Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC is down, the in-state rivals are down, Monte does
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The ACC is down, the in-state rivals are down, Monte does

Jun 3, 2019, 10:16 PM

not have to compete against the level of competition that Jack did his last 4 years when South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and the ACC (FSU, UVA, etc.) were all much stronger. Seth Beer committed to Leggett. Logan Davidson was a Leggett recruit. Monte has better facilities (that Jack built). Yet all we hear all day today on Clemson flagship radio are excuses for Monte by some of the same folks who so badly wanted Jack fired.
One of the reasons given that Monte gets a pass for not making it out of the regional for 4 years when Jack was fired for the same is that Monte won 40+ games his first 3 seasons. It could be argued that he won those 40+ games against weaker competition and with mostly Jack's players. And now his first full season with mostly his players they barely make the post-season.
I do not think Monte should be fired but just that it was such a huge mistake to fire Jack.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC is down, the in-state rivals are down, Monte does

Jun 3, 2019, 10:39 PM

This is prob the best post I’ve seen all baseball season until the very end. Leggett should’ve been fired 2 seasons earlier. Monte should be fired after 2021

Tell 'em u5c coot

Jun 4, 2019, 9:04 AM

Jun 3, 2019, 10:43 PM

You’re take on the sos is absolutely spot on. GT was much better when jack was there too. This year they were finally good again. Miami was consistently better as well. Scar was obviously much better. The only difference is monte wins more midweek games but that shouldn’t be minimized since those games are bigger than people make it out to be

23% Tiger Pulse -

Jun 3, 2019, 10:53 PM

Bye Coot!

Re: 23% Tiger Pulse -

Jun 3, 2019, 11:12 PM

DiamondBerry

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

28% Tiger Pulse -

Jun 3, 2019, 10:52 PM

Bye Coot

Re: 28% Tiger Pulse -

Jun 3, 2019, 11:47 PM

How are your coots doing Berry ? First year with a non winning record in how long ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 12:03 AM

"They barely make the postseason ".

That's a fireable offense to you ? That's what makes you think we have the wrong guy and should make a coaching change ?
I get the dissatisfaction with our post season fails but getting there doesn't account for anything where you stand ?
The amount of Fire Monty and Fire Brad posts on here is almost comical .

Be patient there grasshopper . When a Coot like Berry is patting you on the back for a pitchfork post ... you're doing it wrong .

Go Tigers

Message was de-cooted by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 4, 2019, 10:24 PM

Never said Monte should be fired. But barely making the post season and getting knocked out in the first round got Jack fired. Even after all he did in his 22 seasons at Clemson. Why should Monte be held to a lower standard than Jack when he has yet to prove anything at all?

Because he’s only been here four freaking years.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:30 PM

If people like you had their way, no coach would make it past their first few years. You pat yourselves on the back for “wanting to win” and “demanding excellence,” yet you have no clue what it takes to build a program and get your own players and system installed.

It’s never as simple as a coach walking into a situation and not missing a bear, no matter how great you might perceive that situation to be.

Monte deserves at least another couple of years before any talk should start about him being fired.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Because he’s only been here four freaking years.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:41 PM

Can’t rationalize with a troll.

Troll on Jerry...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because he’s only been here four freaking years.

Jun 6, 2019, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Because he’s only been here four freaking years. ]

Actually Judge I am a staunch supporter of Coach Brownell which I think "people like you" would appreciate. But was also a supporter of Jack Leggett. Never advocated Monte should be fired and hope he turns it around and sticks for a while. Just don't understand why Monte gets the benefit of the doubt so much when Brad and Jack never really do or did. Jack did a lot for Clemson baseball and the university and folks on this board who called for Jack's job unrelentingly will go deep out of their way to make excuses for Monte. Maybe it's the southern accent. Maybe it's just personality. People gripe about Brad's personality. The same people didn't like Jack's personality. Neither one of them were from around here. I don't know.

Jun 4, 2019, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC is down, the in-state rivals are down, Monte does ]

You did it again ..." Yet to prove " .
Jack was a great coach at Clemson . Think we made a great hire in Monte Lee .
I am willing to let things play out and see what he can do . Too early for any of us to say whether or not Monte Lee isn't going to be able to get it done .

DB23

Jun 6, 2019, 11:12 PM

What has been proven over the last 4 seasons?

Jun 6, 2019, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC is down, the in-state rivals are down, Monte does ]

You think we made a great hire. I hope you are right. But the fact is the baseball team has declined each of the last 3 seasons. You tell me, because I am a skeptic, why should I think we made a great hire?

Marlborocountycoot =purpletiger21= tigerclaw1819 = u5c loser

Jun 4, 2019, 9:05 AM

and berry LOLOLOL

Jun 4, 2019, 9:09 AM

It was definitely time for Leggett to go. The big question is whether Monte was a good choice. There definitely needs to be a self evaluation of the program after this year. With this year's team composed of mostly Monte's recruits this was the worst year of his tenure. To phrase it in another way Monte did more with Jack's recruits than he is doing with his. The incoming class will have one or two position players and we have very few position players returning who will be quality ACC players. Pair that with no development from our pitchers and you can see that next year has the potential to be historically bad. Monte needs to make some staff and philosophical changes if he wants to be successful at Clemson. Question is whether he will be proactive or stubborn.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic