Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do Bama fans really like Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Do Bama fans really like Saban

Jan 18, 2019, 5:52 PM

Like we do Swinney? I mean he rarely smiles and rarely seems to enjoy his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like? I don't know. Worship, I can confirm, yes!***

Jan 18, 2019, 6:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Believe me, Bama fans love Saban and believe that Dabo will

Jan 18, 2019, 6:14 PM

replace him when Saban decides on his own terms to move on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do Bama fans really like Saban

Jan 18, 2019, 6:15 PM

Everybody "likes" a winner!

You see it in H.S. ball sometimes where a school keeps a coach who, " is a great guy " but his winning percentage is in the can. It's getting more and more rare to see it.
Winning mask a lot of "funk"!
There is plenty to dislike about Saban from the outside looking in. But, the winning he does, keeps people from fully seeing those flaws!

Ask the same question if he has back to back 4 win seasons, LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:28 PM

Or loses 3 more in a row to Dabo and the Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 6:18 PM

He's a means to an end. They love bragging and feeling superior and entitled by winning football games. They don't have to like him.

Dabo is also a means to an end. But his end isn't just winning at football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2019, 6:28 PM

Do you think Nick goes out to bum fight when he is really wound up? Maybe he punts puppies or burns cats? I respect the guy, but like him????? Come on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They like his Titles, that's for sure. As long as he keeps

Jan 18, 2019, 7:06 PM

winning, he is golden as far as they are concerned. But, just to show how spoiled they have gotten, did you hear what the Finnedbomb caller said the day after the Natty?

"You know what I call this 14-1 season at Alabama, Pawwwl? AN EPIC FAILURE! That's what I call it, an epic #### failure!"

God help them when Bama loses two games and misses the playoffs, which could (although I personally don't think so) happen next year. Venables and staff have given all the slow witted SEC Defensive Coordinators a solid blueprint on how to take Bama down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They like his Titles, that's for sure. As long as he keeps

Jan 18, 2019, 7:12 PM

76er® I might very well happen next season. Sarkisian is a lot more predictable than the guys they had calling plays last year! Remember before this past season they were 3 yards and a cloud of dust. They will pretty much go back to being that; with the one exception being - they don't seem to be the same defensively as they usually are!

Could be major trouble if Any of the SEC schools can mount an offense! The best team in the SEC west could very well be Texas A & M next season; which would be great. Especially after we beat them here! They have to get a new DC as of today as well!

Jan 18, 2019, 11:03 PM

If TA&M is the best team in the sec west,and we beat them in Death Valley, it's very likely that we'll play them again in the CFP. How great will that be?

Jan 18, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to They like his Titles, that's for sure. As long as he keeps ]

Yes , B.V. has shown everyone how to do it , but it may not be that easy to do.
B. V. is definitely a defensive genius and we are extremely lucky to have him .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:35 PM

I thought I heard that Georgia, or Oklahoma, or somebody had shown BV how to do it. You know, so he can't take credit for anything since he was just copy-catting.

Just like the coots showed how to pass on our secondary and that was copied to great effect by Notre Dame and Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2019, 7:51 PM

tiger_swimmer® I will go to my grave believing "they baited the poor fools into believing" our pass D was that week. And, it wasn't for Pitt! It was for whoever we played in the playoffs eyes to go out and try! LOL! You know; b/c coaches watch film and take things that work and use it and stuff!
I'll never believe it. Toying with them making them feel like they was doing something. Like your dad landing a fish, then letting you reel it in!

Jan 18, 2019, 7:24 PM

I think he falls under the “He’s an @$$hole, but he’s OUR @$$hole.” category.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:41 PM

This^^^^Hilarious!

I think that was actually Don Henley's quote about

Jan 18, 2019, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Do Bama fans really like Saban ]

David Geffen.

"He may be Satan, but he's OUR Satan."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Do Bama fans really like Saban ]

That's the sec mantra.

I don't think Saban likes Saban***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:04 PM

Like Florida fans liked Spurrier.***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:30 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic