Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dems offered Trump 20 billion for his wall, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,141

Dems offered Trump 20 billion for his wall, but...

Dec 21, 2018, 7:28 PM

the Dems wanted a deal for DACA though. Trump said no. Now he is just asking for 5 billion and he will get nothing. What exactly did the Dems want? Also, was that poor negotiating by Trump?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dems offered Trump 20 billion for his wall, but...

Dec 21, 2018, 7:38 PM

Nope. Hold firm and let them implode.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 7:56 PM

I don't think will implode though. You could be correct, but I think the Dems should just stick to Mex paying for the wall. They also can offer their old deal again. I don't think the Dems have much to worry about. I could be wrong obviously.

Dec 21, 2018, 10:28 PM

I’ll pay $4 more for a hamburger if we can get a wall and get rid of these ######, drug trafficking, drinking and driving pieces of trash out of our country. Stand in line and become a citizen or get shot when trying to enter my house. That’s how I feel and I am not alone as this is why Trump was elected. I don’t give a dayum who pays for it. Build it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 10:44 PM

coming unhinged are we?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dems offered Trump 20 billion for his wall, but... ]

You said the quiet part loud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Dems offered Trump 20 billion for his wall, but... ]

Where are all these Hispanics at causing all these problems? I don’t see them around my town.

I don’t necessarily think the wall is a bad idea but this wouldn’t even be an issue if Trump didn’t make it one.

I might be wrong but that's not what I remember.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:11 PM

I remember them having a deal but it was complicated by pubs and the democrat voters complicated the issue not wanting compromise.

http://time.com/4942123/donald-trump-daca-dreamers-democrats-deal/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only real problem I have with this is that...

Dec 23, 2018, 11:14 AM

the DACA kids are being used like a pawn by both parties and the POTUS. Imo, this is godless behavior by all of them. I should move them up on my prayer list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only real problem I have with this is that...

Dec 23, 2018, 11:21 AM

I support making the current dreamers citizens and then closing the door on future ones. It seems like common sense. According to Memphis down below, Trump agreed to that aspect, but Dems had other demands that were too much.

I don't believe the pubs want to...

Dec 23, 2018, 12:01 PM

lay that chip on the table either. Both are holding back on something which isn't a political win for them. The dems passed up a great opportunity to give those kids their dream during Obama's tenure. Pubs did the same during the last two years.

This is enough to make a preacher cuss.

Dec 22, 2018, 9:02 PM

Trump offered a 10yr path for them to gain citizenship. They balked on chain migration and asylum seekers, which Trump took care of as well. It was handed to them on a silver platter. Go find some facts, because you're not providing any here.

Dec 23, 2018, 11:18 AM

Who said I was trying to provide facts? I asked questions. I was asking why he didn't want the old deal. They couldn't negotiate a deal. I get that. I was wondering what the prob was. He will never get a better deal. It also seems the Dems will never get a better deal either. They should have just agreed on that deal. We would all be better off imo. As of now we will get nowhere.

I offered a comprehensive plan to stop...

Dec 23, 2018, 12:09 PM

illegal immigration and give every illegal within our border a path to citizenship and not one single person here would give it serious consideration. That's the pulse of the nation, imo. Other than most of us being more intelligent and giving these issues deeper thoughts than the general public we are typical.

No one wants to give an inch even though I gave legitimate reasons for each and every part of my proposal. All I got was a very few condescending comments and I'm positive no one is about to give any legitimate offer consideration.

This problem is only going to get worse. It's a cancer which is eating away at our sovereignty. As goes that so also goes our freedom.

Meanwhile, Carlsbad makes a claim he can't prove

Dec 24, 2018, 7:59 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Meanwhile, Carlsbad makes a claim he can't prove

Dec 24, 2018, 7:09 PM

Just what the news is reporting. That's all the proof I have. Whether it is fact is not known. I pointed out that I didn't know all the nuances of the deal. Okay it was 20 billion. Trump turned it down due to DACA supposedly.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/01/democrats-schumer-trump-border-wall-daca/551288/

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,141
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic