Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN: College football more than just Bama!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

ESPN: College football more than just Bama!

Nov 10, 2018, 10:16 AM

Bama is out if they lose!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN: College is more than just Bama!

Nov 10, 2018, 10:19 AM

Good luck convincing them of that.

Rece just pointed out that Alabama if they lost would have the worst SOS of the one loss teams and it was completely ignored.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 10:21 AM

Bama isn’t losing before the playoffs, so it’s a moot point anyway.

prob not but if they do and the rest win out they are done***

Nov 10, 2018, 10:53 AM

Re: ESPN: College is more than just Bama!***

Nov 10, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: College is more than just Bama! ]

Nov 10, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: College is more than just Bama! ]

I thought you and your handle were gone forever? I’m sure a read that somewhere.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN: College football more than just Bama!

Nov 10, 2018, 10:53 AM

Bama on upset alert today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 10:55 AM

If Bama does lose, can you honestly say that they aren't one of the best 4 teams in the nation? I can't.

Nov 10, 2018, 10:58 AM

True or not, they can't get the benefit of the doubt every year.

There has to be consequences for not winning your conference. it's really unfair to the other power 5 schools.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they lose twice they're probably still one of the best

Nov 10, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: College football more than just Bama! ]

four...but you can't put them in the playoff. There needs to be a balance between 'best' and most deserving, because best is far too subjective.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they lose twice they're probably still one of the best

Nov 10, 2018, 12:00 PM

I agree 100%. People defend the committee's decision last year, like with OSU the first year, because they won. Them winning does not mean that CFU last year or TCU the first year would not have done the same. Everybody wanted to argue that OSU was one of the top teams 2 years ago until we played them. I personally don't have a problem with Alabama making the CFP with a loss in the SEC championship, but not over an undefeated ND or Clemson, or a one loss Power 5 conference champ.

Nov 10, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: College football more than just Bama! ]

True, yet I wish they would put more on earning it on the field. Starting with winning your conference.

I agree! Seems like I read 3 or 4 years ago, that when the

Nov 10, 2018, 11:42 AM

playoff was being set up, some of the conferences preferred having only conference champ eligible for the playoff, but the SEC reps were adamantly against the. They thought if it was "best four", they could get two in most every year, and even possibly three sometimes!

Last year, they finally got their wish, and now are hoping for the same this year, although now unlikely.

As long as it's only a four team playoff, you should absolutely have to win your CCG, to be one of the four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is Bama going to lose? Not today.***

Nov 10, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN: College football more than just Bama! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic