't talk about college football over the last 10 years without talking about Clemson. Life long, never wavering, no question about it Clemson fans like me could never in our wildest dreams imagined ourselves here. Dabo did that. 1 of the 5 all time best? Yep, I'll buy that.

Re: Funny, ESPN Writer just called DABO 1 of 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum

Apr 29, 2019, 9:12 PM

RickyC78

Here. Here. I concur. I agree and I co-sign everything you put down.

As a kid watching Clemson beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl I never would have guessed it would have been that long since Clemson tasted that type success again. William Christopher Swinney thankfully was given a chance to run our program and has made it: "Finally" what I envisioned as a kid! A national power!
No questions asked national - you had better not think of winning a NC w/o thinking about how you will beat Clemson - National Power!
I would give him top 10 Today. By the time he is done; no way he is not top 3.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny, ESPN Writer just called DABO 1 of 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum ]

Oh but back in time we were. This is not our first rodeo

Dabo is clearly Number 1 all time

Apr 29, 2019, 6:00 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum

Apr 29, 2019, 9:27 PM

Who else would be in top 10

Saban
Bryant
Rockne
Jimmy Johnson
Switzer
Osborne
Heisman
Bowden
Maybe Paterno
Spurrier
Others?

I have not read article yet.

Re: Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum

Apr 29, 2019, 9:41 PM

Wilkinson at Oklahoma. Those two streaks, like 49 and 57 or something along those lines is tough no matter what era.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to pick the GOAT coach.

Apr 29, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum ]

Nattys are a good place to start and anyone with only 2 Natty's isn't yet gonna a consensus GOAT coach.

You might want to look at Bud Wilkinson with 3 Nattys and a 47 game winning streak.
Or Bierman or Woody Hayes each with 5 nattys. John McKay won 4 nattys at Southern Cal. Osborne was really strong and won 3 nattys in what I'd call the modern era.

Joe Paterno won over 400 games. Bobby Bowden won 350something games at a former girls school that only started the sport in my lifetime.

That's 7 guys ahead of Dabo as GOAT major college coaches on lots of lists not counting Bryant and Saban.

If Dabo gets 4 Nattys and wins another 100 games, he'll get some votes as the GOAT, based at least in part on Clemson not being an historical blueblood. 6 Nattys and he goes to consensus head of class.

But I don't really care about consensus. I got Dabo as the GOAT already with 20 more years to coach Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny, ESPN Writer called DABO 1 of the 5 “All-Time” College FB Coaches & it took Finebaum ]

Danny Ford

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic