Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryan Bresee = Dik Butkus + JJ Watt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Bryan Bresee = Dik Butkus + JJ Watt

Feb 4, 2019, 11:23 AM

I heard Walt Deptula compare him to a young JJ Watt. That's not a bad comparison, given his size and position, but I have been thinking for some time that his aggressive, dominating style reminds me a lot of Butkus. He just grabs players and literally slings them to the ground and routinely mauls those who are in his path. I don't know how he will pan out in college, but I would love to find out while he's wearing a Clemson uniform.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=BRYAN+BEREESE&&view=detail&mid=23E60C2CC8EFEC72567A23E60C2CC8EFEC72567A&&FORM=VRDGAR

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Bryan Bresee = Dik Butkus + JJ Watt

Feb 4, 2019, 11:32 AM

He doesn't tackle the guy with the ball, he slings him down.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not textbook technique, but not not many players

Feb 4, 2019, 11:41 AM

can pull that off this effectively at the HS level. It takes tremendous hand/forearm strength; once he gets that big paw on them, it's over. He's got quick feet and explodes right past blockers as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yeah his first step is what immediately stands out to me

Feb 4, 2019, 11:46 AM

Obviously he's really strong too, but that first step will obviously translate to the next level. He can beat tackles outside with that first step, but also seems to be able to use it really effectively to shoot gaps and probably split doubles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG that one play where he was lined up inside of the LT

Feb 4, 2019, 11:40 AM

and they tried to pull the LG and block down with the LT. Might want to scratch that one from the play sheet.

It's at 1:10

Feb 4, 2019, 11:43 AM

I'm not sure the LT even touches him. He just blocks air and falls on his face.

He looks a lil like David Pollack:

Feb 4, 2019, 11:48 AM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NQYAD-KSd1E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That play is nuts and it makes me so happy that it happened to the coots

Feb 4, 2019, 11:52 AM

Pollack is surprisingly likable for a Dwag.

He was 6'2" 255 in the NFL, though. Bryan is 6'5" 290 as a high school junior.

Pollack was an NFL bust. BB is more on the level of a Clowney, and would probably be drafted high, if it was allowed, after his freshman or sophomore season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pollack was injured. Cracked vertebrae

Feb 4, 2019, 12:45 PM

I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He still only played just over 1 full season before retiring

Feb 4, 2019, 1:36 PM

Injury or not, that's a bust when you take a guy in the 1st round.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's still one of the best defensive plays Ive ever seen

Feb 4, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to He looks a lil like David Pollack: ]

in my time watching CFB. It's up there with things like Charles Woodson's 1-handed INT on the sideline against Michigan State for me.

That's another good comparison.***

Feb 4, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to He looks a lil like David Pollack: ]

- H. L. Mencken

Meant he looks like him a little in the face.***

Feb 4, 2019, 3:13 PM

Feb 4, 2019, 12:22 PM

Bresee reminds me of Aaron Donald. Plays with a relentless motor. Can beat you with speed and power. Can play outside and inside. The difference is that Bresee is 6'5 while Donald is only 6'0. But, their playstyle is similar.

Butkus highlights:

Feb 4, 2019, 12:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_V1Ixe1QlI

- H. L. Mencken

Ok now I definitely see the resemblance. Good call

Feb 4, 2019, 1:41 PM

Those were the days when men were still men, and head injuries were still celebrated.

Just noticed, is that Skyrim music? LOL

Feb 4, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Butkus highlights: ]

Wait, no. It's Oblivion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5gN1DwNDE

Looks like Rashan Gary's High School Video.

Feb 4, 2019, 1:30 PM

I hope he doesn't make a similar mistake and sign with a Big (and slow) 10 team, freeze his butt off and go to bad bowls.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You're me hangry from some mo' gamecock stew.***

Feb 4, 2019, 2:07 PM

Feb 4, 2019, 2:56 PM

#### Butkus and JJ Watt?? That's one current and one future Pro Football Hall of Famers.
Don't believe I'd go that far for a senior in high school.

I guess you missed this part ...

Feb 4, 2019, 4:53 PM

"I don't know how he will pan out in college, but I would love to find out while he's wearing a Clemson uniform."

I'm not comparing Breese's football future to that of Butkus and Watt; I have no idea how good he will turn out to be. I'm comparing his style of play and the way he dominates competition at his current level to that of Butkus and Watt.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic