Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots lose another WR commit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Coots lose another WR commit

Dec 11, 2018, 10:17 AM

Four Star in state (Northwestern) WR Jamario Holley. (As per The State).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots lose another WR commit

Dec 11, 2018, 10:18 AM

How sad to have no Holley right here near Christmas. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 10:22 AM

They may not have any Holley but they have mistletoe hanging in the locker room.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:42 PM

Sounds a bit homophobic to me. Better be careful what you post on message boards. It may come back to haunt you in 5 or 6 years when you win the Heisman or are picked to host the Oscars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

Not enough +1's for that litttle gem right there .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They've had more decommits this past cycle

Dec 11, 2018, 12:45 PM

than Clemson probably has had in the past 10 years. Speaks a lot about where the programs are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 1:00 PM

Rumor is he’s not going to qualify

Dec 11, 2018, 1:02 PM

Not qualify...to Scar?

Did he die?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 1:04 PM

It was mentioned on a post early this morning that he may not even graduate.

Whatever is going on with him, he did not report to the Shrine Bowl. I'm sure the kid is embarassed to have the entire state talking about his lack of educational achievements.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:24 PM

How sad. I feel bad for the kid, but not being able to make a C average in high school these days indicates he didn't try.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:47 PM

I would agree. I am a coach and I have seen several kids, who came from families who did not consider college an option, not realize that they needed to have qualifying as a goal until it was too late. Many times it's on the coaches and school admin for not passing on the information to parents of young athletes.

In the last 2 years we have started having a freshman athlete parent night where the parents are informed on NCAA qualifications and eligibility rules and such. I think this is a good start but unfortunately a lot of schools do not have this sort of support staff.

Dec 11, 2018, 2:13 PM

That's a good start. If the parents are not on board from the academic side it's a tough job to sell. However, it needs to start even before they enter first grade. All of this can't be blamed on poverty. Many have overcome their having experienced poverty to become a success. For many, an athletic scholarship, along with a meaningful degree, is a means for escaping poverty. The same theme can be applied to everyone.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some just have learning disabilities

Dec 11, 2018, 7:45 PM

They may try harder than strait A students and still struggle

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

Normally I like to make fun of decootments, but not in this case. There are kids who truly don’t get the severity of not having good grades until it’s too late. I’ve seen it with kids with no parental influence and surprisingly even with kids who had great parents. My prayer is that this young man prioritizes things and ends up on someone’s college campus in the fall.

Dec 11, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

Years ago (many ~35) I tutored some inner-city kids in Math to try to get them where they could pass to the 10th (or 11th) grade. I was amazed that none of the kids could tell me how many inches in a foot, feet in a yard, how to multiply or divide, how long a foot was, how long a yard was, etc. Really basic stuff that I would ask my 6-year old (at the time) when I got home, and he knew every answer. They were entering high school and knew almost nothing. I have no idea how these kids survived and passed on to the 9th & 10th grades. The harsh reality hit me when one 16 yo girl was absent one day, and I asked if anyone knew if she would be there that day. They told me her baby was sick. They broke my heart almost every session and I would just sit in my car afterwards trying to absorb what I just experienced. What some of these kids go thru is beyond our wildest imagination sometimes.

Dec 11, 2018, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

Nice job of doing something about the problem instead of just shrugging your shoulders like so many. It would be nice if all schools would do it. Every kid dreams of the NFL, and if coaches like you would lay out the path more are likely to put in the effort.

Dec 11, 2018, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

That’s a great program and an idea that I haven’t heard of. Unfortunately, most of their opinions on school have probably already been cemented by then but props to you for taking the initiative and making sure eligibility isn’t something that creeps up on these kids and give them something to work toward and make school a priority.

Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots lose another WR commit ]

This is sad fir the kid. I can make fun of scar and I hope all of the athletes recommit, but I hate it for a kid struggling with grades

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I approve of his decision.***

Dec 11, 2018, 5:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:35 PM

Another one flew the coop.

Dec 11, 2018, 10:02 PM

Pretty soon theyre gonna be offering 1 star players

Dec 12, 2018, 7:50 AM

Can’t blame him I wouldn’t want to be a coot either.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic