Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can everyone give Dabo the benefit of the doubt now?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Can everyone give Dabo the benefit of the doubt now?

Jan 8, 2019, 12:54 PM

It was probably a minority group on Tigernet, but a very, very vocal minority was convinced that Dabo would botch the QB situation this year. They were sure he would stick with Kelly Bryant simply due to seniority and would never give Lawrence a fair shake at winning the job. They seemed to think Dabo would make decisions detrimental to the success of the football team out of sheer blind loyalty to certain players. They thought that Dabo would cost us the season and a shot at a national championship.

And there was Dabo, pushing every right button all year long - making the tough decisions that were not only best for the team, but still also managing to keep the best interest of his players at heart. He managed the QB situation perfectly, not only transitioning smoothly to Lawrence, but also preserving Kelly Bryant's eligibility to transfer and play another season by breaking the news to him after four games rather than waiting another week to lock him down for the rest of the season for depth - a move some other, more selfish coaches surely would have made. He did virtually everything right this year, and, as he seemingly always does, did them the right way.

So has Dabo Swinney, the 2x national championship winning coach and great role model / teacher of young men finally won everyone over, or are there more holdouts on here?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the clear until the next time we all think we know

Jan 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

better about how to handle a QB situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can everyone give Dabo the benefit of the doubt now?

Jan 8, 2019, 1:25 PM

coachspeak and kb is like peyton manning is what done it

we knew the deficiencies

but I get his reasoning for propping the dude up...but man oh man did staff and tnet prop

bottom line, makes the right decisions when it counts

Dabo is a winner

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can everyone give Dabo the benefit of the doubt now?

Jan 8, 2019, 2:25 PM

I was pro Kelly Bryant until that 4th game. Trevor was undeniable at that point. You couldn't have watched that game and made any case for Kelly to start over trevor. It was just, so obvious how much better the offense was with Trevor.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled 'Spring game.'***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was Tnet that pressured DS to do right thing***

Jan 8, 2019, 1:29 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's been on the hotseat here since his cheerleading days.***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure what’s worse:

Jan 8, 2019, 1:31 PM

1) the people who didn’t trust Dabo and didn’t clearly see TL as the better option,

Or

2) the people who, while less than 24 hours removed from the greatest performance in Clemson history, can’t wait to log on and post an “I told you so” to a group of complete strangers.

Just enjoy the win dude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope we will hear the same thing for the first 10 games next year of why aren’t we

Jan 8, 2019, 2:27 PM

Hanging 100 on everyone

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not many people thought that. Dabo is the GOAT***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic