Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad times at VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,922

Bad times at VT

Aug 19, 2019, 12:06 PM

Don't know if this has been posted before, but SI examines VT's problems. Yikes!

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/08/15/virginia-tech-transfers-unity-justin-fuente
">

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad times at VT

Aug 19, 2019, 12:21 PM

Interesting read. VT will be back but it'll likely take a few recruiting classes. Their schedule this year should help them get some winning confidence. It won't be impressive but should get some of the bad taste from the last year out of their mouths. They should head into signing day with some positive vibes to make people forget about the issues.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Environment

Aug 19, 2019, 12:24 PM

How is the environment there? The tone is set by the HC. For all the criticism Dabo gets about not being a button down- top flight X and 0 guy; he does a superior job of setting the tone. I think he is underrated as an X and 0 guy but; the critics have their "little opinion"!

I think it's more important to have that tone setter sometimes! D'antoni at Michigan St. may get a rare 4 or 5 star(very). He mostly has 3 star guys who know who they are and out work you. He has made it to Big 10 championship games and the CFP. All about attitude and setting the belief out front and keeping everyone on the train as everyone works toward the goal that was set.

For the ACC as a league's sake; let's hope VT can rebound. If VT, Miami, FSU have good years all of a sudden the conference isn't weak! If Nancy St.and Syracuse are good and are ranked - the league must be down. Pitt has 9 NC titles the most of teams considered east coast. Be good if they were good again too!

Thank Goodness for Dabo!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, for one, hope they make it to Charlotte ...

Aug 19, 2019, 12:58 PM

to see Clemson play UVA.

I think they offer group ticket packages.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad times at VT

Aug 19, 2019, 12:58 PM

You just knew something wasn't right last year when that team was so pathetic. The bad stuff always comes out later than sooner. But Yikes! is right. Teammates hoping the team would lose so they would not have to go to a bowl game. Too much dissension creeping into the game. Fuente and staff have to be more on top of this and weed it out quickly, like a certain head coach at a great school in South Carolina (not Mustchump!). Thanks for sharing. Tough to read stuff like this, but necessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the team is split....that means the

Aug 19, 2019, 1:03 PM

Coaches are split, too! There is no vacuum in the locker room...what is 'real' is there for all to see, feel, and smell. Pivotal year for Fuente and VaTech.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I visited VT in July and I was so impressed with their...

Aug 19, 2019, 1:02 PM

pride and dedication to history and the commitment they make to their former students who are veterans. Beautiful Campus and buildings!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic