Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's 5 years are up !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Clemson's 5 years are up !

Mar 27, 2019, 3:12 PM

This was so stupid I didn't even respond to it. Last night I was in Columbia at the fairgrounds for my father's annual Citadel reunion . I was eating the bbq they have every year and my brother in law starts talking to these 2 guys who sat down across from us and who were both guests and not Citadel alumni. I wasn't paying much attention to their conversation but then I hear this jewel from one of them . He said " We beat them (Clemson) 5 years in a row and they beat us 5 years in a row but their time is up now ." I didn't respond at all to anything that dumb .No reason to . I was thinking to myself if I actually heard the guy right .lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's 5 years are up !

Mar 27, 2019, 3:23 PM

Hilinski, dude. Hilinski.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

are they calling for hilinski to be their latest savior,

Mar 27, 2019, 3:31 PM

like they did with bentley?

Re: are they calling for hilinski to be their latest savior,

Mar 27, 2019, 3:39 PM

No... like they did with the McClewain (sp?) kid? Or was it the Joyner kid? Or was it the Nunez kid? Anyway can’t remember but good luck to this QB.

Re: are they calling for hilinski to be their latest savior,

Mar 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

And don’t forger, Connor Mitch was better than Deshaun Watson. ??

There'll be a day soon that he will relish the time that we

Mar 27, 2019, 3:33 PM

had only beat them five in a row.

Re: There'll be a day soon that he will relish the time that we

Mar 27, 2019, 3:49 PM

Did last year count as a win for us ——- I know a lot of coots were putting it down in their win column right after the game .... And I never did get the final reading .... Does anyone know for sure?!? Thanks.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

After the next few beatdowns, it'll look more like a win

Mar 27, 2019, 8:44 PM

but no, it wasn't

even close.

Re: After the next few beatdowns, it'll look more like a win

Mar 27, 2019, 9:37 PM

Thanks BengalBilly - glad to finally put that to rest!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Always glad to help. ***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:41 AM

Mental retardation isn't funny.....***

Mar 27, 2019, 4:24 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mental retardation isn't funny.....***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:42 AM

Except when it is.

Mar 27, 2019, 4:28 PM

Their problem isnt even the QB position. Bentley can be decent at times. It's the lack of playmakers on defense and absolutely no depth on defense. Combine that with no real threats on offense returning, if we quit recruiting right now it would take them 5 years to catch up

Don't forget mental exhaustion

Mar 28, 2019, 6:40 AM

They will finally play some of the good SEC teams in 2019. It takes a toll, you know??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 28, 2019, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's 5 years are up ! ]

outlaw1081 said:

Their problem isnt even the QB position. Bentley can be decent at times. It's the lack of playmakers on defense and absolutely no depth on defense. Combine that with no real threats on offense returning, if we quit recruiting right now it would take them 5 years to catch up

Outlaw you totally left out the main deficiency, Will Muschamp. This guy looks more lost than Tom Hanks in Castaway

Mar 27, 2019, 5:48 PM

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the beatings will continue for a while. Even if their offense ranks up some points over the next two years I don't think they can outscore Trevor Lawrence and company.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cycling in is a process.. you'll

Mar 27, 2019, 5:50 PM

See ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have just said 3 national titles and 2 in last 3

Mar 27, 2019, 7:06 PM

years.

Mar 27, 2019, 7:11 PM

To be fair this is the same fan base that 9 months ago had a poster made of Jake Bentley in San Fran thinking they were going to the national championship. Now they've forgotten his name for someone who's never played. and led a .500 HS team to bring them to beating a team that just went 15-0.

Mar 27, 2019, 8:18 PM

I'll predict it now - if UofSuc does NOT win THIS YEAR, then CLEMSON will not lose to them before the SECOND THUMB is delivered.

They will NOT win next year at CLEMSON, so that's 7
They will not win at home in 2021 because of our 2020 recruiting class, so that's 8
See 2021 for them losing 9 and 10.

THIS is their ONLY hope to break the streak. Wow - they probably do not realize that.

Then there is no hope... They should be worrying about the

Mar 28, 2019, 6:35 AM

NEXT DECADE....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2019, 9:50 PM

Our situation is completely different than the coots after their 5 win streak. Spurrier had already quit on them and was looking for the exit door after their 5th win. Dabo is currently in his prime and shows no signs of having an interest in leaving Clemson anytime soon. Also, their recruiting during their 5 year streak was basically limited to the state of SC and was propped up by two of the best talents this state has ever produced and will likely never produce again. Their talent level nosedived after those players moved and they couldn't replace them by only recruiting this state. Right now, we are recruiting nationwide from a much bigger talent pool that can replace the players we lose, and this shows no sign of slowing down. Just one look at our 2020 class is evidence of this. Can the coots beat us in the next few years? Sure, but it's not likely, and it would probably be a Pitt, Syracuse type game where the more talented team plays like crap and they squeak out a win. If we avoid doing that I see us adding 3-4 more to our current streak. Personally, I'd love to see us beat our existing series win streak record of 7 by winning atleast 3 more.

Mar 27, 2019, 9:53 PM

Way to bite your tongue.

The Family that cycles together

Mar 28, 2019, 6:40 AM

Wins together. Pedal on, Tigers, pedal on!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe you passed up the opportunity to

Mar 28, 2019, 9:34 AM

punch him in the nose

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 28, 2019, 10:37 AM

Idiots like that aren’t worth a good tiger’s breath. They’re either trolling, trying to start a fight, or utterly delusional.

To be fair, he was obviously hammered by that point.***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:38 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got to be right, we actually started cyling out a

Mar 28, 2019, 11:09 AM

couple years ago, amirite? BTW, you forgot to tell everyone it was Toad Ellis talking, sounds like him anyway. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic