Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seminoles quietly part ways with Josh Ball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Seminoles quietly part ways with Josh Ball

May 31, 2018, 9:13 PM

I hear a lot of good things about Willie Taggart as a person and players' coach...I heard exactly the opposite about Jimbo. One of the main areas where Jimbo was clashing with John Thrasher, the new(ish) prez of FSU, was that Thrasher was thoroughly disgusted by the culture of permissiveness that had grown up around the FSU program and had been nurtured along by Jimbo & Co...FSU was surpassed as #MeToo offenders only by Baylor; the Noles usually even had Tennessee beat in the Fulmer Cup competition for Most Chicks Beat Up & Dragged Into the Bushes In One Calendar Year.

Josh Ball was more of same - I had a friend who worked for the Tallahassee Democrat who had some stories about this guy, some of them seriously bad - but he was their starting left tackle and FSU's coaches were duly protecting him, despite the fact that he had (cough) allegedly gone stone-cold stalker on more than one girlfriend and had actually (allegedly, I'm being careful here and I don't know how much of this has made the papers and I really don't wanna get a libel suit) kidnapped one of them. I dunno exactly what happened then but there was some really creepy scene where he was apparently lying on the floor threatening to kill himself...the girl (allegedly) called the cops and some coaches from the FSU staff showed up instead, and they attended to Ball and allegedly convinced the girl not to go all Erica Kinsman and call the Feds, which she probably should have done. Since she didn't want to get harassed right off campus like Kinsman had by the FSU faithful, she shut her yap. Right before the Clemson game, Ball had some really odd closed-door hearing where he got some kind of triple-secret probation...whatever, he suited up and was on the field for the Clemson game.

How it goes, in Tally. Taggart does have his hands full.

Not sure what went down this time - though we can guess - but apparently Taggart had enough of this crazy man. ESPN is now reporting Ball is (quietly) gone from FSU, which is probably a pretty good job on Taggart's part, since his prior behavior indicated it might have taken a SWAT team to remove this guy from campus.

Be real interesting to see where this cat winds up. I would bet: somewhere. 6'8" left tackles who can start at FSU as freshmen don't exatly fall off trees. But any future program who claims they don't know what they're getting here is a flat-out liar.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23663616/florida-state-seminoles-offensive-lineman-josh-ball-no-longer-roster

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seminoles quietly part ways with Josh Ball

May 31, 2018, 9:21 PM

Sounds like (as sad as it is) that he’d be right at home at willy b. Wouldn’t surprise me at all, once they know he’s available.

Then again he may fit better at uga.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Korncoot is on the phone with Momma right now.

May 31, 2018, 9:31 PM

Allegedly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 1, 2018, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Seminoles quietly part ways with Josh Ball ]

Louisville?

May 31, 2018, 9:49 PM

Come on guys. He's going to Louisville, Auburn, or Baylor.

Dear T-Net Mods,

May 31, 2018, 9:59 PM

Why is Quozzel not on staff? Dude has as much insight and great writing as some of these hack bloggers we see these days.

Or perhaps is Quozzel a David Hood burner account?

#giveQuozajob

Re: Dear T-Net Mods,

May 31, 2018, 10:39 PM

nope main rule of writing, keep it short and to the point, have never read one of his post from start to finish

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 11:05 PM

U prolly made a good point, but I got tired and quit halfway...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nonsense, I love his inside stories!***

Jun 1, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear T-Net Mods, ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear T-Net Mods, ]

You don’t know what you’re missing...dude is by far the most knowledgeable poster on this board.

There are times that I see a really long post and I’m ready to skip it...but I check to see if Quozzel wrote it...and if so, I read it. ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stick to Twotter...***

Jun 1, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear T-Net Mods, ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Always love to hear from Quozzel

May 31, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Dear T-Net Mods, ]

His way of writing draws vivid pictures, and he always brings fantastic insight.

Well he's wrong a lot, so there's that.

Jun 1, 2018, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Dear T-Net Mods, ]

Is being wrong a good reason to not hire someone as a staff writer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, at least he posts about Clemson related sports topics,

Jun 1, 2018, 10:24 AM

which beats the #### out of all the goofy crap posted ad nauseam by the same posters over and over and over... day after day, year after year... little inside jokes that weren't even remotely humorous the first 10,000 times they were posted...

So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

That Caddyshack quote has been posted

Jun 1, 2018, 10:50 AM

ad nauseam by the same posters over and over and over...day after day, year after year...a movie quote that wasn't even remotely funny the first 10,000 times it was posted here.

Come on, you can do better. Care for a mulligan?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That Caddyshack quote has been posted

Jun 1, 2018, 10:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: That Caddyshack quote has been posted

Jun 1, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to That Caddyshack quote has been posted ]

LOL. Yeah sure. Me posting that quote once is exactly the same thing. You got me there.

And I'll take you up on the offer of a mulligan. I'd like to rephrase the Caddyshack quote:

"She has that going for her, which is nice."

See what I did there? I referred to a guy as "her". This is one of y'alls tried-and-true knee slappers, usually worth about a dozen thumbs up. So come on, be fair... render unto Caesar...

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Let's read your last closing argument...***

Jun 1, 2018, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Well he's wrong a lot, so there's that. ]

May 31, 2018, 10:25 PM

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2018/05/31/offensive-tackle-josh-ball-no-longer-fsu-football-roster/661178002/

Muschamp, Louisville, and Auburn will be all over him***

May 31, 2018, 10:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Muschamp, Louisville, and Auburn will be all over him***

May 31, 2018, 11:06 PM

Who wouldn’t want to go somewhere you don’t have to work hard and can go to Five Points to get drunk and/or shot??

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Muschamp, Louisville, and Auburn will be all over him***

Jun 1, 2018, 12:25 AM

Muscoot will take him in a heartbeat. No problem with his criminal activity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2018, 12:47 AM

I'm not so sure Taggart gets credit for this one. From what I've heard he was basically thrown out of the school for violations of the student conduct policy in the same way any of us would be, which also obviously removed him from the football team.

It sounded like this was all pending one final hearing but maybe that has already happened or maybe Taggart told him not to bother fighting it.

Jun 1, 2018, 7:25 AM

Josh would be the Bell of the Ball if he wound up at scar.

He will not end up at USC

Jun 1, 2018, 9:06 AM

It’s the university of shoddy coaching, not second chances.

This kid needs a life and PR reset. Only one place will give him a chance to fully redeem himself: Notre Dame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Jun 1, 2018, 9:14 AM

Good to see FSU evolving from behavioral suggestions to standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to....(UGAy, USuCk, Awbarn, Ol Misses,...SEtC...)***

Jun 1, 2018, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome to....(UGAy, USuCk, Awbarn, Ol Misses,...SEtC...)***

Jun 1, 2018, 12:24 PM

I could be wrong but if he has anything on his record about domestic violence he wouldn't be allowed to go to an SEC school as they have a conference policy (probably put in place to help coaches who can't help themselves like Auburn and USC)

My guess would be Louisville would be his first call. Then maybe a AAC or conference USA school.

Jun 1, 2018, 3:23 PM

So, we lost our Johnson and the Noles have been "deBalled". I'm telling you it's rough in the ACC these days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic