Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen

Dec 10, 2018, 6:22 PM

Look at what we've done without getting the 5 star o linemen every year. I think it just speaks to how good of a coach he really is that he develops our guys so well.

And btw, Hunter Rayburn is going to be a stud. And we are going to get our guys, don't panic

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen

Dec 10, 2018, 6:43 PM

"Any" ole time Clemson fans know that UGA isn't beyond having a booster with stuffed pockets walking into a recruits house and leaving with nothing but lint left in those stuffed pockets. The day will come when their full proof way of doing this for so long, will one day come unglued. A team that has under achieved as long as UGA has and still have a stock pile of some of the best recruits in the country, will one day get what they deserve, and it won't be NC ships!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen

Dec 10, 2018, 7:01 PM

Maybe we need to step our game up! It's amazing that we've accomplished everything we have and we're the only team that doesn't do stuff like that

Dec 10, 2018, 6:59 PM

If we're being honest with ourselves, we play in a weak conference. It's not like our offensive line is going up against a bunch of NFL guys every week. Let's just all agree that it would be nice if Clemson could land better offensive line talent.

Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the

Dec 10, 2018, 7:09 PM

Where did this weak conference stuff come from? This was a down year for top flight programS. Yes, we were dominant but don't think all the other ACC programs are garbage. We got rid of two more slimy coaches and a prude with this down year and I bet the conference bounces back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:21 PM

It helps that our offensive line doesn't get tested every week by talented defensive lines. And I don't know how people defend this conference. It's not good. There isn't very much talent outside of Clemson and Florida State.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:01 PM

We don't play any talent in our conference? We usually play two SEC teams a year too.

CONFERENCE PLAYERS ON NFL ROSTERS
SEC 335
Big Ten 239
ACC 228
Pac-12 210
Big 12 123
American 100
Mountain West 63
C-USA 63
Independent 40
MAC 39
Sun Belt 20

I'm pretty sure BC has had some NFL talent at OL and I don't

Dec 10, 2018, 9:12 PM

think UGA's ability to land them means they are paying players.

Dec 10, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the ]

not to mention that we have been beating them(lsu,aub,ga,ok,ohst,etc). on a regular basis.oh,and did I mention the '16 natty?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 10, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen ]

That's true, and we're not exactly known for showcasing our linemen in our offense or sending o linemen to the league. I know of one that starts in the league right now and I bet 99% of people on here don't know who he is.

I agree with you though. It would be nice. But it's not like the guys we are putting out there would be sitting the bench at SEC schools

Dec 10, 2018, 7:19 PM

Guessing Tyler Shatley, OG/C of Jacksonville Jaguars? Taylor Hearn can now be considered a starter for the Panthers.

Dec 11, 2018, 12:15 AM

Yeah it is Shatley. I didn't know Hearn was starting, just thought he was called up from the practice squad

Mentioning centers today, huh?

Dec 10, 2018, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen ]

Not fair, listing guys who were not rated on the offensive side like that.

FSU, NC State, and BC traditionally toss as good a D line as

Dec 10, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen ]

much of the FBS out there any year, plus we're scheduling upper echelon D's with our OOC. Lots of NFL guys in those bunches. Don't know that other conference teams are doing a whole lot more than that annually, spread out through all the games. SCar occasionally brings something decent but just being an SEC team hasn't made up for their lacking there the past few years. And Bama doesn't count as two games on a schedule, only one.

OL's are beginning to trust Clemson more over the years. Don't see why that won't continue to build on what we're accomplishing there now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: For anyone thinking Robbie Caldwell has anything to do with it getting the "top" olinemen ]

Actually our OL is going against NFL talent everyday in practice.......

Dec 10, 2018, 7:07 PM

It's not always the number of stars beside their names, it is how they buy into the program and develop that matters most. A team could start 22 - 5 star recruits and not win because of coaching and lack of direction. I think Dabo and the Tigers have proven what happens when everyone is "on the same page".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:11 PM

What did Willie do?

Dec 10, 2018, 7:10 PM

we might play weak teams in acc, but in bowl games we beat okla, lsu, ala,ohio st. need to say no more.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:41 PM

I mean, the narrative is the same every time. our oline is fine against average defenses, but once we play alabama, we get manhandled. Obviously we dont get all the 4 and 5 stars on the oline, but hitting on a few more a little more often won't hurt either. to beat the best, recruit against the best

We were manhandled once when Bama could

Dec 10, 2018, 7:49 PM

stack the box last year with little passing threat

CRC will prolly "retire" soon

Dec 10, 2018, 7:47 PM

I think this "problem" will solve itself if not this year then next. It's not Dabo's style to remove a staffer barring an egregious blunder (i.e. the WVA game).

So, I expect CRC will straight up retire soon or take a Brad Scott type of program role.

Dec 10, 2018, 8:19 PM

Bama crushed our OL in New Orleans. Stepped on their throats!

Dec 10, 2018, 8:46 PM

Alabama knew we did not have a down field passing game and dared us to run so, they stacked the box. It' a tough chore for 5 OL to block 6 or 7 guys. I don't know of an OL coach in America who has figured out a cure for that.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 9:09 PM

Joe, thanks for your excellent observations and restoring sanity to this thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post & the responses are like a jailhouse break

Dec 10, 2018, 9:48 PM

They are going everywhere. So let me add to the mayhem with my condensed thoughts --

1) Despite being tops in ACC, the Clemson O-line has been sparsely populated with NFL caliber talent for a long time
2) The SEC West as a division is formidable and has been a while - middling Tx A&M gave Clemson a very respectable challenge in the opener
3) Deshaun Watson (with some help) won the natl championship for Clemson despite being mauled by sociopath Reuben Foster & Bama D on a high percentage of plays. A win for the ages! Thank you DeShaun!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha- guess you need to rewatch the Natty

Dec 10, 2018, 10:47 PM

and see how that Bama d-line was nothing more than blocking sleds in the 4th

Dec 10, 2018, 10:49 PM

We can't keep losing 5 star offensive lineman to Georgia, it will catch up to us eventually

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic