Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson offense under TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Clemson offense under TL

Dec 5, 2018, 3:15 PM

Stats are pulled from the game that TL became the starter against Syracuse and no stats from the first few games.

541.1 yards per game #3 for power 5 offenses. 47.4 points per game #3 overall for power 5 offenses. Not only is the offense moving the ball but they're capitalizing with points as well.

Rushing yards per game have seen a substantial increase as well. In 2017 Clemson averaged 195 yards per game on the ground. So far in 2018 Clemson averages a staggering 260 yards per game on the ground and this includes after Clemson's 2nd leading rusher KB2 left the program.

Yards per game is up 110.6 total yards per game from 2017. Points per game is up 14.12 from 2017.

Our scoring offense in 2017 was ranked #32 in the country. Since TL has taken over Clemson is ranked #3 in scoring.

Trevor Lawrence is a talent that doesn't come along very often and the stats don't lie, Clemson has moved the ball at will with Trevor leading the charge just a year out of a "lacking" offense in terms of previous years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson offense under TL

Dec 5, 2018, 3:18 PM

Trevor Lawrence is a talent that doesn't come along very often and the stats don't lie, Clemson has moved the ball at will with Trevor leading the charge just a year out of a "lacking" offense in terms of previous years

One word ... "Duh" Silly post ... thanks for the stats

Dec 5, 2018, 3:18 PM

> stats don't lie

As Mark Twain used to say, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, d&mned lies, and statistics."

But in this case I agree with the statistics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:30 PM

uhhhh…….Mark Twain wasn't even a real person

SeeVuPlay has a problem with monikers... let's try again

Dec 5, 2018, 3:40 PM

> stats don't lie

As Samuel Langhorne Clemens used to say, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, d&mned lies, and statistics."

But in this case I agree with the statistics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson offense under TL ]

Was too a real person ... and the statistics back it up .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 5, 2018, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson offense under TL ]

I heard something similar:

There are three types of idiots... coots, deeyam coots, and South Carolina alumni.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:35 PM

Well, the offense is more well-rounded. We can go from a 390/100 passing/rushing game to a 250/200 rushing/passing game and then also have 120/300 passing/rushing game. It is an offensive buffet.

Every part of the 2018 team is an improvement on what the 2017 could do. We are running better, passing better and playing better ball. TL is part of that but so is the rest of the guys.

That being said, the one thing we don't do as well (going back to 2016) is the DW4 "unlikely" hero conversions. You know, rifle off a 3rd and 17 situation for 25+ yards out of tight cocverage. TL isn't quite there to pull everything out of nothing like DW4 could do at times. On the other hand, TL doesn't have the same mistakes (INTs) that could give DW4 faithful issues. TL has shown istances of it but DW4 did it so often it became expected.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:44 PM

"hat being said, the one thing we don't do as well (going back to 2016) is the DW4 "unlikely" hero conversions. You know, rifle off a 3rd and 17 situation for 25+ yards out of tight coverage."

We could always put CB in on 4th and long. Haha. TL will get there.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:50 PM

I like that plan!

Dec 5, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson offense under TL ]

TL is a freshman QB who is very likely the best at his position in the country. However ND is ND. And we have, in my humble opinion, seemed to have been strangely lacking as a team thus far. Okay, this is just my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong. Our defense seems suspect, and I think will be challenged against a great Notre Dame team.

Your pulse is what seems suspect in my view.***

Dec 5, 2018, 4:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your pulse is what seems suspect in my view.***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:22 PM

He also doesn't hope he's wrong .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

uhhh Watson was considered

Dec 5, 2018, 3:37 PM

a doesn't come along very often also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 3:44 PM

Our running game production is a direct result of TL starting . No question . Also , he's a very mobile kid and seems to be getting into the flow of the RPO deal ... where smoothness and understanding is predicated ( as in any offensive scheme ) on repetitions .
This guy is very good and will only get better .
I think we have the best QB in the country , he is super talented and humble ... that us a truly rare combination .

DB23

Dec 5, 2018, 4:12 PM

I agree. Great post. But why are we not recruiting offensive linemen?? If so, how can this be??

Dec 5, 2018, 10:34 PM

"Offensive linemen, to gall darn heck with offensive linemen! In fact, we don't need offensive linemen. We don't have to show you any stinking offensive linemen."

Dec 5, 2018, 4:22 PM

Well I think part of it is the fact that TL opens up the run game with his passing threat, but the other part is we are actually giving the ball to our running backs. I would get so mad last year when KB would get 18 caries and the rest of our backs would get 15. Last year KB ran 192 times while ETN and Feaster ran for a combined total of 214....absolutely made no sense. KB was a decent runner for a QB but wasn't a better runner than any of our running backs. The fact he was running so much killed our offense in my opinion.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:30 PM

Its the difference of being able to now stretch the field instead of playing in a 10 yard box with KB. Its a pick your poison offense on stacking the box or playing back to stop the deep ball. He's taking what the defense gives him, getting smarter and more comfortable every game.

Talking with my oldest daughter

Dec 5, 2018, 5:03 PM

We rewatched couple of games and she was saying how awesome TL is. I looked at her and said something pretty profound and a tad scary..."this is the worst Trevor Lawrence you will ever see!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic