Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,220

Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve

Sep 16, 2019, 8:47 AM

in the ACC Championship game. Yes, I know we still have to win out, and so do they, but that is the way I see it happening right now. I hope Virginny and Weak Florist continue to do well, we need some other teams to step up in this league. Certainly the "traditional" powers Florida State, Va Tech, and Miami are flat as a pancake right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve

Sep 16, 2019, 8:49 AM

*Brent Venables defense is going to be a problem for Brice Perkins to solve .

I fixed it for ya 76er ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 16, 2019, 8:56 AM

I didn;t say Brent wouldn't solve it, just that Perkins would be a worthy problem. In BV I trust. :)

I STILL wish he would get rid of the godawful Nike cap, though. The only reason I can see for him wearing it, is it probably makes it really easy to spot him on the sidelines for the players on the field. He could have gotten a fluorescent Orange one, though! Wouldn't Flourescent Orange trimmed around the edge with white, and a big ole white Tiger Paw in front be awesome? C'mon cap producers, get on it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 9:20 AM

Fashion design is not a strong point on this board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

That's exactly why he wears it. With a very young defense, especially the line, he needs to quickly be seen for any play calls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

As far as i'm concerned, as long as BV keeps coaching the way he does, he can wear whatever he likes.

Sep 16, 2019, 3:44 PM

Ditto. I don't care if it is a 10 gallon neon green Stetson. If the D plays like this, it will just be another matketing tool. Whicj I will buy

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

I mentioned this elsewhere recently, but I feel sure that yellow cap accounts for somebody's colorblindness. No inside info though.

Sep 16, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

Fluorescent orange wouldn't be easy to see in a sea of orange jerseys and helmets.

Sep 17, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

I was just saying Saturday when it was mentioned that BV should get a raise, I said that he had, and that Nike had gave him one for wearing their brand name on the sidelines during games, in the GT game, BV wore a blue shirt with that Nike cap, in the A&M game, that blue shirt and Nike cap, in the Syracuse game, BV wore that same yeller Nike cap and the blue shirt. I'm going to guess that in the UNCC game, BV will wear that same blue shirt and yeller Nike cap!!! It's also my guess that Nike must be paying him to wear a Nike cap on the sidelines of our games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brent Venables could wear the

Sep 17, 2019, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryce Perkins is going to be a problem for BV to solve ]

Emperor's new clothes for all I care!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2019, 9:28 AM

Brent's hobby/job is solving problems.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'm not Brent Venables, but

Sep 16, 2019, 9:39 AM

I'm pretty sure we could just tell Isaiah Simmons to spy him and their offense would get shut down like a doo doo ice machine with a DHEC inspection.

Ha! If DHEC actually inspected doo doo ice machines, they

Sep 16, 2019, 12:11 PM

would declare them a biohazard along with the rest of Willy B.

Sep 16, 2019, 10:04 AM

I think/hope that our new defensive scheme will help with that style QB.

While Perkins has been running away from DTs and DEs that people have been chasing him with, we have been sending corners, safeties, LBs, and a much faster version of DE than most.

I am hoping that Perkins' plan of running around for 10 seconds until somebody gets open will be much tougher against our pursuit.

If BV can solve Lamar Jackson - he can definitely solve

Sep 16, 2019, 10:57 AM

Bryce Perkins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you know we only beat Hedley Lamar and his minions

Sep 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

that year because we hid the first down marker from that guy late in the game? :)

UVA looks like a team that can barley beat FSU

Sep 16, 2019, 11:55 AM

UVA looks like a team that can barley beat FSU.

Just another chance for Dabo and company to run over someone and get ready for the play-offs.

Tiger meat*

Sep 16, 2019, 12:01 PM

Nm

Sep 16, 2019, 12:07 PM

As crazy as it sounds, Bryce Perkins reminds me of another Virginia great and that was Shawn Moore. I remember how good him and Herman Moore were. I don’t think that history will repeat itself.

I have to say one thing and that Is i love watching this defense play. Not sure that anyone is ready for us or will be around playoff time.

Who is Bryce Perkins ???????

Sep 16, 2019, 12:13 PM

???

null

From the Heart of UVA Country

Sep 16, 2019, 12:45 PM

I live in the middle of their fan base, lots of friends who are UVA grads.

They are torn people. They love the step by step progress they are making. But they also have a football inferiority complex. Their fans strike me as intelligent (that is required to get into UVA after all) but not especially passionate (years of mediocrity will do that to you). They would be delighted to get to Charlotte. But they have no false pretenses about playing Clemson.

By their own admission, they don’t have a preponderance of athletes, nor size. They see Perkins as a magic man who doesn’t have a big supporting cast. But, they have nothing to lose.

Re: From the Heart of UVA Country

Sep 16, 2019, 1:19 PM

Wow - uof5c could learn a lot from their fans!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From the Heart of UVA Country

Sep 17, 2019, 10:22 AM

Ah, but that "intelligence" part will always hold them back.

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic