Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Copycat stuff that other people have done against us that we haven’t practiced”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

“Copycat stuff that other people have done against us that we haven’t practiced”

Feb 5, 2019, 8:53 PM

- Little Nicky

The Bama excuses started at halftime of the game. Not sure why anyone is surprised they have more excuses after the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Re: “Copycat stuff that other people have done against us that we haven’t practiced”

Feb 5, 2019, 8:56 PM

- Little Nicky

The Bama excuses started at halftime of the game. Not sure why anyone is surprised they have more excuses after the game.

Also, not smart to not practice stuff where other teams had success. Oxymoron saying copycat and didn’t practice lol. Poor Saban was at a loss for words.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I have no doubt Saban has at most 3 more years before

Feb 5, 2019, 9:01 PM

he calls it quits. I've said it since the beatdown, that he looks tired. Not old, but tired. Big difference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no doubt Saban has at most 3 more years before

Feb 5, 2019, 9:12 PM

Nicky knows film doesn’t lie and he knew before they took the field what Clemson was bringing. If you looked at the way he was wobbling on and off the field it looks to me like he is in need of knee or knees replacement too. That will take a toll on him.

the whole SEC will be copycatting this season - lulz***

Feb 5, 2019, 9:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll want to but they won't

Feb 5, 2019, 9:09 PM

because they can't.

They don't have the offensive studs or the defensive scheme and athletes to make it work.

They wish they could. They'll know what should work, but they won't be able to.

Alabama will still roll through their schedule with 25+ point wins and everyone will think they are the best team ever ... AGAIN.

This is how the SEC has worked for years.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Sorta. Georgia might finally beat them.***

Feb 5, 2019, 9:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, and to think it took Clemson to bring about that

Feb 5, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to the whole SEC will be copycatting this season - lulz*** ]

bright idea. SEC SEC LOL

They are still too busy copying all things Bama to copy us***

Feb 6, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to the whole SEC will be copycatting this season - lulz*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

SEC

Feb 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

SEC = Some Excuse Coming

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Copycat stuff that other people have done against us that we haven’t practiced”

Feb 5, 2019, 9:22 PM

I thought that was the definition of 'coaching'. Did Nick forget to do that? Good thing he had that fake FG trick play in his bag of tricks. Oh wait...

LOL, the holder running behind the kicker as the lead

Feb 5, 2019, 9:45 PM

blocker into the best defensive line in the country. What could possibly go wrong?

That was absolutely hilarious. What the heck did he mean

Feb 5, 2019, 9:42 PM

by that.

Did sneaky Clemson actually look at film and try things that Alabama had trouble with? What is the world coming too. ####, no wonder they got a butt whipping for the ages.

Feb 5, 2019, 10:44 PM

when I heard that my respect for saban was diminished. now, I've never thought him likeable and suspect his desire to win sees him willing to have his players do some dirty things, but I did admire that he seemed otherwise to be a very effective professional. but when I heard this lame excuse I realized he had not quite the dignity I had assumed

Feb 5, 2019, 10:58 PM

Saban's excuse was sorta like failing a test and saying, "Well, we were given the questions earlier in the week but we didn't study those"

Feb 5, 2019, 11:15 PM

I understand he looked tired from the outset but I found this shocking. He’s a better coach than that. I was thinking either he was throwing his assistants under the bus (isn’t it their job to watch film and correct their weaknesses?) or were they taking us for granted? Maybe they thought we weren’t good enough with our freshman QB and “weak” secondary to beat them even if we knew their weaknesses?

That's got to be the all-time lamest thing I've ever heard..

Feb 5, 2019, 11:19 PM

...from a HC. So they had deficiencies that they didn't bother to clean up. I guess they should have told us they had not cleaned it up so we would know not to take advantage of them....LMAO!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's got to be the all-time lamest thing I've ever heard..

Feb 6, 2019, 12:34 AM

So unfair for us to run copycat plays that Saban had not practiced against!!! Smh .... Saban should have given Dabo a list of the copycat plays that he had not practiced against so Dabo would know not to unfairly run them ... bwaahaha

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 6, 2019, 8:12 AM

I seriously wonder if he was trying to say something else there and just got his words out incorrectly, or something similar. Like he was either trying to say that they SHOULD have practiced more for those plays, or what?

Has anyone asked him about this following the game to get more clarity on what he meant?

It's surprising to hear something like that from Saban, because say whatever you want about the guy, he is a great coach. Did another team use the shovel pass against them this year that we scored our 4th touchdown on? I don't recall seeing us use that before. You have to know the weaknesses of your own team and correct those. Look at how many times teams tried to use the shovel pass against us following the Pitt game in 2016, and it hasn't worked since that game.

Remember Pitt and the Shuttle Pass That Killed The Tigers?

Feb 6, 2019, 9:36 AM

Everyone the Tigers played after that tried to use that play and here we are over 3 years later and it doesn't work now. Why? Because it got fixed and the copycats are out of luck.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Shuttle Pass that bama tried showed a well coached defense...

Feb 6, 2019, 10:23 AM

For a defender not to pursue the QB when he has a good chance to get him, but instead stay back and play his role on the play shows just how well coached and disciplined this team is.

Message was edited by: Memphis Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 10:06 AM

Thats what all football teams do. They all look at what’s been successful against all teams through out a season. It’s an oxy moron statement. There is a reason that herby says later in the game “a lot of sec teams will be calling vendables in the off season.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't he also say they would get it fixed in the 2nd half

Feb 6, 2019, 10:26 AM

or something similar?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic