Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crouch supposedly signing this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Crouch supposedly signing this week

Dec 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

And announcing in Jan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crouch supposedly signing this week

Dec 19, 2018, 2:09 PM

Has to because he is an early enrollee. He just wants his limelight at the All-Star game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 2:11 PM

Technically he doesn't have to.

Recruits are not required to sign an NLI. He could simply enroll in January to a school of his choosing.

Recruits used to enroll in January all the time without signing NLI's because there was no early signing period.

Dec 19, 2018, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Crouch supposedly signing this week ]

I heard previously that he would sign financial paperwork with all 3 schools, announce in January, then enroll and officially sign in February.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 2:23 PM

That's too complicated. Can you simply it with a graph or pie chart? TIA.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 2:30 PM

A 17 year old needing their own special spotlight is a bad look in my opinion.

A lot of them do it though***

Dec 19, 2018, 2:32 PM

If he is enrolling in February, he isn't coming to clemson***

Dec 19, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Crouch supposedly signing this week ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 19, 2018, 2:34 PM

Since we kinda loaded the truck with LB’s already signed is Crouch still a LB sign?

Dec 19, 2018, 2:37 PM

My best guess is that if you have a chance at an athlete like him, then you sign him if there is space and figure out the depth chart and his position later.

I know we have been telling him LB but I am guessing he is versatile.

Also there has been a lot of talk about recruits changing positions in this class. Several DE to DT, DE to OT, LB to DE, S to LB, LB to S.

Just because a recruit is listed at a certain position doesn't mean that is the plan for them.

Dec 19, 2018, 2:41 PM

Just wondering if that will make a difference to what he decides, looking at the #4,#6 and #7 LB’s we already signed. Factor in he has not played LB before and these kids have it is something to ponder.

Dec 19, 2018, 2:44 PM

Possibly could factor in. Those guys have been committed for quite some time now while he was showing interest. I hope that it didn't take him this long to notice if it was something he was worried about.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Crouch supposedly signing this week ]

Read a good article about him on The Athletic. From that it sounded like his biggest concern was whether recruiters were just telling him what he wants to hear (about playing LB), or if they were just trying to get him on campus, then find a spot for him.

He's proven he's a stud RB, but wants to play LB to hopefully provide him a longer playing career. Seems like a smart move if he can make it as an LB. With his athletic ability, I doubt he's too concerned with competition, but it may take him a year or 2 to really learn the position and feel comfortable at LB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 12:23 PM

He plays some LB for his team and has put some film out there for it. And he looks like he will be an absolute beast at the position. He covers ground in the first 5 yards faster than anyone I have ever seen at his size, it’s crazy.

We def want him here at LB, no doubt about it. With his natural talent and some of the best college coaching available, he has potential to be an All-everything LB in a few years.

Dec 20, 2018, 12:33 PM

Would be nice to cross train him at LB and RB. His running skills might be nice for special offense packages such as the goaline.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic