Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coke bottles sold out at Clemson Bi-Lo in a few minutes:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,834

Coke bottles sold out at Clemson Bi-Lo in a few minutes:

Aug 17, 2017, 2:26 PM

By 10:15 there were a hundred people in line and by 10:45 there were several hundred waiting in line for the 11:00 sell. (Some had been there since 4 am.)

A worker said they only had 40 cases (160 six-packs), and she handed out numbers to each person in line. I know at least a few people that had numbers greater than 160 (common core coot math at its finest) but they never told the late comers that they should just leave because arithmetic was against them.

They allowed each person with a number to have two six-packs and shortly after 11:00 they were all gone with most people in line getting nothing except maybe a cookie and a high five or two from the Tiger and Tiger Cub which where there along with a Clemson employee (whose name I will not mention since several people on Tiger Net would turn this post into a --- ------- hate fest).

I felt really bad for a lot of the people in line who just wanted one or two bottles for the kids or parents.

I also heard a rumor that there will be a few more bottles available in town but can't corroborate it and want mention it since so many TigerNetters are sick of the Coke Bottle posts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like if they knew over 160 people were

Aug 17, 2017, 2:56 PM

in line to get only 160 packs, they would have sold only one per person.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you would think so wouldn't you.***

Aug 17, 2017, 7:16 PM

Dare I say it, but Radakovich and Coke really did a

Aug 17, 2017, 4:56 PM

disservice to Tiger Nation with this promotion. If 10000 cases is truly the number that was bottled, that is a gross underestimation of Tiger fan passion and fervor. Hopefully there will be a huge uproar to Coke and they will have another production run.

I know the rest of the nation usually underestimates Clemson

Aug 17, 2017, 7:17 PM

fandom, but you'd think our own people and State would know from experience that Tiger fans are like no other fans.

Haven't talked to Chapin BiLo in a few days but was told

Aug 17, 2017, 7:23 PM

they'd have some Fri morning...she said they'd probably come in Thur night...I had planned to be there at 6:00 am when they opened but got lucky and found some at Chapin Food Lion Tue

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coke bottles sold out at Clemson Bi-Lo in a few minutes:

Aug 17, 2017, 8:08 PM

Just bought a couple of six packs at the Publix in North Charleston...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,834
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic