Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Completely hypothetical...not going to happen but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Completely hypothetical...not going to happen but...

Nov 27, 2018, 7:29 PM

What's to stop Alabama intentionally losing to Georgia to keep Georgia in the top 4 and then as we all know Alabama will not drop out no matter what.

Alabama will not lay down but it's just a thought that a fix may be on to keep 2 SEC teams in the top 4 by someone.

How much time has been spent the past week or two on how Georgia can make the CFP even with 2 losses? Much less only 1 loss if they beat Bama. And Bama isn't going to drop out unless they lose 80-0 in the SEC Championship game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and even losing 80-0 they basically have to

Nov 27, 2018, 7:31 PM

lose 5 games to be out of it

Re: Completely hypothetical...not going to happen but...

Nov 27, 2018, 7:31 PM

probably most idiotic post I seen on here and that is saying something with what we see on a daily basis

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:38 PM

Idiotic? Nah.. I think it’s more conspiracy paranoia. It’s an interesting thought, though. Would give Alabama a whole month to prepare for the biggest threat in the playoffs (assuming we win) and we saw how that went last year.

I just can’t see Saban letting that thought even coming close to fruition. I only see Bama going down if Tua is not 100%.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

They should forfeit. See what the committee does with that. Would they let them have the real SECCG in the CFP instead?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 27, 2018, 8:16 PM

I think in that case they’d be penalized, but it is Bama we are talking about so..

conspiricies are fun, but this is ridiculous

Nov 27, 2018, 7:33 PM

Saban not going to let anybody win. Guy is mad when they win by 50...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Friend, that would require one each Nick Saban

Nov 27, 2018, 7:34 PM

to yield a victory deliberately.

Nick Saban...deliberately throw a game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saban probably not

Nov 27, 2018, 7:36 PM

but would the sec refs make some bogus calls giving a close game?

Sec commissioner would love this***

Nov 27, 2018, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am one of those who believe that Bama losing this weekend

Nov 27, 2018, 7:41 PM

keeps them out of the CFP this year.

Remember, last year they got in with 1 loss and no conference title simply because the Big 10 and Pac 12 champs both had multiple losses. Plus, undefeated Wisconsin lost in the Big 10 championship game and had a poor resume otherwise.

This year, we have an undefeated Notre Dame, and will likely have an undefeated ACC champ, and one loss Big XII and one loss Big 10 champs. Plus, in this scenario, a one loss SEC champ as well.

Do you honestly think Alabama gets into the top four in that scenario?!? I think they would be #6.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The committee can’t keep puttin two SEC teams in or

Nov 27, 2018, 7:45 PM

The alliance will fall apart. The B1G, PAC-12, and Big XII aren’t to allow this to keep happening, the only reason we have no set requirements is the SEC wouldn’t agree. If BAMA loses they’re out and the same for UGA, B1G commissioner Delanie will not allow this to happen again this year.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:52 PM

You clearly know nothing about Nick Satan. There is no chance he is going to throw the game to benefit the conference. Nick Sagan is about Nick Satan and the Alabama Crimson Tide. He will beat Georgia as badly as he can on Saturday afternoon regardless of whether or not Georgia gets in to the playoffs. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:53 PM

Oops. Freudian slip: Satan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:55 PM

. Saban!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic