Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 or Trevor, Fr yr...who ya taking?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

DW4 or Trevor, Fr yr...who ya taking?

Oct 31, 2018, 8:08 AM

A healthy DW4 VS Trevor...which do you pick to play LSU in the Orange Bowl this year? Who gives us a better chance to win, same stage of their careers?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 or Trevor, Fr yr...who ya taking?

Oct 31, 2018, 8:11 AM

Rotate back and forth.

Oct 31, 2018, 8:24 AM

You can't really compare the two. Both do things very differently. But I do know we would clap LSU with whoever we went with

Oct 31, 2018, 8:25 AM

Flip a coin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 8:31 AM

either.. it all depends on how we wanta beat em.

Oct 31, 2018, 9:43 AM

Probably Tajh.

History would be on your side... He wore them out....***

Oct 31, 2018, 1:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 10:07 AM

I would have to give DW4 the nod over anybody. He has the immeasurable edge in strength of character. I would trust him, and I know for a fact he is not going to bring shame on an organisation. I have no reason to suspect TLaw will either, but he is less known at this time. How will he handle success. How will he handle failure. Can we trust him to always do the right thing for the team, even at a personal cost. There is a lot of reasons to like DW4, beyond football...you know he will not be seen in handcuffs during the off season. We know what he has been through with his Mother and how well grounded he is. We just do not yet know all this for Trevor Lawrence.

Uh, yes... we DO know that about Trevor Lawrence

Oct 31, 2018, 10:14 AM

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to what he's said, but he isn't going to end up in handcuffs in the offseason. And as far as dealing with adversity... HELLLLLOOOO???? Have you been under a rock this season? Are you at all aware of what happened with the team the week of the Syracuse game, and what happened TO TL IN THAT GAME??? As for handling success, again... do you pay any attention to the things he's said? Good grief Charlie Brown!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, yes... we DO know that about Trevor Lawrence

Oct 31, 2018, 10:25 AM

Agree with you Flying. Look at what Gage said about TL yesterday. He's humble. He's a "servant leader." Not everyone has that said about them.

Re: Uh, yes... we DO know that about Trevor Lawrence

Oct 31, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Uh, yes... we DO know that about Trevor Lawrence ]

I get your point, and we know as much about TLaw now as we did at this point in DW4's freshman year. It is however hard if not impossible to just ignore what we do know now about DW4. It is kind of difficult to just blank my memory of the DW4 that we all saw as both a junior and senior and just make the decision on what we know or knew as a freshman. As a passer, so far the accuracy is fairly equal, but DW4 was more likely to be intercepted. DW4 was clearly a better runner, and needed to be with the OL we had then, so with that OL we had then DW4 is likely better. Our OL is better now, so running ability is less vital with a QB that releases the ball as fast as TLaw. TLaw is probably better with todays OL.

Absolutely DW.

Oct 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

Trevor might end up being the best that ever played, but I'm still taking a healthy freshman Deshaun over Trevor right now. He beat USUCK on one leg as a freshman. He definitely didn't have the supporting cast that TL has right now.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Oct 31, 2018, 12:23 PM

I would rather have DW4 where he is right now in his career.

Health along with other factors make the comparisions...

Oct 31, 2018, 12:53 PM

challenging when considering the two. We could argue all day without changing any minds because it's so subjective. Imo, Trevor is better now than DW was after his 4th start.

Don't come back at me with numbers, everything has changed. Opponents, our RB, WR, D-line and OC(s) aren't the same. The entire exercise is exhausting because there's no way to exhaust the exercise. It all comes down to personal opinion and subjective factors which confound a proper evaluation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic