Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think Hunter Renfrow has a legit shot at being drafted?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,930

Do you think Hunter Renfrow has a legit shot at being drafted?

Feb 25, 2017, 11:14 PM

I would think he would definitely be picked up by at least as a free agent but do you think he could get drafted when the time comes?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It depends

Feb 25, 2017, 11:17 PM

If our next quarterback can get him similar receptions, I would venture a yes.

Re: It depends

Feb 25, 2017, 11:44 PM

I agree on the qb thing. Wonder if the new guy will look to Renfrow who is sometimes the third option on a play

I have no way of knowing, but I think he stays for his SR yr

Feb 25, 2017, 11:21 PM

He's got hands like flypaper and gets great separation on his routes... Everybody needs a slot guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think Hunter Renfrow has a legit shot at being drafted?

Feb 25, 2017, 11:23 PM

I hope you are joking

Yes, but...

Feb 25, 2017, 11:33 PM

he really needs to bulk up some. Humphries is the same height but 15 lbs heavier. Around here you'll probably get a bunch of TD for even suggesting he's not a top 10 receiver but he's not your standard NFL size guy. I think he'll do better in the draft than Humphries and get called eventually.

Feb 5, 2021, 4:29 PM

When I think of Renfrow, I think about Adam Humphries. Tight route running, overlooked, and going to the right team- he could get a spot on special teams to start. The ability is there, I think his resume will help him more than anything. We know He's not the fastest, tallest, wingspan, etc. but He is - sneaky reliable. Again, I think his resume/film will help him, and film from NCP.

Feb 25, 2017, 11:49 PM

You're kidding right? I'd wager the Patriots have been scouting him for 2 years already. They love them some white boys in the slot! If hunter takes the weight room seriously this year and ups his calories while maintaining his speed / numbers... he's the next Edelman!

Feb 25, 2017, 11:55 PM

That's funny you say that, I was thinking of the Patriots as I was writing my post. Maybe Packers also. Brady has been using guys in the slot like Renfrow and winning super bowls. Whether you like them or not, it's the truth. I wish him the best, He has ability- and He's tough.

Run great routes -- sneaky fast -- got sticky hands. Yes.

Feb 26, 2017, 5:31 AM

He may not be Round 1 or 2 caliber, but he'll get his shot.

Clemson has a reputation for putting quality receivers into the league. He'll be a 4 year starter for WRU.

While not 'prototypical size', he's proved his value and abilities against the best college football has to offer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Run great routes -- sneaky fast -- got sticky hands. Yes.

Feb 26, 2017, 6:47 AM

I look at the guy, I see Steve Largent ...will he play, I think so. However Dabo needs to look at him as a graduate assistant....have never seen anyone on the field who never dropped a pass until this guy came along....if he could teach his technique it could help us a lot...this guy will be successful, no matter what he does

Re: Run great routes -- sneaky fast -- got sticky hands. Yes.

Feb 26, 2017, 7:08 AM

I don't know. Hunter is slight of build and takes a lot of hits in college. You see a lot of receivers get literally CLOCKED in the NFL who are much bigger than Hunter. Hunter does his thing in college and has survived. He may just want to go the coaching route and forego the physical pain. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but he can make a team***

Feb 26, 2017, 7:28 AM

He reminds me of Brandon Stokely ...***

Feb 26, 2017, 8:09 AM

Drafted by Ravens in the 4th round. Earned two Super Bowl rings. A favorite target of Peyton Manning when he moved to the Colts. His dad Nelson Stokely was a coach at Clemson for a while.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2017, 10:22 AM

Are you kidding me? Bill Belichik probably watches film of him with one hand down his pants, if you get my drift. He is Welkedelmandola 2.0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2017, 10:36 AM

People are going to be shocked where Renfrow clocks. He's sub-4.6, and is a lot faster than anyone realizes. He's also going to do very well in speed and agility drills. But white athletes are undervalued...in much the same way black coaches or black QB's still tend to be. (Hence Deshaun bristling some at the "dual threat" label.)

Renfrow's a better natural athlete than any of our WR's except for probably Deon Cain. He isn't big, and Cain is faster and more explosive while having similar body control, but except for maybe Ray Ray McCloud or Cornell Powell none of the other WR's approach Renfrow in terms of agility and body control. The guy can contort his body into almost any shape required to make the catch.

Renfrow plays the slot at Clemson, but he could also play the 2; Artavis Scott's old position. At Clemson, the 2-spot is the guy you feed, just get the ball in his hands with a screen or a toss and let him make yards after catch. Heck, I think with his playing IQ and ability to lay out he could do a serviceable job if he had to at the 9 - Mike Williams' old spot, the vertical guy.

He's an easy guy to miss because Clemson had - and still has - so many flashy guys around him, but he was every bit the weapon Williams, Scott, or Leggett was last year, and in crunch time when the game is on the line he tends to attract the football...because he's always open, and because he always makes the catch when you need it.

I think he'd be a value as a 3rd-or-4th-rounder. I doubt he goes quite that high but Renfrow's a guy who could play and start for 10 years in the league, and if you get that for a 3rd-or-4th-rounder you've just gotten a value.

Good write up quozzel

Feb 27, 2017, 10:01 AM

But I don't think he should change to the 2 spot or the the 9 spot. That's for Deon Cain and Ray Ray imo but you know a lot more about football than I do. I think he should stick in the slot where he's sneaky and usually always finds a way open. He has great hands, great work ethic and runs good routes I just don't know if he'll be drafted due to his size.

He reminds me of Steve Largent

Feb 26, 2017, 11:35 AM

Same height, great hands, route knowledge, fast and a keen observation to come back to the QB when under duress.
It's a knowledge and great visibility that gives this kind of receiver the ability to ascertain field situations quickly and make adjustments.
Sounds like a lot of hype, but it isn't hype when it's true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irrelevant

Feb 26, 2017, 11:52 AM

the probability that Renfrow plays in the NFL is at 100%.

I'd say more realistic that he goes undrafted but gets

Feb 26, 2017, 2:11 PM

picked up as a free agent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's not in the draft

Feb 27, 2017, 12:24 PM

let's get focused on spring practice.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,930
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive