Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Departing Players - Some Cases - Will Get No Support From Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Departing Players - Some Cases - Will Get No Support From Me

May 26, 2019, 4:39 AM

In some cases, players transferring out makes sense, & it's hard to find fault with them - like a Hunter Johnson perhaps.

Others - I will not be supporting at their future schools.

Kelly Bryant: He acted like a 10-year-old. Pouting like a kid, quitting, and the comment he made, "It was like a slap in the face." Whatever he did for us previously, he threw away with his classless departure. I hope he loses every game with Mizzou - EXCEPT- when he plays Scar. I hope he & Mizzou destroy the Coots. Beyond that, I'd like to see their record 1-11.

T. Feaster: Everything he wants to achieve in his final year could be done at Clemson. He claimed to have all this confidence heading into '19. So, if his confidence is at an all-time high, why not stick with CU? Most of what he said just doesn't ring true. Seems very possible he'll go to the enemy. That'd be unforgivable. Like if toward the end of WWII, when the Nazies were essentially beaten, Gen. Patton had said, "Well Ike, I'm switching to the Nazi's. They're making me an SS Field Marshall." If Feaster flips & goes "Coot" - then I hope he's their 4th or 5th string back, gets about 100 yards in '19 - minus 50 yards vs CU & fumbles 3 times. His last game would be against us - so, if he goes with them - I hope he fades out of FB forever & we steamroll him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Departing Players - Some Cases - Will Get No Support From Me

May 26, 2019, 6:57 AM

Tbh, KB regrets what he said, and has talked with Dabo about it. If Dabo is good with it, I have no issue.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

So, he made that statement publicly, on the record, but can only apologize for it privately. OK.

Hmmm...that's pretty harsh!

May 26, 2019, 6:58 AM

s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 7:03 AM

I hear what you're saying, and personally, don't like the whole transfer portal.

I would have liked for Kelley Bryant and Feaster to have stayed at Clemson too. But, I won't begrudge a kid who's graduated for wanting more playing time and transferring.

I'll give you that KB acted like a petulant child, and Feaster made some head-scratching comments of his own. But, they're young men who are entitled to their opinions (even if I don't agree) and are entitled to do what they think is in their best interests. I refuse to hate them because I don't agree with their opinions, that's ridiculous. We have enough of that already in our society.

You don't have to like it or even support them. But, don't hate them.

Dabo's handled it the right way, like an adult. You don't always agree with your kid's decisions, but you still love them in spite of them.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 10:44 AM

How are we to determine when someone expressing there opinion (which you say they are entitled to do) becomes an expression of hate?

Never said a word about hate

May 26, 2019, 12:29 PM

I said no "support." Hate would be wanting them hurt, which is not what I said. But support & "Do well, friend," no.

Re: Never said a word about hate

May 26, 2019, 4:10 PM

"But don't hate them." implies that someone DOES hate them.

May 26, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Departing Players - Some Cases - Will Get No Support From Me ]

Not having much respect for someone or their actions is not the same as "hating" them. Fans have a right to their opinions. I don't wish either of them well. Does anyone actually believe that Bryant or Feaster wish Clemson Well?? If so, I've got some really nice swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

May 26, 2019, 12:10 PM

Why would they not wish Clemson well. They have buddies they played three years with. I think the Tigers that travelled to Missouri for KBs spring game are perfect examples of how they would act. In a mature fashion.

May 26, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Departing Players - Some Cases - Will Get No Support From Me ]

I will support all the players that have chosen to move on. They know their circumstances and I do not. I do not need any negativity in my life and look at the positive...we get to provide other great kids an opportunity whether it is a walk on a scholarship or add another commit or two.

Good luck guys and GO Clemson!

I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over your opinion

May 26, 2019, 7:26 AM

Take a stroll over to the Twitter and see what their Clemson TEAMMATES have to say about their decisions and let that guide your attitude.

If the guys they are “abandoning” understand the reasons why these Clemson graduates are moving on, who are we as fans to judge them?

Re: I’m sure they’ll lose sleep over your opinion

May 26, 2019, 12:06 PM

Having an opinion is not "judging." And, I don't need to be guided in my opinions.

May 26, 2019, 7:31 AM

Hate eats at the soul of every man and he is the only one that truly suffers.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Joe, you are wise beyond your years.

May 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feaster wants 15-20 touches per game

May 26, 2019, 7:33 AM

to showcase himself for the next level. How is he getting that here? You see him beating our ETN? The guy will graduate with two National Titles.

The only thing I'd wish bad for him is a loss if he plays us

Re: Feaster wants 15-20 touches per game

May 26, 2019, 9:35 AM

Y’all may call them “ young men.” I call them selfish children who will always whine over something. I ain’t pulling for them .

Re: Feaster wants 15-20 touches per game

May 26, 2019, 9:47 AM

I’ll pull for KB. He acted like a selfish child with his comments but acted like an adult who realized he made a mistake. He seems genuine in that he loves Clemson let his emotions get the best of him. I’m guessing no one here can say the hasn’t happened to them at some point.

Feaster, go to the Coots and it’s done. I won’t wish ill will to the kid but I will certainly hope he never wins another game. You don’t wear 28 and do what he does (assuming he goes to UofSC). This isn’t the NFL of years past that features RB. He could have easily stayed and made it to the NFL. You think they can’t identify talent?

So he should stay here for 5-8 touches

May 26, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Feaster wants 15-20 touches per game ]

per game? ETN is the star here, nothing other than injury is changing that. Why would you begrudge someone who has given their all and graduated a chance to better prepare for their dream?

Re: So he should stay here for 5-8 touches

May 26, 2019, 10:48 AM

scar has 3 senior RBs on their roster. Are they going to welcome him with open arms and give him their touches?

Re: So he should stay here for 5-8 touches

May 26, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to So he should stay here for 5-8 touches ]

Poor baby. Sob. Give me a beak.

Departing players is normal part of recruiting of a

May 26, 2019, 9:54 AM

Successful program.

Not everybody is going to be a 4 year starter

KB said some dumb stuff but for the others.. I try to have a little perspective. put yourself in their shoes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 9:54 AM

I’m sure these guys will be devastated not to have your support...probably lose a lot of sleep over it.

Seriously, you ever leave one job to take another? Ever say something, especially when a young person, that you may have regretted later? Ever thankful that others haven’t always judged you by one or two bad moments?

I think you are being petty and taking these things way too seriously and personally. Perspective...

Both KB and TF are Clemson Alums...

May 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

KB made regrettable comments but everything is now cool with the coaches and players. But, yes...dumbchit immature comments came from him. I plan to be supportive of KB. TF wants to give it a go somewhere else. He's got his degree and fulfilled his obligation so let it go.

But if you want to talk about a departing case where you might want to pull support why not start with Josh Belk? Talk about someone who wasted everyone's time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both KB and TF are Clemson Alums...

May 26, 2019, 10:55 AM

I read somewhere that Feaster would graduate in August and was attending both sessions of summer school. I know it's wrong to do, but I assumed he needed those credits to graduate. And he has to graduate to transfer or apply for a hardship exemption if he doesn't graduate.

If he's already a graduate why not transfer now and get into his new team's summer workouts?

August like you said....maybe I shouldn't have made...

May 26, 2019, 11:03 AM

...him "alum automatic". He's on track and if he doesn't get his Clemson degree because of changing schools then my opinion of the situation changes.

You seem petty and hateful.

May 26, 2019, 10:01 AM

Maybe that’s not what you are trying to communicate, at least I hope it isn’t.

These are young men who are trying to figure out what is best for their futures. Both are Clemson alums and by all accounts, they represented Clemson well while they were here. I admit to being angry with what Bryant said when he left, but he was hurt and said some things in the heat of the moment that he regrets. We’ve all been there.

I hope both Bryant and Feaster do well at their next stops, unless they are playing against us of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agree to some extent but it's a new era.

May 26, 2019, 10:38 AM

We'll have to get used to it. Makes college more like the pros, which I hate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope it doesn't become like the NFL

May 26, 2019, 11:01 AM

Todays "heros" are tomorrow's "villains". Let's hope that Clemson continues to be such an awesome place that players never want to leave.

May 26, 2019, 10:55 AM

Yeah, imagine the nerve of those guys trying to do what is in theirs and their families best interest over the next ten years of their playing years. The nerve.

You know, the same could be said about you my friend. You love them as long as they follow what you want them to do, but when they do what is in their interest, you attack and abandon them.

You play behind a generational qb or behind the best RB in the country hot shot, see how that works out for you.

Shame on you, you are no Clemson man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In retrospect KB did us a favor

May 26, 2019, 11:05 AM

If he had stayed there would have been more ongoing drama and TL would have received less experience. I also think the Syracuse scare actually helped us on many levels.

I wish no ill toward Feaster - he graduated and did a great job for the Tigers. If he wants more playing time I get it.

Re: In retrospect KB did us a favor

May 26, 2019, 12:13 PM

Evidently he doesn't care about the program he's leaving. Also I feel the portal is an intitlement program for these kids whom expect it

Agree with that..Bryant did us a favor by leaving. If he

May 26, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to In retrospect KB did us a favor ]

stayed and was getting mostly mop up time, he could very well have been a distraction in the locker room. Even if not a distraction, he instead of Brice would have been playing vs Syracuse, after TL got hurt. Who knows how that would have turned out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As for KB, I didn't like his "slap in the face" comment or

May 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

associated attitude. It showed a lack of maturity, and it was poorley handled in my opinion. Having said that, I don't blame him one bit for moving on to a place where he can get more PT in his final year; he was not going to get that here. He led us to a National Championship game, is a Clemson grad, and remains close to many of our current players. I hope he will learn from all of this and some day realize his whole "slap in the face" thing was wrong. In the mean time, I wish him well and hope he has a great year at Mizoo. As for Feaster, I don't agree with, or should I say, I don't understand his decision quite as much, as he was going to get a lot of PT this season on perhaps the highest profile team in the country. Still, he has played an important, significant role for us. He will have his degree this summer, and I can understand if he is ready to move on. It's a very personal decision and there may be other factors we aren't aware of or would not understand. Coaches have had nothing but praise for him, and he is obviously a very, very talented RB and I'm sure will get a shot in the NFL. Aside from a game in which he may play against us (Coots?), I will pull for him as well. All of this talk about Nazi's is a terrible analogy. I know you are trying to make a point, but it's a poor example; it's not the same at all. The rivalries are serious, up to a point, but in the end, football is a game; it is a means to an end. Let's enjoy it, let's live and breathe it, but let's not make it more than what it is. These young people are making tough decisions that may or may not be the ones we would make, and they may not be the best decsions, but let's not demonize them because of it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 26, 2019, 1:21 PM

I wish them well because they never good
enough to start for Clemson in 2019 !

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic