Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crowd goes "wild" at GT spring game for new offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Crowd goes "wild" at GT spring game for new offense

Apr 28, 2019, 2:39 PM

At least we don't have to waste time on their offense anymore but seems like we had it on lock down.

https://twitter.com/Cody_Fox5/status/1121952042141061121

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All three of them?***

Apr 28, 2019, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crowd goes "wild" at GT spring game for new offense

Apr 28, 2019, 2:43 PM

I can appreciate their enthusiasm.

The few Tech fans there are can be great football fans. But that shot shows exactly 0 people in the bleachers.

Gotta hope that's an end zone shot.

They calim to have had over 20,000.

Apr 28, 2019, 2:59 PM

https://ramblinwreck.com/record-crowd-sees-gold-top-white-30-20/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

thus ends the excitement for GT football***

Apr 28, 2019, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: thus ends the excitement for GT football***

Apr 28, 2019, 3:20 PM

LOL .... lol. -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 28, 2019, 3:14 PM

I would like to see them somewhat good again.

Apr 28, 2019, 3:34 PM

They can be. They've had some really good runs in the past and there's no reason they can't again under the right coach. It will be a toal rebuild though, after PJ ran them into the ground.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 28, 2019, 3:45 PM

I didnt start watching them until Joe Hamilton was their QB. He was fun to watch.

Apr 28, 2019, 4:16 PM

He was a great one!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 29, 2019, 1:45 PM

We wanted to recruit him as DB. Yeah West. And he was probably a better point guard. How do I know? I watched him all of high school at Macedonia H.S. Nobody guarded him one on one. Also on both Foxes football team and basketball teams was Courtney Brown, who played at Penn State and the Cleveland Browns, and Preston Prioloue (have spelled this wrong because I do not know the correct spelling), who played for Va. Tech and spent 13 years in the NFL. And the HS. coach had him running a wishbone attack because he did not know how to run anything else. Fortunately, this coach only lasted one year at Timberland H.S.(combined ST, Stephens and Macedonia High Schools out in the middle of the swamps.

Apr 29, 2019, 4:58 PM

Don't forget the WR that followed him to Tech and became his #1 target.

I think his name was Middleton, maybe?

Macedonia (an AA school) had a string of D1 athletes that graduated in successive years that were as good as any in the state.

Apr 29, 2019, 8:24 PM

Sorry, slightly wrong. Looked this up on the GT archives.

Harvey Middleton preceded Joe Hamilton to GaTech by a year, which became 2 when Hamilton redshirted.

When Middleton left (and washed out with the Eagles), he had more receptions than any other player in GT history.

Then his teammate Dez White eclipsed him (with Joe Hamilton throwing the ball and coming in second in Heisman voting), who gave way to Demaryius Thomas, and eventually Megatron.

And the end of that glorious string of WRs came when Paul Johnson started rushing the ball 70 times per game.

Wow. I never realized that flow of history from Atlanta. I knew the John Heisman story, and the Heisman curse (that they have never had a Heisman winner), but didn't know the legacy of WRs.

Ran their program into the ground? Are you high? He finished

Apr 29, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd goes "wild" at GT spring game for new offense ]

1st or 2nd in his division 7 of 11 years and we were on his schedule every year, won 8 or more games 5 times...They were lucky to have him

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2019, 3:31 PM

The story goes from my late Mother in Law that Bobby Dood used to flop his flopper out in the hospital bed... Probably the last time GT skeered anyone...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2019, 3:32 PM

How sad. Just to see a qb in the shotgun is reason to celebrate.

Apr 28, 2019, 4:28 PM

I just hope they beat Georgia every year

And that was as good as it got.

Apr 28, 2019, 7:27 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And that was as good as it got.

Apr 29, 2019, 11:37 AM

Offenses scored 8 TDs.

There was no kicking in the game, so 8 TDs and a safety.

Since there was no punting, offenses had to go for it on every possession. They were 0-10 collectively on fourth down.

So did Paul Johnson destroy the placekicking and punting games, too?

I thought Saban and Smart both did that, but PJ is only guilty of setting the offense back 50 years. Kickers still had a place in Johnson's world. Not sure what Collins's teams will kick like this fall.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:30 PM

I’ve only had positive experiences with the few GT fans I’ve ran into. GTech could honestly be a sleeping giant and could get gud, real quick with the crazy amount of talent in GA in general.

Hopefully they start pulling in players UGA would normally get bringing them down while improving rapidly themselves. Plus I wouldn’t mind another team in the ACC to become a annual top 15-25 type of team.

Apr 29, 2019, 5:04 PM

Chances that the video was cut short because of the delayed handoff to the running back out of the shotgun formation?

Record crowd of 21,000

Apr 29, 2019, 5:08 PM

https://ramblinwreck.com/record-crowd-sees-gold-top-white-30-20/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic