Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Explain how we've lost 4 of 6 games and remain on bubble?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Explain how we've lost 4 of 6 games and remain on bubble?

Mar 4, 2019, 11:12 AM

I thought we were on the bubble before we played Miami. After losing 4 of 6, I would have expected us to fall fully out of tourney projections. How is it that we only moved lower on the bubble?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Explain how we've lost 4 of 6 games and remain on bubble?

Mar 4, 2019, 11:20 AM

Because 68 teams is a LOT. Someone has to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2019, 11:27 AM

Close losses and some boost from the quad 1 victory over VTech before the loosing streak. But yeah it’s a head scratcher how long this bubble watch has been allowed to stretch on before completely bursting. Now a loss at ND and Clemson officially becomes a team not spoken about for the rest of the season (except for a momentary mention if they win the NIT).

Mar 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

Because there are only about 25-30 good basketball teams in the country.

Add AQs to that and you still need about 15 teams in the tourney.

It seems everyone else is competing to win the NIT instead of losing in the first round of the NCAAs.

All of the mid level teams are losing to the good teams. Then the mid level teams are going .500 against each other.

It's making it really hard to choose.

Exactly

Mar 4, 2019, 11:34 AM

There’s roughly 100 bubble teams and all of them keep losing so nobody is getting off the bubble one way or the other.

Mar 4, 2019, 12:07 PM

The same reason every SEC football team is a "Playoff" contender until Thanksgiving weekend, overrating the conference participants. We get the benefit of the ACC's basketball reputation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2019, 12:47 PM

Because the NCAA wants to ensure that the #1 team does not lose in the March Madness tourney. It's like a BYE game for #1.

That's the only logical thing I can think of.

Mar 4, 2019, 12:48 PM

Yeah, I think they are going to pair UMBC with UVA again just to make sure...

Mar 4, 2019, 1:03 PM

The mid-tier level power conference team are really, really weak right now and the NCAA do not want to add more 18-20 win mid-major conference teams. None of the bottom of the conference teams have streaked to displaced us and NCSU and Lville have been in a race to join us in the weak-maybe teams.

The middle/upper (aka non-top 3) of the A10 is weaker this year. Same with the AAC is weak, B12 is really weak, BE is weak. The SEC is week The PAC is a dumpster fire that is so bad they might have to give of SoCal's name.

The Big South is stronger (ish), go fig. But the ncaa isn't take four big south teams.

Bubble just means that... "maybe". We have not eliminated ourselves yet but also haven't played our selves in yet either.

because we have a chance to finish 9-9 in the league with

Mar 4, 2019, 1:59 PM

no bad losses and a good NET(replacement for RPI). No different from any other year. It's all the negative nancies on this board that keeps pre-maturely dismissing the team to the NIT without really paying attn to how the process has worked in the past and also how it works in the present

Just like football, there's very few decent teams now? ***

Mar 4, 2019, 2:23 PM

Mar 4, 2019, 2:42 PM

we're in the ACC, who has three top teams right now. As much as people bemoan the SEC and the bias for football, but we're on the receiving end right now for basketball.

It's a bit undeserved IMO, because we have been blowing games all season (ex NC State on the road), I don't see how we make it unless we snag a win or two in the ACC tournament over UVa, Duke, or UNC.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic