Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF has the Tiger program figured out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FGF has the Tiger program figured out.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:13 AM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/clemson-has-15-verbals-and-not-one-of-them.268830/

Bullet points:

1. Dabo is pissing off all S.C. high school coaches

2. Muschamp is locking down both S.C. and N.C., and USCjr is the premier football school in either state

3. Clemson program and Dabo are completely satisfied and will not try as hard moving forward.

I for one am glad the softball program is starting up, because it sounds like football is heading back to the Tommy West years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF has the Tiger program figured out.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:16 AM

It is beyond belief how delusional that fan base is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 10:18 AM

Amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF has the Tiger program figured out. ]

"Good. Let everybody remember we are the University of South Carolina"-believe me will never let them forget it!!

Jun 20, 2018, 10:18 AM

It was only a matter of time until USCjr returned to their greatness. You can't keep a sleeping giant down. I am just glad we caught them while they were down and not as great as they have been throughout their history.

69-42-4

Jun 20, 2018, 10:20 AM

Nuff said.

Curse Lives.

And #70 is inbound***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

70 for #70

Jun 20, 2018, 6:35 PM

That'll work! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 10:24 AM

Clemson just put out a vlog talking about how their coaches visit every single hs in SC regardless if they have a player we are recruiting. This maintains relationships for when a recruit comes through that school.

Last time I checked, Clemson isn't banned from recruiting certain HS like SC either. Muschamp and Bentley were laughed out of Spartanburg HS when they tried to come in and recruit Feaster. They have burnt some bridges there and other places that can't be fixed.

Jun 20, 2018, 2:28 PM

I saw that and thought that is one of the best things I’ve seen in the Vlogs. And Jeff Scott has a pretty nice ride. I remember hearing the biggest failure of Derek Dooley at Tennessee was they had almost no relationships with high school coaches instate. Doesn’t matter if there may not be D1 talent all the time, you have to have relationships outside of that.

lol at ‘they don’t have any SC recruits and we have 3, that’s 300% more!’***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:25 AM

Re: lol at ‘they don’t have any SC recruits and we have 3, that’s 300% more!’***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:37 AM

Apparently MATH is not their strong point (among other things).

:)

Jun 20, 2018, 10:34 AM

Most amazing thing in that entire post is the

Jun 20, 2018, 10:39 AM

3 is 300% more than 0 bit. LMAO

Reminds me of an ad from back in the 70's.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:45 AM

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

The best part about this post...

Jun 20, 2018, 10:39 AM

Is that they really think muscoot is going to "LOCK DOWN" SC/NC! What exactly are they going to "LOCK DOWN"??? Excuse me while I go lough until I cry!

Re: The best part about this post...

Jun 20, 2018, 10:58 AM

They have 1 top player from NC or SC committed and suddenly locked down.

#1 2020 recruit in SC already committed to Clemson

null

I think he meant to say 'lock up' SC and NC players,

Jun 20, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to The best part about this post... ]

which does kinda fit their MO.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that’s one thing FGF really knows about...

Jun 20, 2018, 10:42 AM

How to build championship level football programs.

??

~JKB

Jun 20, 2018, 10:43 AM

Also the talent level in SC is way down this year and in recent years. So good luck to them if they want to sign fringe D1 prospects just say they have guys from SC

Clemson will get the guys from SC that we want

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Jun 20, 2018, 10:53 AM

if you took the collective brain power of the posters on FGF, you would not be able to generate enough energy to light a fire flys a$$.

FGF is a glowing example why $CU fans are widely regarded as the most deluded and ignorant in all of college athletics.

It's a distinction they seem to go out of their way to garner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

99% of that is pure hogwash as is to be expected

Jun 20, 2018, 10:53 AM

But there is a small point that makes some sense. Our brand is obviously going national and if you look at the geographic spread of our last class, this class, and recruits we're in on we're going nationwide with our recruiting which means we're not going to be able to take all the players we used to take from our typical geographic footprint.

This isn't a bad problem to have it just means that teams like the Coots and NC State are going to get local players that we don't have room for which will make them better. Luke Doty is a prime example of this. Grew up a Clemson fan in a Clemson family but we're recruiting DJ from CA who is objectively a better QB so Doty who is still good is likely going to go somewhere where we see him regularly.

Not a complaint but it's a side effect of all the success we've had.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:03 AM

Thanks! It's always great to start the day off with a good laugh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Jun 20, 2018, 11:15 AM

Well then, it looks like our program is in shambles. Off the rails and doomed.

We probably shouldn't even bother with a football season this year...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 11:27 AM

Reminds me of the news clips of Sadam Hussein spewing his propaganda, like his propaganda was gonna make one iota of difference once the reality of “shock and awe” was imposed on him. End result, blabbermouth is dragged from a rathole and his propaganda (along with everything else) is a burning trash heap in the desert.

i don't know about the rest of you. cycling

Jun 20, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF has the Tiger program figured out. ]

Out is painful to watch. The gamecocks are now the premier program in SC and NC?! How long before they take over the whole southeast?

Seems like good logic to me

Jun 20, 2018, 11:34 AM

I read the FGF thread and it seems as though they have concluded as a group that Clemson is elite, is recruiting the entire country, and that leaves an extra higher ranked recruit or two left for them in in the region and particularly in SC. Seems like a reasonable conclusion since that's what appears to be happening.

What's sad is that they have to discuss these things to make themselves feel better because, well let's face it...we own 'em and are gonna own them for the foreseeable future.

Oh yeah, and they forgot to mention that some of the higher ranked guys they are getting recently are apparently scared of a little competition, and don't want to have to actually earn a starting spot.

Jun 20, 2018, 12:57 PM

There is a huge talent gap but don't sleep on a Georgia boy. Muschamp is steady in his pursuit of excellence.

Steady??? He was fired after 4 seasons at Florida.

Jun 20, 2018, 4:37 PM

Keep up!

You sleep with Georgia boys? Makes sense***

Jun 20, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF has the Tiger program figured out. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 20, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FGF has the Tiger program figured out. ]

I hope you're just funning with us . Steady in his pursuit of excellence ? May be true ... but it's difficult to tell since he's never had any as a head coach .
Last year was fantastic for them . They have hope again . Their football souls for a proven loser .

Stay steady my friends .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I thought Muschamp was telling recruits to become a man they

Jun 20, 2018, 1:23 PM

Needed to move far away from home to go to school.

The truth is gamecock fans know you can’t build a championship program with a majority of your team from South Carolina, this state just doesn’t produce enough talent.

Jun 20, 2018, 2:42 PM

Leave the kiddos at home this Nov. The bloodbath that will happen on the field may not be appropriate for all audiences.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic