Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson golf third round
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Clemson golf third round

May 27, 2018, 8:05 AM

Redmond and Nimmer both are in contention, sitting one shot off of the lead. Pettit will be back today and hopefully the team can go low to make the top 15. Go tigers!

Tee times start soon with the tigers in an hour.

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=15139

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

+1 Need 4 man to have a good day -***

May 27, 2018, 8:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you do?

May 27, 2018, 9:19 AM

Doc comes to the tee on Par 5 18th one shot back for individual title tomorrow but the team only needs a safe par to be inside the Top 8 for match play. Do you try to bomb one and reach in two with eagle chance for an individual Natty or play safe for the team to advance?

Where’s Charles Warren when you need him?

Go for the individual title for sure***

May 27, 2018, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson golf third round

May 27, 2018, 9:23 AM

E par on the day will get it done. We need to stay in the top 8 tho. Hopefully we go low.

May 27, 2018, 9:25 AM

Should not have re-inserted Turk into the lineup. Double bogey on the first hole already. We are essentially playing 4 against everyone else's 5

May 27, 2018, 9:27 AM

Saw that - what the heck is going on? We have three 81s out of 10 rounds so far.

May 27, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Hopefully he can turn it around. We need Doc and Bryson to score today. It is clutch time.

May 27, 2018, 9:41 AM

And he follows with a bogey

May 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

To be fair the second hole is eating everybody’s lunch. First hole not so much.

Turk having a really bad week - REALLY bad

May 27, 2018, 10:20 AM

+7 thru 4

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

I hate to say this but I think I could be better than +7 after 4 holes. There is something bad wrong there.

May 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

They need to be under par on the front and hold on tight coming home. The way they split the top 15 between 1st and 10th tees you won’t know how they are doing until the last few holes.

May 27, 2018, 9:59 AM

And another bogey. 4 over thru 3 holes

May 27, 2018, 10:16 AM

And follows with a triple bogey...unreal. Not trying to be a jerk, but how can this kid be a starter on a top 15 college team?

May 27, 2018, 10:37 AM

And a double bogey to follow. Now 9 over thru 5 holes

May 27, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

He may have to buy a couple of sleeves of balls at the turn

May 27, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

And a double. Only a WD will save him from not breaking 100. I feel for him.

May 27, 2018, 10:39 AM

Going to be a long day watching other teams unless thr Tigers can catch fire. If they can somehow shot even for the day shouldn’t be a problem.

Bad thing is we’re only playing with 4 guys. Tough break for LP. Feel for him, he had to gamble with Turk today. Anyone saying otherwise hasn’t followed Tigers golf all year. Turk carried us while doc played pga.

Just lost his driver. Happens to the best. They can do it with four guys. Just puts so much pressure on Kyle and Colby... so far they’ve held up. I feel for Turk, I really do. Tough break.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 10:43 AM

Unfortunately, I think you can stick a fork in us. There's just no margin for error with the 5th playing so poorly. Any bad hole by anyone else just kills your score.

May 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

Maybe the back 9 is set up easier today. Duke is tearing it up and I don’t see as many crooked numbers on the back today.

May 27, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Absolutely. Don’t you think he took a break yesterday morning after finishing his first round and found a driving range somewhere to work? They will need some help in match play from that fifth spot.

May 27, 2018, 11:13 AM

Obviously Calhoun gets it. Thanks for posting that article. That should help people understand what a predicament LP is in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Meant to add that he is a freshman too, and is a darn good one too!!! But that’s a lot on anyone let alone a frosh.

May 27, 2018, 10:57 AM

Turk has a reason: seethe article

https://golfweek.com/2018/05/26/clemson-turk-pettit-has-clubs-stolen-later-gets-subbed-out-after-opening-81-at-ncaa-championship/

May 27, 2018, 11:23 AM

Not sure I'd blame 14 over thru 8 holes on stolen clubs

May 27, 2018, 11:24 AM

IMO, there's one common theme to Penley's teams probably the last 8-10 years...they falter down the stretch

May 27, 2018, 11:39 AM

Looks like Turk withdrew. I truly can't fathom how a solid collegiate golfer could shoot over 50 on the front nine.

May 27, 2018, 11:44 AM

he better not have one hole could be difference

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

golfer23, he was already at least 14 over thru 8 holes. His score wasn't going to count.

May 27, 2018, 11:53 AM

Thought they counted per hole

May 27, 2018, 12:37 PM

I thought the same thing. Could someone confirm?

May 27, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Maybe not all of it but imagine hitting hundreds of balls a day and playing 8 tournaments with a set of clubs and then go play one tournament for all the marbles with a few catches: the course will be set up harder than any you have ever played, you get a set of rental clubs, you get one day to practice with them and now go count your score amongst the best of your peers. Just being a few yards off on your distances and not having a true trust or feel with any club, including the putter, on a course that is set up on the razors edge of being fair can wreck anybody’s confidence.

May 27, 2018, 12:29 PM

When you say you can go get a set of rental clubs and practice with them one day and the next day take them out on the course,it's not that easy at all like you describe it especially if you want to be really really good at the game. All those college golfers have clubs fitted to their swings and by that I mean they are tested for club head speed,ball speed,launch angle,lie angle,spin rate and so on and son on.You just can't go get a set of clubs off the wall and expect to start shooting great scores and especially with clubs that don't even fit you to be with probably.I used to work at a PGA Tour Superstore for 15 years and I've seen what goes into being fitted for clubs and it ain't something that is rushed thru in an hour and then take your clubs out and start playing with them immediately.If you're serious about playing really good golf you need to be fitted.Look at this chart and it will show you just what is looked at when a club fitter is fitting a customer for a set of clubs....

May 27, 2018, 12:54 PM

Is that what you got out of my post? I thought I made it clear replacing his clubs even to what he knows are his specs and trying to trust the yardages and feel all the way through the bag in competition is impossible. He still would have to build trust and confidence in the new clubs over a period of time to compete where he knows he should be. Just getting the grips broken in good where he likes them can cost him a few strokes.

May 27, 2018, 1:07 PM

Okay I apologize to you,I posted before I actually comprehended what you had said.

May 27, 2018, 1:20 PM

No problem Horry I made it too long anyway ??

May 27, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

I bet either Micah Rogers or Josh Belk stole them.

May 27, 2018, 1:01 PM

I was thinking there must be a coot around. Roll Tide Gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nope, not even close. That light hearted comment (which is all it was intended as) could just as easily come from any one, including a huge Clemson fan and alum like me. Not sure why you would jump to that conclusion based on what I posted.

May 27, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Those look like the new Titleist AP3 Irons,if so those are nice and real expensive...sure hope Turk has some better luck in the final round of stroke play because no sarcasm intended he deserves something good to happen to him.Maybe he'll make the winning putt in the championship match of match play to beat his guy and win the Tigers the National Title

May 27, 2018, 12:34 PM

Playing poorly today , can't seem to get right . Down to 18th .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

We'll have a chance to make some up

May 27, 2018, 12:48 PM

Back 9 is playing a bit easier than the front 9 today and we are mostly through the difficult holes already. Plus a lot of teams haven't played the difficult holes yet and will drop. We might not be top 8 like we need, but we should at least make the top 15 cut

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back to 12th

May 27, 2018, 12:53 PM

Boom...just like that! Long way to go, still...and only three strokes from the top 8. Very fluid leader board.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back to 12th

May 27, 2018, 12:57 PM

As soon as BYU tees off they drop to last place so that helps too.

May 27, 2018, 12:55 PM

Wonder why they have Brigham Young still at +9 and in 11th place and their first tee time is set for 1:50 today.The reason why I wonder that is that they played their third round on Thursday because of a school religious thing of not playing sporting events on Sunday I think it is.They shot +24 for their Sunday 3rd round on Thursday.

Tigers making a comeback

May 27, 2018, 1:11 PM

Playing well on the back nine. Lead by Nimmer who is leading the tournament. Currently 10 as a team, top 15 teams play tomorrow. Come on Tigers, Fight, Fight, Fight.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nimmer in polar dimension from Turk -

May 27, 2018, 1:15 PM

in the zone -

Re: Nimmer in polar dimension from Turk -

Hoping like heck that Bryson can keep his really good play up.Sure would like to see him tomorrow on the Golf Channel as he makes a run at the individual National Title.

May 27, 2018, 1:24 PM

Doubt we make cut now

May 27, 2018, 1:38 PM

4 Tigers out their on the course right now with plenty of holes left on the back side,just need to have the mindset that they will make birdies as they finish up their round and post a good score down the stretch

May 27, 2018, 1:25 PM

Perhaps (likely) a stupid question...
Why does it say "top 15"? I thought it was 8 advance to match play? Is there a 54-hole cut at top 15 and rd 4 tomorrow to get to 8?

Thanks

May 27, 2018, 1:30 PM

After 3 rounds they cut the field to 15 teams. After 4 rounds they cut to 8 and go to match play.

May 27, 2018, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

You're correct on the 54 hole cut to 15 teams and after tomorrow's 4th and final round of stroke play a cut to 8 teams for match play

May 27, 2018, 1:39 PM

Choking again

They're going through

May 27, 2018, 3:55 PM

Golfer...choke on that!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf third round ]

Good call.... you are a clown.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

+11 should make it to Monday***

May 27, 2018, 1:33 PM

Re: +11 should make it to Monday***

May 27, 2018, 3:03 PM

Tigers are in position if two or three teams back up a few shots. Two individuals in the top 5!! Duke throws out a 72 and Tigers have to count an 82. SMH

May 27, 2018, 4:19 PM

Hat's off to Duke , they've lowered their overall through each round.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Looks like

May 27, 2018, 6:30 PM

The tigers will make the cut and be in 12th place as a team. Nimmer is leading through 54 holes by 2 shots. Tigers really need to play well tomorrow to get into the top 8 and qualify for match play. Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: baker5801®

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic