Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frank Howard...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Frank Howard...

Jul 8, 2019, 5:48 PM

some might have already seen it but for those who have not then enjoy this short video done by ETV of “The Bashful Baron of Barlow Bend” and his coaching days at Clemson and Coach Bear Bryant is on the video also talking about Coach Howard...https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/954571/uiconf_id/29461131/entry_id/0_ewvuztkd/#####/dynamic?fbclid=IwAR3ZHRKuQqgBmD3cL093QDcLr5plBcqmQS8HnCp8A4OV9CuUB7pKva5e7RU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frank Howard...

Jul 8, 2019, 6:11 PM

Great video.

I delivered news papers to Coach Howard for a friend of mine. It was suppose to be for a week, but I only made it three days. Coach's was waiting on me Wednesday morning and told me not to bother bring him a paper is I couldn't get there by 5:30 am. I apologized and told him his regular currier would be back Monday.

Jul 8, 2019, 6:14 PM

Is there a part two

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jul 8, 2019, 6:30 PM

Here is the entire video and credit goes to MyBloodRunnethOrange.That first part was sent my dad's face book page today and I just wanted to post it on Tigernet for everyone to see not knowing that MyBloodRunnethOrange had put the whole video on Youtube.I had found that out when I googled to see where I could find Part 2...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1KclqG9yE

Many thanks for those links MBRO & Horry

Jul 8, 2019, 9:07 PM

Got a bit of the sniffles looking at the film and gentlemen I'd called "sir" my entire youth, pictures of the campus from that period of time----especially DV.

"you don't know what you've got till its gone" Joni Mitchell

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here are all three parts

Jul 8, 2019, 6:31 PM

youtube link above is better than mine

Message was edited by: TigerCook®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Coach Howard spoke at my sports banquet in '79, I think it

Jul 8, 2019, 6:34 PM

was. I think he came at the invitation of one of his former players, Tracy Childers, who had a son on our team.

He was AMAZING! Story, after story - totally funny, totally inspirational. A time that I will treasure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Howard spoke at my sports banquet in '79, I think it

Jul 8, 2019, 6:48 PM

Met him many times via my Pop. After watching this video, I can certainly say FH was a much better story teller than Bear Bryant!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 8, 2019, 7:17 PM

I was eating at the Shoney's in Summerville when he walked by... I said "hello coach"... He looked at me gravely, nodded and walked on by... I guess he wasn't impressed by my long hair and long beard...

famed unc basketball star Larry Miller told me once

Jul 8, 2019, 9:12 PM

when they were playing at the old Cow Palace that Coach Howard burst into the unc lockerroom at halftime to tell their staff about some issue with broken equipment but didn't miss the opportunity to tell Miller Clemson didn't allow people with long hair into the facilities and that he needed to get a haircut

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

We met Coach Howard many years ago at a fan appreciation day in Clemson. He signed an autograph on a program for my son, Sean. He was very friendly and we had a great visit.

Jul 8, 2019, 8:13 PM

Coach Howard tells the story of "Howard's Rock" starting at 19:20

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic