Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program

Jul 7, 2019, 2:18 PM

I love that some people hate on this sport. Soccer is not going away. Embracing it might be a good option. Especially when they're wearing the red, white, and blue...and orange.

Clemson has produced multiple players to wear the stripes. Can't wait for the next one.

Message was edited by: tigerfanatic12

Message was edited by: tigerfanatic12

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program

Jul 7, 2019, 2:32 PM

Accomplishments of Clemson Soccer

NCAA Tournament championships
1984, 1987
NCAA Tournament runner-up
1979, 2015
NCAA Tournament Semifinals
1973, 1976, 1978, 2005, 2015
NCAA Tournament appearances
1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Conference Tournament championships
1998*, 2001*, 2014
Conference Regular Season championships
1972*, 1973*, 1974*, 1975*, 1976*, 1977*, 1978*, 1979*, 1981*, 1982*, 1985*, 1990, 1993, 1998

It makes all the sense in the world

Jul 7, 2019, 3:04 PM

Clemson's a football school! ;)

And...a fine institution of higher learning...to boot!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It makes all the sense in the world

Jul 7, 2019, 8:18 PM

Football and Futbol! I used to enjoy going and watching soccer games on Thurs eve during the season as a student. It was easy to sneak in some booze and they had great large soft pretzels back in the day. We were good, gave us something to do during the week outside and we would have probably 800-1000 students show up for games. Obviously the amount of time invested was pretty predictable and you could get back in time to still study that eve.

Jul 7, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program ]

impressive

What about our golf team?

Jul 7, 2019, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program ]

More recent success

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't hate on Clemson Soccer...

Jul 7, 2019, 3:11 PM

They were once our place kicking farm team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cross county with a ball

Jul 7, 2019, 3:26 PM

Play 90 minutes for about 3 seconds of highlights...geez, sounds a lot like hockey!

Or your love life

Jul 7, 2019, 5:43 PM

Soccer is a great sport, just because you never played it and don’t like it or watch it, means nothing. Trust me there’s plenty of people out there who think football is just for idiots. I’m not one of them, but trashing a very popular sport is like trash a religion, just keep your negative opinions to yourself

Jul 7, 2019, 3:33 PM

I've never "hated" on soccer and used to play it when I was younger (until I got high school and switched to football).

Even though I played, I still find it beyond boring. Watching women play makes it 5x as boring.

Guess how I'd react if somebody told me that college football was "boring" or 'dumb" I'd say "ok".

Enjoy it because YOU like it. Stop getting bent out of shape if other's don's share your passion.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2019, 3:55 PM

Well said reckless. Soccer to me is like watching paint dry. Played 1 year myself and it was awful. For those who find the beauty or whatever in it that's fine. I dont see it but Different strokes for different folks. Doesnt make any of us right or wrong that we like something different. Unless somebody is a coot.

Jul 7, 2019, 5:29 PM

My grammar and typos' notwithstanding....thanks for the sentiment (lol).

I personally pay zero attention to any sports not named Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, NASCAR, or Golf. The more boring...the less I watch it.

To each's own...whatever floats your boat.

Nascar?

Jul 7, 2019, 6:32 PM

That's circular!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's fine

Jul 7, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Before Dabo, soccer was our most successful program ]

except that everytime someone makes a soccer post on here there's always at least a few people who have to come in and say how much the sport sucks and that you're an idiot or pansy for liking it. They start it

Maybe a Clemson Football only board is not a good

Jul 7, 2019, 4:08 PM

place for posting about women's soccer especially when it isn't even Clemson women's soccer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This. ***

Jul 7, 2019, 4:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Because half the time it’s posted on the wrong bored.***

Jul 7, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to that's fine ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: that's fine

Jul 7, 2019, 5:33 PM [ in reply to that's fine ]

Ignore them.

Or, it could be because they're posting on the "football board". I mean I know it's July and slow...but still.

Honestly...."sticks and stones" brother!

It's the internet after all.

Wish I could give this 100 thumbs up

Jul 7, 2019, 4:07 PM

Thanks for posting. Maybe if more people start posting about soccer here we can grow it and introduce the sport to a new audience.

I will say this to everyone: Go to a MLS game. Go to a United game if you can. You will be blown away. MLS is growing like crazy and you’re right, soccer in the US is not going anywhere.

If it’s growing like crazy why do more people...

Jul 7, 2019, 4:20 PM

need to start posting about it here so we can grow it?

You are confusing hatred...

Jul 7, 2019, 4:14 PM

with apathy. And you sound bitter.

Hundreds of people on this board love to say people

Jul 7, 2019, 4:35 PM

"hate" whenever they dislike something or as you say, simply don't care about something.

And sadly it's become more typical.

I love that we've won two Natties in soccer and am proud of

Jul 7, 2019, 4:46 PM

the Tigers that have excelled in the game. But that doesn't change the fact that the game can't hold a candle to other sports.

And the truth is that "soccer" is the world's sport simply because it is a very simple and cheap sport to play. All kids need is a relatively flat field, a ball, and some primitive demarcation of where a goal may be.

And it's for this and no other reason that it is the "world's sport."

So go ahead and play it if you like to, watch it if you like to, and be some kind of fanatic about it if you like to, but don't expect men that appreciate much better sports to give a tick's turd about it. And certainly don't be a baby and call anybody that doesn't respect or like the sport "haters" just because they have better taste than you.

Re: I love that we've won two Natties in soccer and am proud of

Jul 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

if the game couldn't hold a candle to other sports why is it the most popular sport in the world...by far?
and no, if you took the time to understand the game you would realize that is not "all you need"

I'll bet more people donate to IPTAY for Football than they

Jul 7, 2019, 5:23 PM

do for soccer. I played soccer for 6 years as a kid but never went to a Clemson soccer game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else do you need to play the game?***

Jul 7, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I love that we've won two Natties in soccer and am proud of ]

Soccer is the most boring sport to watch by far

Jul 7, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I love that we've won two Natties in soccer and am proud of ]

Literally rather watch field hockey

Re: Soccer is the most boring sport to watch by far

Jul 7, 2019, 9:19 PM

not so, if you have even a small knowledge of the game ..

Re: Soccer is the most boring sport to watch by far

Jul 7, 2019, 9:42 PM

Exactly!

I'm for one, glad Clemson

Jul 7, 2019, 5:09 PM

was able to move on. Hopefully everybody else can too!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

let’s here it for Guch!!!!

Jul 7, 2019, 7:28 PM

Onyewu Was probably our most famous “footballer!”

Big time soccer fan here, btw, what a day for us fans of this beautiful game!!!

Go tigers ( in all sports!!)

Jul 7, 2019, 8:24 PM

Yeah, but one player doesnt like Trump, so they had no choice but to root against their own country and pull for the opposing Netherlands. Makes sense.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic