Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the playoff picture looks like this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,434

If the playoff picture looks like this.

Oct 4, 2019, 4:49 PM

1. LSU 13-0
2. Clemson 13-0
3. Oklahoma 13-0
4. Ohio st 13-0
5. Georgia 12-1 close loss to LSU
6. Alabama 11-1 loss to Lsu

All the experts start pushing for a expanded playoff. Because they be saying Georgia should be there and blah blah blah. So in this scenario what would actually happen who makes it and who doesn’t? Does Ohio st or Oklahoma get screwed for Georgia?

Message was edited by: Jessy89

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, all the experts push for 3 SEC teams in playoff***

Oct 4, 2019, 5:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama can't pay Georgia if they lose to LSU.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:05 PM

Please rephrase the question.

Re: Bama can't pay Georgia if they lose to LSU.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:08 PM

Tiger1955 said:

Please rephrase the question.

I corrected that your absolutely right

Re: If the playoff picture looks like this.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:09 PM

Georgia and Bama are out I would imagine. As defending champs, they won't take away our chance to repeat if we are undefeated. There will be talk of course, but we will be there.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:11 PM

Under that scenario it would be:

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma

But LSU is not beating Alabama and thuga is not winning 12 games.

It will be Clemson over Alabama again in the title game.

With the recent court and legislative actions, no one is going to push the student-athletes to play another playoff round next year.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:34 PM

I agree in that scenario, if all are unbeaten, it would be:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma

or some other seeding of those same four teams. But, if LSU is 13-0, and ANY ONE of the other three is a one loss conference champion, and Georgia did in fact go 12-1 with the only loss being to LSU, the ESPN spin machine would blow a gyroscope trying to jump Georgia over one of them, and we would be the most likely target. That is where our trump card of being defending National Champion would keep us in the playoffs, I believe.

Oh, the howls the Dawgs would send up in that scenario once they are left out would be loud enough to scare buzzards off a gut wagon in Siberia.

Saban would be lobbying at his best to get Bama in at 11-1 in that same scenario. Remember, he has already been successful at getting them into the playoffs without playing in the SEC Championship already one time. And, he also got a rematch and won another Natty back in the BCS days after losing to LSU in the regular season. So, it would be duel to the death between the Georgia hype machine and the Bama hype machine in this scenario. Given the love the media has for Bama, I think the Dawgs are left howling in lament again in that case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hypotheticals are always fun, but thankfully

Oct 4, 2019, 5:18 PM

Someone always slips up at some point in the season. Every year the pundits look ahead after 4 games wondering about multiple undefeated teams, but as our last game shows, it’s really really hard to execute and stay motivated every game all season - I imagine LSU, Uga or Oh St slipping up at some point - not that that will clarify the situation, ie one loss conference champ OH St vs one loss to Bama Uga or LSU.

In the same vein I think it’s ridiculous people are talking about our playoff resume being weak 4-5 games into the season - how can you have an extensive resume 4 games in? The best resumes at this point only have one signature win. But an undefeated Clemson who returns to form and dominates late season will be in.

That's 3 seconds of my life reading this post I'll never get back***

Oct 4, 2019, 5:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,434
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic