Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DISH & the ACC Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

DISH & the ACC Network

Jun 20, 2019, 9:30 AM

Just got off the phone with DISH. No new news about the ACC Network.

If DISH decides not to carry it will DISH subscribers be able to access the ACC Network through WatchESPN? Holding off renewing the 2 year price-lock until I know for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DISH & the ACC Network

Jun 20, 2019, 9:56 AM

I am in the same boat with Dish and have tried to get a commitment from them without result.
I reminded them that we have lots of alternatives if they don't come through.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As many people as possible need to be making this same call

Jun 20, 2019, 9:59 AM

with the same threat. It's one way we can help put money directly in the AD coffers without writing a check. not only dish but Spectrum and whatever someone might have. Let them know you want it in the main channel line up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: As many people as possible need to be making this same call

Jun 20, 2019, 10:18 AM

No Swoff should be fired if he doesnt get this done. He has delayed this and shielded his Raycom son and buddies for years. He should already be gone but you know what will freeze over before I "help" him sell this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't break my heart to dump DISH anyway so they might

Jun 20, 2019, 10:10 AM

want to get this right. DISH already lost HBO so I have to go through HBO direct now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same for me with DISH - wish they'd give the new......

Jun 20, 2019, 11:46 AM

ACC Network a shot - sure have gone overboard supporting the SEC network.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair

Jun 20, 2019, 12:38 PM

The SEC network likely had a better shot to be successful from the beginning than ACCN does. Even the bottom dwelling SEC teams have more buy-in from their fans who would be willing to pay more to get all of the SECN channels than probably 75% of ACC teams.

That makes the TV providers more likely to pay the massive fees that come along with those channels. If ESPN were smart they’d offer a subscription add-on a la ESPN+ for ACCN and put that money straight in their pockets.

The SEC launched during a more favorable time as far s cable

Jun 20, 2019, 12:58 PM

goes-- the market has and continues to move away from cable. However, all the biggies in the ACC footprint will eventually come on board. Most of it has to do with broader contract timing but just to give you an idea, even in a more favorable time .... this was the timeline for SEC launch....

ATT January 2014 (they tried to be first to steal subscribers- Uverse was still pretty young back then and probably didn't have a ton of subsribers as their markets were limited)

Dish - March 2014 but it was part of larger carriage deal that was being negotiated with Disney- in otherwords, they were getting it whether they wanted it or not

the rest......."On July 9, 2014, Cox Communications, whose subscriber base includes four SEC markets, reached an agreement to carry SEC Network. Exact terms were not disclosed.[29] Nine days later, ESPN also reached a deal with Comcast to carry SEC Network; in SEC markets, the provider will pay a carriage rate of $1.40 per-subscriber per month.[30] On July 25, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks reached deals to carry SEC Network,[31] followed by Cable One and Wide Open West on August 1.[32][33] On August 2, 2014, Suddenlink Communications announced that it had reached an agreement to carry the network on the launch date.[34] On August 4, 2014, DirecTV,[35] and C Spire Wireless both announced agreements to carry the network (the latter deal was made through the National Cable Television Cooperative, in which C Spire would provide its Fiber to the Home HDTV subscribers with access to the SEC Network App).[36] These announcements were followed by an agreement with Charter Communications on August 6, 2014. Mediacom reached an agreement to carry the network on August 14, 2014.[37][38]

With the Mediacom agreement, the two major television providers that did not reach a carriage deal prior to launch were Verizon FiOS and Cablevision.[39] However, on August 21, 2014, Sports Business Daily reported that Verizon FiOS had reached a deal to carry the network in its Texas and Florida service areas (which are within the SEC footprint). Cablevision does not have any markets within the SEC footprint.[40] NASA has arranged for the SEC Network to be made available on the International Space Station.[41]""

In other words, they were 35 days from launch and 50 days before the opening double header before the real dominoes started to fall and continued until the day before the first games.

Re: DISH & the ACC Network

Jun 20, 2019, 8:50 PM

Sling + Roku
$30 a month.

Isn't that just the 1st month, then it's $40?***

Jun 20, 2019, 10:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic