Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AOC is a blight on Dems AND America!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

AOC is a blight on Dems AND America!

Feb 17, 2019, 4:51 PM

Fight me, Felix!

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/aoc-is-destroying-opportunity-for-fellow-democrats/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing what power a pissant freshman member of

Feb 17, 2019, 4:57 PM

Congress has.

The media is scared of her....,***

Feb 17, 2019, 5:00 PM

Apparently not the NY Post?***

Feb 17, 2019, 5:03 PM

I am not.

Feb 17, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to The media is scared of her....,*** ]

I'd spunk her.

-Nikoli

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Pretty sure you live your entire life frightened.***

Feb 18, 2019, 7:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

So all the heads of the major media outlets...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:33 AM [ in reply to The media is scared of her....,*** ]

Gathered around the table in the Hall of Doom and they all agreed they were frightened of this woman... because?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: So all the heads of the major media outlets...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:40 AM

The notion that people, especially Republican men, are "afraid" of her is hilarious and just shows that your feeble mind can only revolve around feminism and social justice warrior narratives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where exactly did I say y'all were afraid of her?

Feb 18, 2019, 9:10 AM

Do we need to have that reading comprehension discussion again?

Re: So all the heads of the major media outlets...

Feb 19, 2019, 5:02 AM [ in reply to Re: So all the heads of the major media outlets... ]

Conservatives definitely are not scared of her. They love her. They are using her as a weapon to label all Dems.

Using her as a weapon?

Feb 19, 2019, 8:21 AM

Naw man, I think most pubs are grabbing their popcorn and watching this walking timebomb serve up one self-inflicted wound after another on the Dem party.

It’s fun to watch the mainstream dems start to treat her like the racist uncle at Thanksgiving, doing everything they can to disassociate themselves from her.

The truly smart Pubs would be doing everything they could to keep her on page 1 for as long as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Using her as a weapon?

Feb 19, 2019, 12:33 PM

The Repubs just aren't sitting back and watching. They are using her to try and make all Dems look nuts. That's why the conservative media focuses on her so much. They are using her to defeat the Dems. They aren't just grabbing their popcorn and watching. They are focusing on her and using her a political weapon against the Dems. That's why Fox loves her.

As I said, the MSM is AFRAID to criticize her

Feb 18, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to So all the heads of the major media outlets... ]

You disagree?

Catahoula

There is literally a negative article about her

Feb 18, 2019, 8:11 AM

as the top story on Fox News' website every single day.

Prod, Prod, Prod.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:11 AM

C'mon man. Don't you know they only listen to Rush and Hannity without checking out any of these sources, and they just believe whatever those two men tell them to believe?

Re: There is literally a negative article about her

Feb 19, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to There is literally a negative article about her ]

Yeah but... its FOX news.

What about CNN, MSNBC, NBC, HuffPo, Vice, Buzz Feed, etc. etc.

I thought Fox News was the most popular one...

Feb 19, 2019, 12:24 PM

So I would certainly count them as "mainstream media"...unless "MSM" means something else I am not aware of.

Thanks for playing.

Feb 18, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to As I said, the MSM is AFRAID to criticize her ]

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyt-columnist-blasts-ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal

Re: As I said, the MSM is AFRAID to criticize her

Feb 19, 2019, 5:04 AM [ in reply to As I said, the MSM is AFRAID to criticize her ]

No they aren't. WHat would they be scared of? They just don't want to.

Come on...the media is absolutely in love with her.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:37 AM [ in reply to The media is scared of her....,*** ]

She's automatic money in the bank.

Re: AOC is a blight on Dems AND America!

Feb 17, 2019, 5:24 PM

well get used to it benagline, there is an entire politically aware generation arriving at voting age who is not pleased that the previous generations rang up 23 trillion in debt and left a giant shitsandwhich behind for them. stay the course is not even on the table.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, balm....politically aware?

Feb 17, 2019, 5:44 PM

Maybe so, but people like AOC are pretty ignorant in real life fiscal issues!
She has shown it issue after issue...
If you are in her camp, you ain’t winning!

Flower don't vote.

Feb 17, 2019, 6:21 PM

He just complains like all Libber assclowns.

-Tesla

Ha! So they support politicians like AOC? 23 trillion isn’t enough?***

Feb 17, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: AOC is a blight on Dems AND America! ]

null

Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would

Feb 17, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: AOC is a blight on Dems AND America! ]

lead to one supporting someone who proposed a plan that costs double our current national debt over 10 years, that costs 1/3 of our domestic GDP and that costs triple what we bring in via tax revenue year over year.

The real shitsandwich will come when these people are experiencing Greece-style austerity measures right here in the good old US due to repeatedly electing the politicians who best told them they were special and smart and pretty and deserved the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Feb 17, 2019, 6:32 PM

Since Amazon left NYC, AOC has a $3 Billion piggy bank to improve NYC infrastructure and pay people a living wage. She is going to make sure NYC hires 25,000-40,000 people instead of Amazon.

Not sure why NYC was sitting on such a huge pile of cash just waiting for Amazon.

Re: Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would

Feb 17, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would ]

How do you know how much the Green New Deal would cost when all we have is a vague resolution?

And we'll never have austerity.

Why do you say we’ll never have austerity?***

Feb 17, 2019, 10:15 PM

null

Because he has stated in the past we can just print more

Feb 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

money.

I'm not even going to try and explain it to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh come on.***

Feb 18, 2019, 1:42 PM

null

Re: Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would

Feb 17, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would ]

naw obed, the plan is to tax the wealthy ungodly amounts and dial down our defense spending to pay for a healthy, educated society.

But I like how you conflated the issue into a spending problem when a single payer system would actually cost less in the long run. I mean what we have now is such an utter clusterfuck, it is amazing anyone actually try to defend it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

Feb 18, 2019, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Ironic that being fed up with spending and debt would ]

But that's why I'm also puzzled Trump is still getting support and we're hearing things like, "Well but the economy is good and look at my 401k..."

The man is adding to our deficit.

There hasn't been a president on the last 50 years that

Feb 18, 2019, 11:07 AM

hasn't.

Obama doubled itls, and Trump is in line to continue that trend.

And?

Feb 18, 2019, 11:37 AM

When do Republicans say enough is enough?

Bragging about this economy doesn't mean much if Trump continues us down this road.

I doubt anyone will say enough is enough

Feb 18, 2019, 1:31 PM

until its the only thing to discuss. Since it was both republicans and democrats that got us into this mess, how is it up to republicans alone to get us out of it?

Re: I doubt anyone will say enough is enough

Feb 18, 2019, 1:38 PM

until its the only thing to discuss. Since it was both republicans and democrats that got us into this mess, how is it up to republicans alone to get us out of it?

The controlled all 3 branches of government up until January. It's there legislation that has pushed us so over the top in debt.

Say what? Obama doubled the debt in 8 years.

Feb 18, 2019, 5:22 PM

Didn't he have a say so in all that spending?

Republicans had the House for 6 years under obama, senate was only Repub for 2 years.

Because I don't expect the Democrats...

Feb 19, 2019, 1:22 AM [ in reply to I doubt anyone will say enough is enough ]

To solve the problem as they don't see it as a problem. They continue down this road.

The GOP constantly talks about fixing it yet doesn't seem to practice what they preach. So I put the burden on them. We know the Dems will do nothing.

BAAAAHAHAHAHA

Feb 17, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: AOC is a blight on Dems AND America! ]

Flower plays the voting card. GD thats MFn hilarious.

-Doc

Feb 19, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: AOC is a blight on Dems AND America! ]

LOL

Do people not realize how this works now?

Feb 18, 2019, 7:02 AM

The ONLY reason she is having the influence she is having is because cable "news," especially Fox News, are plastering her face and voice on everything at every opportunity. The ONLY reason they are doing that is because putting extreme stuff on the "news" drives up ratings.

People need to turn that junk off of their TV. It's really hurting the country.

Re: Do people not realize how this works now?

Feb 18, 2019, 7:15 AM

I'd add people need to hear about her stupidity.

And it isn't only Fox news, MSNBC loves some AOC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, people don't need to hear it.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:29 AM

Her constituents need to hear it so they can vote properly, but we don't. At least I know I don't.

How many other freshman Congressional representatives can you name off the top of your head? I bet the number is less than 5. And the ones you can name are probably the ones saying dumb stuff, because that's what they put on the "news".

This is how President Trump got elected. He said the most extreme things, so he got by far the most air time, and eventually people started to think that's what they really wanted, because he was the one making the libbies the most mad.

You see this at play now, where liberal people are starting to think her ideas are good, just because she's the ones making the conservatives the most mad, and she's the one who's leading the charge every time you turn on the TV or "news" websites.

She's definitely a media creation.***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Do people not realize how this works now? ]

GO TIGERS!!

I think she's more of a blight on the American electorate.***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:55 AM

GO TIGERS!!

NY’s 14th for sure.***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 AM

She's different for sure. Way far left for my taste but spunky enough to get her message out there. It's clear that the vast majority of American's don't go along with here more radical thinking but I don't think she's anyone to be afraid of. Media makes boogie-men out of different people to generate viewership.

There is plenty of room in the marketplace of ideas to accomodate her and those to far, far right of her.

America lives in the middle. There will always be far left and far right.

George Wallace ran for President, remember?

Feb 19, 2019, 5:09 AM

"Media makes boogie-men out of different people to generate viewership."

The conservative media is using her to defeat the Dems.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic