Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From SI ...Maybe Old News...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,376

From SI ...Maybe Old News...

Mar 29, 2019, 8:24 AM

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/03/27/ncaa-rules-endorsements-defensive-line-prospects
">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From SI ...Maybe Old News...

Mar 29, 2019, 8:36 AM

Don't know that there would be a bidding war as Trevor has already stated that he uses Pantene!

Is dark humor allowed?

Mar 29, 2019, 8:39 AM

Ostarine?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, no mention of XT

Mar 29, 2019, 8:52 AM

My guess is Andy will know him sooner rather than later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I could see XT in an ad for Bayer pain reliever***

Mar 29, 2019, 9:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:23 AM

What happens then is that local businesses - meaning, the same guys who are so often boosters - instantly become an immutable, unreportable part of the equation.

What you've essentially done then is opened the door for the biggest-money schools to legally pay players. Want $200K? Okay. Sign an endorsement deal, do, say, a ten-second commercial where they point a camera phone at you and you mumble: "I drive Joe Smith Fords!"...and hey, it's yours. And these booster payouts are suddenly legal. Schools could even offer these as part of your recruiting package.

Not that this isn't being done now, with some recruits, particularly in the SEC. But they still have to be sneaky about it.

At this point, the schools with the biggest network of boosters - meaning, the most money - instantly jump to the top of the food chain and there is simply no stopping them. Clemson is never, ever going to win a bidding war against, say, Texas A&M and their oil money, or the massive network of booster-owned local businesses in big towns like Austin, Tuscaloosa, or even Los Angeles.

Clemson is winning now because while the playing field may not be entirely fair and level the Tigers can offer the exact same full scholarship as anyone else, and because Clemson is vastly superior to others in terms of team chemistry, team culture, and an environment parents feel good about leaving their kids in.

Allow endorsement money in through the front door and college football instantly becomes The Junior NFL...just without a salary cap.

If you want to know how that works, merely look to most European soccer leagues. The same 4-5 teams (Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal) win the English Premier League, each and every year. Spain is down to two real teams, Real Madrid and Barcelona. Germany and Italy are even worse...you have to go back to 2011 to find a year Bayern Munich didn't win the Bundesliga, or 2010 when Juventus didn't win Serie A in Italy.

Mar 29, 2019, 9:57 AM

#2 pencils because student comes before athlete

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,376
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic