Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, for real. How high is the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

So, for real. How high is the

May 19, 2019, 12:34 AM

Ceiling for our program at this point?

This is absolutely amazing!

5***s like a meteor shower!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 out of the last 3 championships, 55-4 through 4 years

May 19, 2019, 12:43 AM

I'd say we're already at the ceiling. These recruiting classes are about keeping us there.

Re: 2 out of the last 3 championships, 55-4 through 4 years

May 19, 2019, 5:59 AM

No no my friend , we're about to blow the roof off and change CFB's old guard to include Clemson University as a blueblood when talked about many decades from now .
Ceiling can't hold what Dabo is doing with this program .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

For a rising high school freshman

May 19, 2019, 6:27 AM

Clemson IS a blue-blood name. The Tigers have been ranked 70 consecutive weeks...with 60 consecutive weeks in the Top 10. Since 2011, only seven polls have not included Clemson...just 7.

The high school seniors graduating over the next few weeks have only known Clemson and Bama as annual CFP participants their entire high school careers. For the freshman, they were just starting to read well when 2011 got underway. They probably laugh when reading of the other 'blue-bloods', then realize most that are mentioned haven't won since BEFORE they were born. Right Miami? Oklahoma? Michigan? Notre Dame? What say you, Tennessee? Penn State? Oh...and Georgia...LOL!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For a rising high school freshman

May 19, 2019, 6:39 AM

Agree !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 19, 2019, 6:40 AM [ in reply to For a rising high school freshman ]

Not to mention in the poll era ( 1936-2019 ), we have as many or more national championships than....

Florida State ( 3 )
Florida ( 3 )
LSU ( 2 )
Auburn ( 2 )
Michigan ( 2 )
Penn State ( 2 )
Tennessee ( 2 )
Georgia ( 1 )

May 19, 2019, 7:12 AM [ in reply to For a rising high school freshman ]

I think we need to distinguish between blue-blood programs and blue-blood conferences. UF, UT (Tenn), UGA etc. are good programs in a blue blood conference. There are, IMO, two of them: SEC & B1G. (I'm talking about national perception and sports journalism cronyism here).

As for blue blood programs, the obvious ones historically are Bama, Oklahoma, OSU, Michigan, ND, and USC. Others--Nebraska, Miami, PSU, Texas are more debatable.

As to whether Clemson is blue blood, of course i think so, but the journalists aren't there yet, and I don't think they'll get there any time soon. We're a nouveau riche school in a so-so conference from their perspective. If we were truly blue-blood in their eyes, whether Dabo stayed or went back to Bama wouldn't be a news issue. And we don't help things by putting Bama penalties in Dabo's contract. And fretting over it on discussion boards. Makes us seem insecure.

Several years ago, there was talk about Saban going to Texas, but that was a flash in the pan, and I doubt Bama put any Texas penalties in his contract, though I don't really know. Did Urban Meyer have OSU language in his UF contract? Because he always said that OSU was his holy grail. Even if they did, they weren't ongoing news items.

What Clemson has in its favor for blue-blood inclusion are 1) length of tradition (FSU lacks this compared to Clemson); 2) historic persons/personalities (Heisman, Howard, Ford, Dabo). And if we keep beating down the blue bloods that we do play, like we have generally in the last few years.

May 19, 2019, 10:10 AM [ in reply to 2 out of the last 3 championships, 55-4 through 4 years ]

John Wooden won 10 out of 12 National Championships in NCAA Basketball with the PROGRAM he built. Dabo's personality reminds me the most of John Wooden. Clemson has a chance to build a dynasty in football much like UCLA did in basketball from 1963-1975.

May 19, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to 2 out of the last 3 championships, 55-4 through 4 years ]

Agree our success has been stellar. But I agree with other post that future is going to be even brighter. ..

... beam from the Oculus...***

May 19, 2019, 4:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jordan Burch....

May 19, 2019, 10:23 AM

....will he waste his talent at the UofSuC or be a champion at Clemson?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic