Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone else think the game today reminded them of the...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,150

Did anyone else think the game today reminded them of the...

Sep 29, 2018, 9:32 PM

LSU game? We lost a key player early due to injury. We had the miracle 4th down pass play. We pulled the game out late. Both teams played a physical hard fought game. The win required a Herculean effort by ETN similar to Taj's at LSU. Both will be key wins in Clemson history.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: Did anyone else think the game today reminded them of the...

Sep 29, 2018, 9:34 PM

LSU game? We lost a key player early due to injury. We had the miracle 4th down pass play. We pulled the game out late. Both teams played a physical hard fought game. The win required a Herculean effort by ETN similar to Taj's at LSU. Both will be key wins in Clemson history.

I don’t want to throw shade or be contrite, but this win today is not going to be a key win for us. It would have been a key loss, but that does not make it a key win.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:38 PM

Disagree completely. Wins like this build the character and chemistry of teams. This is especially true after the events this week which probably hurt the chemistry of team.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

on the surface, you're right.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone else think the game today reminded them of the... ]

We'll lose points in the polls, no doubt. However, after the distractions of the week and TL getting knocked out and being behind double digits to a team that's been scoring 50-60 points a game, it was a huge game when all is said and done. This game was bigger for our team than it will look to 99% of college football fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: on the surface, you're right.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:54 PM

owensb01® said:

We'll lose points in the polls, no doubt. However, after the distractions of the week and TL getting knocked out and being behind double digits to a team that's been scoring 50-60 points a game, it was a huge game when all is said and done. This game was bigger for our team than it will look to 99% of college football fans.

I see what you’re saying. I think it was rather important to get the win but just not a program building win. Personal opinion :)

Re: on the surface, you're right.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to on the surface, you're right. ]

owensb01® said:

I see what you’re saying. I think it was rather important to get the win but just not a program building win. Personal opinion :)

Sep 29, 2018, 9:34 PM

Reminded me a little of the 2005 Texas amu game. A lot of people forget that Charlie was knocked out of that game.

Today's 4th down pass was not a miracle. It was a well executed perfect pass and catch.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:37 PM

But i get the sentiment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

this certainly was a good win

Sep 29, 2018, 9:46 PM

For the Tigers but we will have to see how Syracuse does from here on out to see if was a great win. It was a home game and that doesn’t help. We may drop to four or five this week.

Re: this certainly was a good win

Sep 29, 2018, 9:48 PM

Penn State is beating Urban And that will affect things. Hard for me to pull for State Penn but I’m no buckeye either

Sep 29, 2018, 9:54 PM

I think when the poll people vote they will look at it as Clemson can still win with 3rd string QB and running game so they must be pretty good. I could be wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: this certainly was a good win ]

That lead won’t hold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 29, 2018, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: this certainly was a good win ]

I’m pulling for Penn St and Stanford

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Who cares if we drop in meaningless polls?

Sep 29, 2018, 9:51 PM [ in reply to this certainly was a good win ]

The committee will see that win for what it was under pretty adverse circumstances

Sep 29, 2018, 10:03 PM

There are certainly a few parallels there, although all I could think about were the many times before we've lost our QB. We lost Watson in two games in the same season (Louisville/GT) and of course, KB last year to Cuse. I always try to be optimistic when we have to turn to our backup QBs. I was optimistic last year when we turned to Zerrick/Hunter, but unfortunately, we didn't make the plays. Again today, I was optimistic when we turned to Brice, and I am extremely pleased that they were able to overcome all of the adversity of the week and day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic