Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beat up by schedule = Didn’t want to be there = pathetic and stupid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,690

Beat up by schedule = Didn’t want to be there = pathetic and stupid.

Jun 7, 2019, 2:22 PM

I know I’m preaching to the choir here but I’ve seen a couple of references to Bama being beat up by their schedule recently, and I’m just beside myself.

I’ve always said that the “didn’t want to be there” excuse is pathetic. Being a good program is about player talent, hard work, great coaching. But it’s also about mental discipline and character, and if you lose a game because you didn’t care, you lost because you’re not disciplined. Better to lose because the opponent was more talented than because you lack character, and yet that’s the excuse used when teams lose to “weaker” opponents.

Bama fans (well, SEC fans) keep pointing to the grueling schedule Bama had to survive as to why they were out of gas come the national championship.

Here are the half time, start of fourth quarter and final margins Bama had over their opponents (in that order):

Lville. 28/37/37
Ark St 40/43/50
Ole Miss 42/52/55
A&M 18/29/22
Louisiana 49/56/42
Ark 27/31/34
Mizzou 20/22/29
Tenn 28/37/37
LSU. 16/22/29
Miss St 21/21/24
Citadel 0/27/33
Auburn 3/17/31
UGA -7/-7/7

Alabama has one game (UGA in the Championship) where they didn’t have a three possession lead going into the fourth quarter.

THAT’S your challenging schedule? Clearly laughable on the surface, and then add the month to heal up and get ready for Oklahoma (where you jumped out to a 28-0 lead) and the idea that the players were worn down isn’t just laughable, it’s pathetic. How thin are you? How weak is your conditioning program? And of course, if you are that thin and poorly conditioned, how dumb is your coaching staff to run up the score instead of developing depth?

Again, I know most here understand that, but I had to get that off my chest. Maybe a Gamecock or Georgia fan will read it and have an epiphany. Saying you were beat up by a schedule you steam rolled is just admitting you are thin, lack conditioning or have foolish coaches.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Beat up by schedule = Didn’t want to be there = pathetic and stupid.

Jun 7, 2019, 2:34 PM

or all three.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 7, 2019, 2:42 PM

And now they can look forward to another season of build up to a let down .

Dabo gonna do it again .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 7, 2019, 3:56 PM

Ding, ding, ding! Give the man a cigar and a +1 TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 3:35 PM

And this shows how beat up they were right before they got seriously Beat Up. Their 2018 schedule shows that they should have been plenty rested bc, their 3d team should have been playing the entire 2nd half of about all their regular season games!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/333/season/2018

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 3:45 PM

10-10 at halftime against the Citadel. That was Alabama's toughest game. Way to go Cit.

Jun 7, 2019, 3:53 PM

?????? 100% correct!!! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 4:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Jun 7, 2019, 4:13 PM

All I can say is I hope they don’t want to be there this Jan either, I like winning championships

Jun 7, 2019, 7:19 PM

I'm telling you, they got puckered out running up and down the field scoring all those touchdowns. That's what they get for piling on.

Jun 8, 2019, 12:27 PM

The SEC bully got bullied by the ACC good guys!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 7:38 PM

And 100,000 fans pay good money to go see Alabama play a bunch of patsies? Our fans complain when we have a couple of patsies on our schedule.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,690
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic