Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DT - Elite DT Play Separates Teams. Our Depth @ The Pos.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,776

DT - Elite DT Play Separates Teams. Our Depth @ The Pos.

Oct 4, 2018, 6:25 PM

I'm getting a bit concerned for the next couple seasons regarding our DT depth. We are going to lose: Huggins, Wilkins, Register. Dexter Lawrence will be draft eligible and will likely bounce.
I like Pinckney's game but he is only one player.
The elite teams stay stacked at this position; b/c the ability to control or at least neutralized allows your defense to do so many other things to stop opponents.

I need some of my fellow TNET folks to "tell me what I want to hear" regarding some top flight talent we have coming in, please!
And, yeah, we can cross that bridge when we get there. But, in the world that is college football, you have to recruit well! And recruit ahead.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DT - Elite DT Play Separates Teams. Our Depth @ The Pos.

Oct 4, 2018, 7:14 PM

Calm down my Tiger brother. Xavier Kelly is inside now. We will have Darnell Jefferies and Pinkney. As of now I would say at least 2 of our commits will play inside. Depth won't be great and the 2019 recruits will need to be ready to play but it's not as dire as you may think . Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 7:19 PM

@rRenfrowismyboy Thanks Man! I want the Tigers to have continued success! And, for all the fancy offense teams have; it's the defense that sets teams apart. More particularly; the defensive line play! If they can hold the point of attack; you can get creative in how you pressure QB's and play games with OC's play calling.

I just hope the young Tigers are ready to go! It would have been ideal for them to be there learning from DL90 and CW42.

Thanks! And Go Tigers!

Oct 4, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: DT - Elite DT Play Separates Teams. Our Depth @ The Pos. ]

X kelly doesn’t have the juice. Pinckney is too slow. He’s an acc championship lineman not national champinship. Incoming freshmen Tayquon Johnson should make a big impact

Oct 4, 2018, 7:59 PM

Spruce Pinckney is a load in there. He is slow compared to the super athletic Lawrence, yes! But, he does a pretty good job. I agree about X. Kelly - didn't they bring him in as a DE? I think he's too "light in the britches" to play inside. And, not fast enough to play DE. If he adds some weight perhaps with his time @ DE he will be a hard to handle DT. Let's hope, right?

Just checked out T. Johnson's video. Beast!

Oct 5, 2018, 8:35 AM

Yes x kelly was an end and he’s too small for the inside. I guess you’re right about Pinckney he really isn’t that slow just slower compared to dex and Wilkins but they are super fast so the bar is high there lol. We have multiple defense of ends coming in as well and I’m hearing that two of them could move inside. Especially Logan cash

Oct 4, 2018, 7:56 PM

Jordan Williams can be mentioned if you like

Re: Our Offense

Oct 4, 2018, 8:01 PM

should be able to take some stress off the Defense next season.

Re: Our Offense

Oct 4, 2018, 8:08 PM

TAFC_5_81 I like that vision you have going! It would be a welcome sight. Although, I am a defensive minded fan. I like good solid defense as much as some people like high-flying-electrifying-non-stop-scoring offense! WU! Just got my Ric Flair on, LOL!

Oct 4, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: DT - Elite DT Play Separates Teams. Our Depth @ The Pos. ]

SouthernTiger09 You think they will move him to the inside? Most of his film he is playing DE. I mean, he is listed at 6-5/ 260 which could be freshman numbers IDK. Just seems light for DT. All I can say is; there should be opportunity along the DL for playing time as much as we sub. It will be wide open for whoever puts the work in .

Oct 4, 2018, 8:13 PM

Forgot about Jordan Williams. He came in as a DE but has since gained 40+ pounds. He could be stud.

Oct 4, 2018, 8:55 PM

Let's hope!

Go Tigers!

Oct 5, 2018, 9:07 AM

Y’all sleeping on J Williams! High 4* kid that weighed in at 310lb and is 6-4+.. him and Pinckney will be very very good next year. I do think we need 2 more DL in this recruiting class!

Oct 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

Tiger1825 Not so much sleeping on Jordan Williams as it is; wondering how he will be as an interior lineman. If he has been in the weight room and put on some good muscle we should have two solid starters in him and Pinckney. I worry more about depth. We rotate a bunch of guys to be able to wear down an OL who don't typically sub. And because so many teams are up tempo now; got to try and not have a fall off when the back ups are in.

I just saw some really talented DT on the ESPN 300 @ DT who were from the southeast that hold CU offers. Maybe we land a couple of those recruits to add depth.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,776
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic