Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hard Foul or just Basketball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Hard Foul or just Basketball?

Nov 14, 2018, 12:06 PM

https://twitter.com/jimmweber/status/1062738482022498309?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next time I complain about ACC refs, I'll think back on

Nov 14, 2018, 12:09 PM

this play and that it wasn't called as a foul nor was the player ejected.

He went viral though, so I doubt he plays again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it most certainly was called a foul. you can see the ref

Nov 14, 2018, 12:21 PM

call it

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

####, I got fake newsed

Nov 14, 2018, 1:23 PM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/fitchburg-state-kewan-platt-foul-cheap-shot-video-nichols-division-iii-basketball-player-college

Tenaglia went down in pain, but according to the school’s play-by-play, Platt was not called for a foul on the play. Update: Full video of the incident showed that he was ejected. The box score and play-by-play saying that Platt remained in the game were incorrect.

If that kid plays another minute of collegiate level

Nov 14, 2018, 12:10 PM

basketball, I would be strongly disappointed. That's beyond the sport and borderline assault (or is it battery), intentionally looks at the ref to make sure he isn't watching and decks him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Looks like he's getting his commupance.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:16 PM

https://twitter.com/Fitchburg_State/status/1062767851617091584

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope it's not a coach K indefinite suspension***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:54 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barred from campus seems a little extreme***

Nov 14, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Looks like he's getting his commupance. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barred from campus seems a little extreme***

Nov 14, 2018, 3:13 PM

you punch a guy like that on the sidewalk at a college, you gone. Its a character flaw and a danger to the school.

Now in a bar or a frat house. You will be heralded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch the play? Kid should be arrested for assault.

Nov 14, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Barred from campus seems a little extreme*** ]

Also he was probably on scholarship so doubt if they took that away he would even be on campus anymore anyway.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not right in the least, but I'll say this....

Nov 14, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to If that kid plays another minute of collegiate level ]

we didn't see any other footage....there could have been some serious back and forth going on before that, or maybe it was just an unprovoked cheap shot...I don't know.

I do know that over the course of my glorious high school basketball career, I gave and took hits harder than that, just not so obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not right in the least, but I'll say this....

Nov 14, 2018, 1:24 PM

The guy who knocked that dude to the floor will get a full hour on ESPN tomorrow to explain himself and tell us what REALLY happened. They will make sure of it that we continually talk about this and make it a black/white thing on First Take so Stephen A. and Skip can fight about it.

Then Calipari will pick him up due to his great character and judgement and then the 76ers will pick him up in the draft.

This might be a win for him.

I gave and took just as hard of hits in soccer in high

Nov 14, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to It's not right in the least, but I'll say this.... ]

school, all of which were fair attempts to playing the sport - hard 50/50 chances, going up in the air for a header and getting an elbow, etc.

What that piece of #### did was not part of playing the sport, it was a flat out sucker punch.

I don't care what happened before that, if the other guy did a sucker punch cheap shot not part of the game first, you don't retaliate in the same fashion.

On one hand, I get your frustration. On the other hand,

Nov 14, 2018, 1:47 PM

I would pay $200 easy to see any player on any team do this to most of Duke's guards from the past 30 years.

Hurley, Redick, Wojciechowski, Quin Snyder, Duhon, Scheyer---forearms to the face for all of em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be curious if any of them would bounce right up like

Nov 14, 2018, 1:48 PM

this dude did!

no, you take a few minutes, collect yourself, and then slap

Nov 14, 2018, 1:49 PM

the floor to rally your team. It's the Duke way.

I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:17 PM

But Fitchburg State???? Lutz at that name.

Chickennshit***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:33 PM

What a rassist

Nov 14, 2018, 12:57 PM

Kid should be thrown off the team.

white privilege***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:01 PM

that's about the most punkazz thing I've ever seen in sports***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Just about...

Nov 14, 2018, 1:27 PM

What I've always loved about this is that there's an actual

Nov 14, 2018, 1:33 PM

hurt player laying right there and he's cockflopping over there.

Re: The comments are money...***

Nov 14, 2018, 2:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great flop.***

Nov 14, 2018, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hard Foul or just Basketball?

Nov 14, 2018, 6:00 PM

Coots will offer this dude a full ride any second now

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic