Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson Baseball

Feb 24, 2018, 2:11 PM

Never thought I’d say this but DREW WHARTON IS ON FIRE. Just hit his second 3 run HR of the day

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Baseball

Feb 24, 2018, 2:16 PM

Earlier this week I was looking over his career stats and wondering out loud how he even saw the field, let alone started for this team. And since then he's hit 3 bombs in 2 games and is just tearing the cover off the ball. I was very wrong, and I would like some credit for this hot streak that he is on.

Feb 24, 2018, 2:17 PM

Whenever Kier Meredith comes back I could see beer at first Wharton Teo and Meredith in the outfield, Williams behind the plate and jolly as DH

Feb 24, 2018, 2:22 PM

I agree. A lot could change by the time Kier is back, but you can't take Teo's bat and defense out of the lineup, so one of those two will most likely move to a corner OF spot, if I had to bet.

Feb 24, 2018, 2:35 PM

Yeah. To me Teo reminds me so much of Pinder...wouldn’t doubt if he is at the top of the lineup soon.

Feb 24, 2018, 6:30 PM

Would love Teo in the 2 hole

Feb 27, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Baseball ]

I am from the Atlanta area, and my son played against Wharton for many years in the Gwinnett County area and he was always one of the top players in the area all through high school. If you look at his first year at Clemson he hit close to .300 (if I recall), and he started several game that year as a freshman. His sophomore year is when Seth Beer arrived, and Seth of course took over immediately in right field. Pinder had center locked down and Reed Rohlman left field...and to make it ever more challenging for playing time, last year graduate Weston Jackson enrolled at Clemson following his All-American season at Presbyterian....so very crowded in outfield....also throw in KJ Bryant. A player needs consecutive at bats / consistent playing time in order to play at any level (especially the ACC level). Getting 2 at bats in a game...and then pinch hit for...etc. and then not getting any more at bats for several games / weeks you end up the season with 25-50 "sporadic" at bats. Fans that have limited baseball playing experience would not understand that you cannot look at players stats over such a small / sporadic sample size. Yes...I am a big fan of Wharton's...the talent has always been there!

Feb 27, 2018, 12:32 PM

Something has to be said for a kid to stick it out and put the hard work in over the last few years and not walk away like most would. Whart is seeing the ball and swinging with intent, that is what Monte preaches. I hope he stays hot and frankly am happy with all the playing time problems these hot bats cause the Tigers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic